Felipe is a highly proficient software engineer and developer with demonstrated expertise engaging in and driving the delivery of high-performance technical solutions and applications that exceed expectations on every level. He possesses refined expertise in a collaborative team and personnel leadership in addition to multifaceted technical expertise coupled with rapid adaptability to new and emerging technologies, standards, and methods.
Docker, Git, Django, React Native, React
The most amazing...
...experience is developing web software and driving improvements to code quality while leveraging tools including Docker, Jenkins, and Kubernetes.
Senior Back-end Engineer
- Provided scalable solutions using Google Cloud Platform services such as Cloud PubSub, Google Kubernetes Engine, App engine, Cloud Spanner, Firebase Firestore, Apple Push Notification, and Redis.
- Optimized Postgres database connections and later migrate it to Google Cloud Spanner.
- Migrated Node.js App engine service into Google Kubernetes Engine using helm.
- Optimized Redis-related tasks using Lua scripts making it four times faster.
Senior Front-end Developer
Client (via Toptal)
- Developed web applications focused on students from various universities to collaborate on studies by sharing notes, asking questions, organizing workflows, communicating with text or video sessions, and fixing performance bottlenecks.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Asana as a reporting tool and Sentry for error tracking.
- Worked on a React and Redux app, adding new features and pages translating Zeplin layouts into React SPAs using Material-UI.
- Integrated Firebase Authentication, SAML, and OAuth for user authentication.
- Added end-to-end tests using Cypress following test-driven development (TDD) best practices.
- Worked on Twilio integration for both text and video chats.
Senior Front-end Developer
Client (via Toptal)
- Developed user interfaces on both web and mobile to facilitate Shopify customer relationships (CRM).
- Tracked and fixed issues using Trello as a reporting tool.
- Worked on a React Native app using Expo focused on making sending SMS messages and email templates easier for company associates.
- Used Apollo client to connect to GraphQL endpoint.
- Created a web interface to filter customers based on a variety of filters, translating Figma layouts into React screens using Material-UI.
- Added end to end tests using Cypress and performed a series of performance optimizations on the app rendering.
Senior Full-stack Developer
Client (via Toptal)
- Developed the web-based portal that connects private aviation clients to charter companies worldwide.
- Leveraged Firebase Realtime Database to store Quotes and customer contact data.
- Integrated email delivery using Send Grid and payments using Stripe.
- Developed the back end using AWS Lambda Functions and handled location searches using Google Maps API.
Client (via Toptal)
- Migrated the real-time communication (WebRTC) library from Twilio to Agora using video and audio.
- Worked with Node.js to leverage Firebase Database, push notifications, and socket connections.
- Used React hooks functional components and provided layouts with mobile web responsiveness.
- Performed load tests to analyze Heroku scalability capabilities.
- Performed React performance optimizations to avoid unnecessary renders and API calls.
- Developed web software and engaged in high-performance computing while holding accountability for the management of infrastructure and a team of expert developers and scientists.
- Collaborated with team to drive significant improvements to code quality, leveraging tools including Docker, Jenkins, and Kubernetes with ExtJS, Django, Reactjs, and Flask as frameworks.
- Spearheaded performance and code quality for astrophysics pipeline via python and the fine-tuning of file systems, databases, and schedulers.
- Partnered with prestigious laboratories, including the National Center for Supercomputing Applications, a lab at Berkeley, and in a massive telescope in Chile, a five-country effort, engaging with camera QA team.
- Traveled to Arizona, Kitt Peak to deploy QA application for DESI project.
- Gathered and analyzed requirements for development, following full software development lifecycle.
- Owned development of a user-friendly chat mobile application with React Native, GraphQL, NodeJS, and MongoDB.
- Implemented push notifications application with Firebase Cloud Messaging and AWS Lambda Functions.
- Gathered metrics and analyzed data through Mixpanel plots.
- Worked in a agile team following TDD best practices.
- Contributed to initial stages of mobile application startup developer, Aussi.
- Built infrastructure with Amazon AWS for data storage and services.
- Built a back end API with Ruby on Rails for push notifications and authentications.
- Built a front end mobile app with Ionic Framework.
- Leveraged expertise in AngularJS to organize and implement app layout and logic for Android and IOS.
- Engaged through all software development phases for a tool employed by Embraco, currently in use by 1,500+ users throughout five countries.
- Worked on several other projects making Redmine (Ruby on Rails) customizations.
- Served in a directorship capacity through the startup of an online marketing company offering SEO services and social media and website consultation.
- Hired global freelancers to deliver key projects and produce 2D and 3D user education videos in English and Portuguese languages.
- Owned multiple functions, including sales, marketing, workflow management, and online billing.
- Partnered with LIneA astrophysics group for the successful implementation of parallel distributed file systems, Lustre and GlusterFS.
- Assisted in implementation of high processing computing algorithms to process images gathered from telescopes that rapidly conduct I/O operations and provide redundancy for sensible data.
- Tracked different stages of the project using Redmine Project Management tool.
NodeJs, Typescript, TDD, Clean Architecture, DDDhttps://github.com/felipelm/survey-project
Core features developed:
• Push Notifications middleware in AWS Lambda to communicate with Firebase API and Mixpanel for statistics
• UI using a combination of React Elements and NativeBase
• Social login integration with Facebook and Google
• Messages stored and recovered using Twilio Message API
• Search username, email, first and last names using ElasticSearch
• Descomplica profile integration using GraphQL and Node.js (Express)
• Layered Redux architecture
• Image manipulation and files store in AWS S3
• Fabric integration for crash reports
• Continuous Delivery using Bitrise for automated builds, deployments, unit (Jest), and e2e (Detox) tests
• Other databases used MongoDB, SQL Server
Private Planes Quoteshttps://flyvolo.co/
Technologies: React, Netlify, Sendgrid, Stripe, CSS, Webhooks, Google Maps API, AWS Lambda Functions
React Native, Redux, Jest, MUI (Material UI), Django, Flask, Cypress, AngularJS, Express.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ext JS, Ionic
Node.js, Jenkins Pipeline, Stripe, REST APIs, Stripe API, React, Rollbar, FlowType.JS, React Navigation, Context API, Firebase Web SDK, Google Maps API, Socket.IO, D3.js, PostgREST, Pandas, SQLAlchemy, Facebook Authentication, Fabric
Expo.io, Git, GitHub, Docker Compose, Stripe Checkout, Sentry, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR), Jenkins, Redmine, SendGrid, Agora, Firebase Authentication, Trello, React Apollo, Adobe Premiere Pro, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Helm, Expo
REST, Agile, Scrum, Serverless Architecture, Test-driven Development (TDD), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Clean Architecture
AWS Lambda, Firebase, Netlify, Docker, Twilio, Heroku, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud SDK, iOS, Android, Amazon EC2, Mixpanel, Google App Engine
JSON, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, GlusterFS, MongoDB, Google Cloud Spanner, Google Cloud, Redis, Microsoft SQL Server
Webhooks, APIs, Front-end, Stripe Payments, ESLint, Education Technology (Edtech), Bokeh, Google Pub/Sub, Domain-driven Design (DDD), Google+ Authentication
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering
Instituto Militar de Engenharia - Rio de Janeiro Brazil
Undergraduate Study Abroad Program in Computer Science
Vrije Universiteit - Amsterdam, The Netherlands
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
Associate Cloud Engineer