Felipe Carvalho Cruxen
Verified Expert in Engineering
Felipe has spent more than 20 years in information technology (IT) as a DevOps and software engineer. During that time, he has successfully resolved many challenges and seemingly impossible tasks a client could throw at him while working for mid-sized to large companies. Felipe communicates exceptionally well, always strives to be available to his team, and is passionate about problem-solving.
The most amazing...
...project I've developed was a Selenium-based agent that monitors sites around the globe.
Configuration Manager and Git Expert
- Implementing dozens of daily deployments towards automation of all apps.
- Automated the deployment of a Kubernetes cluster using Terraform, with the Terraform repository connected to a CI/CD pipeline. This setup allowed for specific tasks, such as synchronizing environment secrets, to be automated.
- Handled Vault as the organization's primary authentication and access lease provider, granting access to various resources such as AWS, databases, and stored secrets.
- Reduced costs by 30% by migrating everything to the cloud.
- Automated the CI/CD process completely.
- Removed all undocumented deploys and replaced them with documented ones.
- Implemented scaling policies.
- Documented the process.
- Automated and dockerized everything possible.
- Migrated from virtual machines (VM) to Kubernetes pods.
Dali Wireless, Inc.
- Compiled specific firmware using Packer and Terraform. A stateless infra was deployed to keep the state of shared network folders. The cloud provider used was Azure.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy in Azure, primarily as agents for the Azure DevOps solution. Custom agents were built and added to the cluster.
- Built Azure DevOps pipelines and code repo management. Implemented GitFlow processes and automated the creation of firmware artifacts.
Wonderful Wonderful Inc.
- Architected and deployed the application using AWS services (Amazon ECS, AWS Fargate, AWS S3, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, etc.). All infra was described in Terraform.
- Built CI/CD process for the back-end and front-end applications. Deployed the front-end to Apple/Android stores and back-end to ECS and Fargate.
BuisnessChat Software LLC
- Developed a custom Redis cluster to be deployed in GCP using HAProxy.
- Built a simple backup mechanism that makes disaster recovery easy and migration possible to any other cloud provider.
- Presented a stateless deploy schema and deployed using Terraform to achieve high scalability in multiple availability zones.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- Transformed the mutable to the immutable.
- Worked with a variety of technologies from Chef to Packer and Ansible.
- Integrated Datadog for log ingestion and metrics.
- Deployed MongoDB CloudOps (done completely with a combination of Terraform, Ansible, and Packer).
Researcher and Developer (R&D)
- Built the infrastructure architecture for the Brazilian elections.
- Architected Rede Globo's internet games.
- Supported the integration of all major banks.
- Provided aid to engineering teams all over Latin America for the deployment and maintenance of services.
- Created KPIs for the team.
- Developed the documentation for the team.
- Introduced scaling and rotation policies.
- Implemented Kubernetes management.
- Created the ISP software to manage the network and clients.
- Migrated the whole network to OSPF.
- Added caching servers to the infrastructure to save bandwidth and increase performance.
- Introduced an LDAP and Radius integration so a client/user would be added only in one place.
- Virtualized all of the servers.
- Oversaw the network, infrastructure, and interface.
- Managed ten professionals ranging from field to support.
- Acted as a FreeBSD sysadmin for all of the servers: email, Radius, and the web.
- Created a management system for the ISP, based on Ruby on Rails.
- Created and maintained the website and intranet services.
- Integrated all of the ASP systems with the new platform.
- Managed all of the Microsoft SQL databases.
Migrated Applications from Server Deploy to Docker Orchestrator Solutions
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Serverless Framework, Express.js, Spring Boot, Django, Flask, AngularJS, CODE, Akka, .NET
Node.js, RADIUS, Redis Queue
Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Vault, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), GitLab, GitLab CI/CD, Helm, Google Compute Engine (GCE), Amazon CloudWatch, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), AWS IAM, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Jenkins, Jira, Apache, Squid, Postfix, Logging, Microsoft Access, Telegraf, Chef, Git, NGINX, Amazon EKS, CircleCI
DevOps, Functional Programming, Agile Software Development, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD)
Kubernetes, Amazon, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Docker, New Relic, LAMP, Rancher, FreeBSD, Slackware, Linux, CoreOS, Drone CI, Azure, Windows Server
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Google Cloud SQL, Datadog, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis, Redis Cache
Infrastructure, Documentation, Backup & Recovery, AWS DevOps, Cloud Security, Remote Work, Routing, BIND, Amazon RDS, VPS/VDS, SysOps, Server Administration, Cisco Routers, MikroTik, Akka Actors, Akka HTTP, Chrome Extensions, Async.js, Servers, Monitoring, Applications, Reporting, Metrics, Auditing, Cloudflare, Redis Clusters, System Administration, CI/CD Pipelines, Configuration Management, Argo CD, SSL Certificates, GitOps
Master's Degree in Network Engineering
UNB | University of Brasília - Brasília, Brazil