Fernando Sergio Cardoso Cunha
Fernando is a telecommunications engineer working in his chosen field since 2013. He's gained hands-on experience working in challenging environments as an individual contributor and in leadership positions. Fernando joined Toptal to work on projects where he can make a meaningful contribution and deliver real value to his clients.
ExperienceLinux - 8 yearsBash - 8 yearsLinux CentOS 7 - 5 yearsAmazon Web Services (AWS) - 5 yearsAmazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR) - 5 yearsAmazon S3 (AWS S3) - 5 yearsAmazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS) - 2 yearsAmazon EC2 - 2 years
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Terraform
The most amazing...
...Slack bot I developed was for incident management efficiency by integrating it with Slack (channel creation), Azure DevOps (ticket and RCA Page), and Zoom.
- Developed a Slack bot to make incident management more efficient by integrating with Slack, Azure DevOps, and Zoom to create incident tickets, RCA pages, Slack channels, and Zoom meetings.
- Authored several Terraform modules to provision AWS resources in a centralized and reusable manner.
- Oversaw the project deliveries to various internal customers with demands in areas such as Data Science, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Data Engineering, and web development.
- Build an app using Python (Boto3), GitHub, and running in Kubernetes to ensure that public endpoints in an AWS account would be associated with a WAF firewall.
Senior Network Analyst
- Built and maintained a CI/CD pipeline to improve the development and operations performance.
- Used the concepts of infrastructure as code and began versioning the definitions files to make it possible to track changes more efficiently.
- Wrote a Bash script to automate deployment to AWS ECS.
- Configured the dashboards and alarms using ELK, Kinesis, Firehose, and Zabbix.
- Developed Ansible scripts to automate the deployment of new versions of FreeRadius and HaProxy.
- Created a FreeRadius solution running in Docker containers that were receiving more than 100K requests per minute.
Odebrecht Oil & Gas
- Commissioned the telecommunications and IT infrastructure of new ships in South Korea and Singapore.
- Prepared the budget and monitored the project and IT infrastructure setup on vessels.
- Analyzed the engineering IT and telecom design.
- Executed the Dell servers with VMWare with Hypervisor and Windows Servers as the operating system for mission-critical environments (e.g., oil rigs).
- Set up network equipment such as Cisco switches, Cisco wireless controllers, Cisco Access Point, Riverbed WAN accelerators, Palo Alto firewalls, and Juniper firewalls.
- Implemented the system's replication feature for the onshore and offshore databases with a very restricted satellite bandwidth.
Nokia (formerly Alcatel-Lucent)
- Developed a solution for WiFi-offloading using OpenWRT (Linux) on TP-Link routers to close the GRE tunnels with the network edge gateways on backhaul networks.
- Assisted the development of commercial and technical offers involving IP network solutions.
- Supported the development of commercial and technical offers involving mobile access solutions (LTE and femtocells).
- Followed up and developed solutions that enabled the technical conditions required by the customer.
A Script for a CI/CD Pipeline
Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR), Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Ansible, AWS CLI, AWS ELB, Terraform, Helm, Amazon EKS, Git, ELK (Elastic Stack), Bitbucket, Jira, GitLab CI/CD, Packer, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS CodeCommit, NGINX, Zabbix, Slack, Grafana, Istio, GitHub, GitLab, Splunk, Zoom
DevOps, Scrum, Continuous Integration (CI), Kanban, Azure DevOps
Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux CentOS 7, Amazon EC2, Docker, Kubernetes, New Relic, Windows Server, CentOS, OpenWRT, PagerDuty, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Microsoft SQL Server
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), HAProxy, ECS, Cisco, AWS CodePipeline, GoCD, Site Reliability, Open Policy Agent (OPA), Prometheus, Honeycomb, Thanos, Argo CD, GitOps, Slackbot
Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications Engineering
Universidade Federal Fluminense - Niterói, Brazil
AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
Amazon Web Services Training and Certification
Certified Kubernetes Application Developer
The Linux Foundation
AWS Solutions Architect Professional
Amazon Web Services Training and Certification
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
AWS Certified Developer – Associate
PSI Services LLC
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate