Pixel Perfect Developer
Fernanda is a UX specialist turned front-end developer, focusing on atomic design and style guide creation with remote teams. She has over ten years of experience with tech, ranging from prototype creation and UI design to project management. She communicates very well with both design and development teams and is a great liaison in addition to being a great developer.
Angular, Vue, Git, Gulp, OS X
The most amazing...
...structure I've built was a full-screen app that turned the main menu into a mobile side-drawer, accomplished with CSS and HTML alone.
Screensteps (via Toptal)
- Created a collection of flexible, responsive templates, that are fully customized by the user on a CMS interface.
- Maintained a visual style guide helping developers to keep track of UI changes.
- Maintained and created new areas for a proprietary CMS.
- Updated the corporate website with pixel-perfect designs on Hubspot.
Lead Front-end/UX Designer
- Managed continuous development of international web services with remote teams, translating UX team definitions to front-end development.
- Created style guides and defined atomic design patterns using frameworks such as Foundation and Bootstrap.
- Researched and defined numerous web-based services from the ground up, leading their development until delivery to the final customer.
- Participated actively in R&D teams as a front-end/UX designer on different MVPs, analyzing their results to improve the continuous delivery process.
- Led long-term redesign and maintenance projects where the entire front end was refactored but the back end and structure were maintained as legacy while the service was in production.
Sweet.io (via Toptal)
- Created CSS animations for a web app platform.
- Provided support for multiple Angular components.
Collective2 (via Toptal)
- Continued development as a front-end designer of a social trading platform, built on a traditional environment setting, using Perl, CSS, and JS.
- Worked actively with a small team in building a new web platform for trading using Angular 5.
AutoLotto, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Created a development environment based solely on Gulp.
- Customized a Semantic UI component for a to-go style guide.
Dzigual Golinelli Design
- Planned, prototyped, designed, and developed websites using a proprietary CMS.
- Consulted as a front-end designer on numerous landing pages and hotsite projects.
- Translated print media projects to digital magazine formats through the Woodwing cross-media management platform.
- Designed, developed, and managed WordPress-based websites.
- Worked as a full-stack front-end designer on a browser-based chat app.
- Ran multiple user testing sessions and continuous development of a browser-based chat app.
Kombo HR Solutions
- Created and mantained the visual identity for the company's job application website and institutional website.
- Implemented and created the continuous delivery culture alongside the back-end team and product owners using Agile methodologies.
EPL Team Picker
Interactive Infographic for Adventistas.orghttp://goo.gl/B8l1cV
I received a static Adobe Illustrator file with the illustrations and an idea of the storyboard it should follow. Then, I planned the animations and element interactions and properly exported and refined each SVG image so that they were as light as possible. Each slide was animated with CSS, as jQuery triggered then along with the navigation. Everything was done in the course of one week. A pretty different, fun, and fast project to work on.
100% CSS-only Structure
Revista Digital Eliane 2011
In 2011, the first cross-media project for this magazine was launched. I turned every print version story into an interactive component using Woodwing media management software alongside Adobe's InDesign.
iOS's Newsstand app publication served as a reference for other issues of the magazine due to its public acceptance, until its discontinuation in 2015.
The project has evolved greatly, and now after three years of working tightly with the product owners, I've acted as a UX researcher, run multiple user testing sections aiming to enhance revenue, redesigned entire sections and user flows as a full stack front-end designer, and led teams of both designers and developers on multiple projects and MVPs. Aside from HTML and CSS, I've also worked with jQuery to handle the website interactive components.
Since the project back-end is based on Perl and PostgreSQL, I've also learned quite a bit about it—enough to let me handle small issues with the code and better plan new features.
Since the redesign went live two years ago, statistics for the website were dramatically improved: bounce rate was lowered, and revenue, average time, and total traffic increased successfully.
Liquid, Handlebars, jQuery, Vue, jQuery UI
Axure RP Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Sublime Text, Sketch, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Git, Chrome Developer Tools, Vim Text Editor, Terminal, SWIG, Bower, Jekyll, Grunt, Gulp, Google Analytics, Subversion (SVN)
Rapid Prototyping, UX Design, User Testing, Agile Software Development
MacOS, WordPress, cPanel, OS X, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Information Architecture (IA), User Flows, PSD to HTML, User Interface (UI), Interaction Design (IxD), CSS3 Animation, Web Standards, Prototyping, Semantic Analysis, Sketch to HTML, User Stories, UX Research, Templates, HTML5 Animations, User Experience (UX), Pixel Perfect, Content Management Systems (CMS), Lean UX, GitFlow, HubSpot, CSS Preprocessors, Template Engines, Semantic UI, Performance Analysis
Post-graduate Specialist's Degree in Interaction Design
San Martin University - Curitiba, Paraná - Brazil
Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Arts
Federal Tech University of Paraná (UTF-PR) - Curitiba, Paraná - Brazil