CloudOps Consultant2018 - PRESENTSelf-employed
Technologies: Infrastructure as Code, Vault as Doorkeeper, Chef, Packer, Ansible, Metrics, Alerting, Monitoring, Documenting, Auditing, Escalation Policies, Handover Processes, Kubernetes
- Reduced costs by 30% by migrating everything to the cloud.
- Automated the CI/CD process completely.
- Removed all undocumented deploys and replaced them with documented ones.
- Implemented scaling policies.
- Documented the process.
- Automated and dockerized everything possible.
- Migrated from virtual machines (VM) to Kubernetes pods.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)2017 - 2018Tenfold
Technologies: Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Kubernetes, MongoDB, Logging, Access Roles, Monitoring (Infrastructure and Applications), Telegraf, Documentation, Drone CI, Reporting
- Transformed the mutable to the immutable.
- Worked with a variety of technologies from Chef to Packer and Ansible.
- Integrated Datadog for log ingestion and metrics.
- Deployed MongoDB CloudOps (done completely with a combination of Terraform, Ansible, and Packer).
Researcher and Developer (R&D)2009 - 2017Exceda
- Built the infrastructure architecture for the Brazilian elections.
- Architected Rede Globo's internet games.
- Supported the integration of all major banks.
- Provided aid to engineering teams all over Latin America for the deployment and maintenance of services.
- Created KPIs for the team.
- Developed the documentation for the team.
- Introduced scaling and rotation policies.
- Implemented Kubernetes management.
Senior Analyst2007 - 2010Telgo
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Radius, Postfix, Bind
- Created the ISP software to manage the network and clients.
- Migrated the whole network to OSPF.
- Added caching servers to the infrastructure to save bandwidth and increase performance.
- Introduced an LDAP and Radius integration so a client/user would be added only in one place.
- Virtualized all of the servers.
IT Manager2005 - 2007Compusat
Technologies: Cisco Routers, FreeBSD, Slackware Linux, Squid, Transparent Proxy, MikroTik, Routing
- Oversaw the network, infrastructure, and interface.
- Managed ten professionals ranging from field to support.
- Acted as a FreeBSD sysadmin for all of the servers: email, Radius, and the web.
- Created a management system for the ISP, based on Ruby on Rails.
Web Developer2003 - 2005MPM
- Created and maintained the website and intranet services.
- Integrated all of the ASP systems with the new platform.
- Managed all of the Microsoft SQL databases.