E-Business Applications Architect2011 - PRESENTGucci
Technologies: Akamai, Memcached, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Git, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Led the development and scaling of gucci.com, the company (homegrown) eCommerce platform built in Ruby on Rails.
- Integrated the new mobile website with the existing platform and CMS.
- Created a REST API for our concession partners, to let them get the catalogs, the stock, and prices, and to place orders directly from their sites.
- Developed an image server (Ruby on Rails + ImageMagick) to dynamically create all our product image variations (with automatic resizes and crops) and to deliver them through Akamai.
- Added some test coverage to the codebase and promote a TDD approach at least for all the core features.
- Optimized the HTTP cache headers to drive our page caching strategy on Akamai and dramatically scale the site performances.
- Constantly communicated with our business users to gather their project requirements and worked with the other engineers to match their business goals.
Ruby on Rails Engineer2007 - 2011Ateapick
Technologies: Cloudflare, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon Pay, Stripe, PayPal, OAuth, AWS, Heroku, Git, Test-driven Development (TDD), Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Created multiple web apps from scratch, starting from the requirements gathering to the application design and development, always using Ruby on Rails as my primary stack.
- Configured and scaled all our clients' hosting infrastructure based on Linux machines, managing all the required redundancy, high availability, and backup strategies.
- Configured and scaled all our clients' cloud resources, including AWS, Heroku, and Cloudflare.
- Integrated multiple payment gateways (Paypal, Stripe, Amazon Payments) to accept payments and subscriptions.
- Integrated multiple third-party APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Google Maps, Dropbox, Campaign Monitor, Mailchimp etc.) using the OAuth authorization standard whenever available.
Software Developer2004 - 2006Independent
Technologies: MySQL, Core Java (J2EE), Python
- Created multiple web applications using J2EE.
- Created multiple applications using Python, which I still consider a beautiful language.