Senior Front-end Developer2019 - PRESENTClient (via Toptal)
Technologies: Trello, Twilio, Material-UI, Firebase Authentication, Cypress.io, Sentry, Netlify, Redux, React, FlowType.JS
- Developed web applications focused on students from a variety of universities to collaborate on studies by sharing notes, asking questions, organizing workflows, and communicating with text or video sessions.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Asana as a reporting tool and Sentry for error tracking.
- Worked on React/Redux app adding new features/pages translating Zeplin layouts into React SPAs using Material-UI.
- Integrated Firebase Authentication, SAML, and OAuth for user authentication.
- Added end to end tests using Cypress and fixed performance bottlenecks.
- Worked on Twilio integration for both text and video chats.
Senior Front-end Developer2019 - 2020Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: Heroku, Firebase Web SDK, Cypress.io, React Apollo, GraphQL, Material-UI, Context API, Trello, Rollbar, Expo.io, React Navigation, React Native, React
- Developed user interfaces on both web and mobile to facilitate Shopify customer relationships (CRM).
- Tracked and fixed issues using Trello as a reporting tool.
- Worked on a React Native app using Expo focused on making sending SMS messages and email templates easier for company associates.
- Used Apollo client to connect to GraphQL endpoint.
- Created a web interface to filter customers based on a variety of filters, translating Figma layouts into React screens using Material-UI.
- Added end to end tests using Cypress and performed a series of performance optimizations on the app rendering.
Senior Full-stack Developer2019 - 2020Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: CSS, Firebase, Google Maps API, Stripe Checkout, Stripe API, Stripe Payments, SendGrid, AWS Lambda, Netlify, React
- Developed the web-based portal that connects private aviation clients to charter companies worldwide.
- Leveraged Firebase Realtime Database to store Quotes and customer contact data.
- Integrated email delivery using Send Grid and payments using Stripe.
- Developed the back end using AWS Lambda Functions and handled location searches using Google Maps API.
Software Engineer2019 - 2020Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: Socket.IO, Heroku, CSS, Twilio, Agora, Firebase, Express.js, Node.js, React
- Migrated the real-time communication (WebRTC) library from Twilio to Agora using video and audio.
- Worked with Node.js to leverage Firebase Database, push notifications, and socket connections.
- Used React hooks functional components and provided layouts with mobile web responsiveness.
- Performed load tests to analyze Heroku scalability capabilities.
- Performed React performance optimizations to avoid unnecessary renders and API calls.
Software Engineer2017 - 2019LIneA
Technologies: Bokeh, Python, PostgreSQL, Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Node.js, Flask, Django, React
- Developed web software and engaged in high-performance computing while holding accountability for the management of infrastructure and a team of expert developers and scientists.
- Collaborated with team to drive significant improvements to code quality, leveraging tools including Docker, Jenkins, and Kubernetes with ExtJS, Django, Reactjs, and Flask as frameworks.
- Spearheaded performance and code quality for astrophysics pipeline via python and the fine-tuning of file systems, databases, and schedulers.
- Partnered with prestigious laboratories, including the National Center for Supercomputing Applications, a lab at Berkeley, and in a massive telescope in Chile, a five-country effort, engaging with camera QA team.
- Traveled to Arizona, Kitt Peak to deploy QA application for DESI project.
Software Engineer2017 - 2018Descomplica
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), GraphQL, AWS, Firebase, Node.js, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, React
- Gathered and analyzed requirements for development, following full software development lifecycle.
- Owned development of a user-friendly chat mobile application with React Native, GraphQL, NodeJS, and MongoDB.
- Implemented push notifications application with Firebase Cloud Messaging and AWS Lambda Functions.
- Gathered metrics and analyzed data through Mixpanel plots.
- Worked in a agile team following TDD best practices.
Software Engineer2016 - 2016Aussi
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, AngularJS, Ionic
- Contributed to initial stages of mobile application startup developer, Aussi.
- Built infrastructure with Amazon AWS for data storage and services.
- Built a back end API with Ruby on Rails for push notifications and authentications.
- Built a front end mobile app with Ionic Framework.
- Leveraged expertise in AngularJS to organize and implement app layout and logic for Android and IOS.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Visagio
- Engaged through all software development phases for a tool employed by Embraco, currently in use by 1,500+ users throughout five countries.
- Worked on several other projects making Redmine (Ruby on Rails) customizations.
Director2014 - 2015VProductionAX
Technologies: Adobe Premiere Pro, Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Served in a directorship capacity through startup of online marketing company offering SEO services and Social Media and website consultation.
- Hired global freelancers to deliver key projects and produce 2D and 3D user education videos in English and Portuguese languages.
- Successfully owned multiple functions, including sales, marketing, workflow management, and online billing.
Software Engineer2014 - 2014SLACAM Technology
Technologies: GlusterFS, Lustre
- Partnered with LIneA astrophysics group for the successful implementation of parallel distributed file systems, Lustre and GlusterFS.
- Assisted in implementation of high processing computing algorithms to process images gathered from telescopes that rapidly conduct I/O operations and provide redundancy for sensible data.
- Tracked different stages of the project using Redmine Project Management tool.