Senior Full-stack Developer2017 - PRESENTToptal
Technologies: Django, Python, Python 3, REST, JSON, WebSockets, Django REST Framework, Celery, Redis, PostgreSQL
- Developed an app for automation for Industry (PLC’s, AGV’s, conveyors, robots, vision cameras). Custom SCADA for the web using WebSockets for real-time communication.
- Launched processes for Warehouse automation (Conveyors, AGV's and Cranes) using Celery and Django-Rest Framework.
- Migrated a phone accessories eCommerce platform from Magento to Shopify.
Project Manager | Team Leader | Tech Leader2015 - PRESENTUniversity of the Republic Faculty of Economics and Administration
Technologies: Celery, Django, Python, VPS/VDS, Linux, Ubuntu
- Implemented an administrative website for students at a university which allowed 500 people to plan together a one-year trip around the world.
- Performed requirements gathering and analysis. Did task estimation and project planning.
- Developed a website using Django and Celery for asynchronous tasks. The website is capable of event notification, assistance management, people tracking, travel diary, surveys, and fines.
- Implemented deployment and infrastructure using Fabric, Linode, MySQL, and Nginx.
- Performed search engine optimization (SEO) and performance optimizations for 500 concurrent users (Nginx caches, MySQL config, and Django queries).
Full-stack Developer2012 - 2017Pyspring
Technologies: Redis, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Nginx, Apache Cordova, PhoneGap, Angular, Django REST Framework, Django, Python
- Created a mobile app for iOS and Android using Apache Cordova. The app uses QR Code scanning and geolocation to retrieve information.
- Developed core APIs using Django Rest with 100% unit testing coverage.
- Implemented websites using Django and AngularJS with extensive unit test coverage. Also developed asynchronous tasks using Celery.
- Worked on deployment and infrastructure, setting up several VPS (databases, web servers, and security).
Web Developer2013 - 2015Overactive
Technologies: .NET, Django, Python
- Involved in the full life-cycle of software development process at Overactive—including requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding and testing for high volume traffic websites.
- Developed a custom CMS and back-end of a portal website for a TV news program with social network integration (Facebook, Twitter and Disqus). Improve performance for high concurrent users, adding/ optimizing Memcached, Nginx cache, and Django queries and template rendering.
- Worked on the front-end and back-end of a TV provider website. In addition to showing programming, this website is connected to several payments gateway and other Entertainment providers such HBO Go, Fox Play and Hot Go, using SAML protocol for authentication.
- Worked on a an electronic financial system at Puerto Rico—performing management tasks and also being core back-end developer. Highlights: requirements analysis, legacy systems integration and payment gateway integration.
- Handled front-end tasks for online banking at Jamaica National Building Society's Electronic Financial Services.
Programming Teacher2012 - 2015ORT University
- Worked as a teacher of the subject Programming 1 and 2 at ORT Uruguay University.
- Did course planning.
- Handled course work and correcting tests.
Programming & Robotics Teacher2011 - 2012Ceibal Plan
Technologies: Robotics, Scratch, C
- Worked on the Ceibal Project which is the implementation of the OLPC Project in Uruguay. My work mostly involved me teaching the programming and robotic courses organized by Ceibal and ORT Uruguay University at LATU.
- Taught at a training workshop for 500 high school teachers.
- Did short course planning.