Senior Software Development2020 - PRESENTLeybold (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, C++, IoT, MQTT, Linux, PyQT, Qt
- Implemented a minimum viable product (MVP) of control software to evaluate algorithms and technical feasibility of a new control approach. Used Python and MQTT.
- Implemented the final control software to be deployed on the final hardware, based on embedded ARM Linux computer. The software is done in C++ and uses key IoT technologies, specifically JSON and MQTT.
- Implemented algorithm simulation software for ease visualization and management of key parameters, using Python and PyQt, and later C++ and Qt.
Senior Engineer2019 - PRESENTKarcher (via Phi Innovations)
Technologies: C#, MQTT, OPC DA
- Implemented the industry 4.0 project.
- Evaluated and planned machine data acquisition strategy.
- Developed acquisition software using C#.
- Integrated with injection machine capturing software using OPC DA.
- Completed data analysis for reporting and storage into Microsoft SQL Server.
Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTPhi Innovations (via Phi Innovations)
Technologies: C#, MQTT, WPF
- Developed desktop software in C# using WPF.
- Implemented a communication protocol using serial communication, MQTT, and JSON.
- Handled remote communication using the MQTT protocol.
- Implemented MQTT Broker using the MQTT.net component.
- Wrote the technical documentation and manual.
Embedded Systems Engineer2018 - PRESENTPhi Innovations (via Phi Innovations)
Technologies: STM32, C, Altium, FreeRTOS
- Designed the hardware of the Industrie 4.0 gateway using the internet of things technologies.
- Contributed to firmware development using C and STM32.
- Handled software documentation and manual elaboration.
Principal Engineer2008 - PRESENTPhi Innovations
Technologies: C, C++, Python, C#, Qt
- Contributed to software development executed in embedded systems applied for several industries, such as medical equipment, telecom, retail, automation, and transportation.
- Deployed a process and infrastructure for project management using Redmine, SVN/Git, Mediawiki, and, more recently, Github.
- Deployed software for several companies that manufactures several thousand devices in Brazil.
Advisor2020 - 2020Global Security Network (via Toptal)
Technologies: OPC UA, IoT, Linux, C++, Technical Writing, Industry 4.0
- Evaluated the key technologies to be applied to an industrial IoT security application.
- Created the software architecture document and a complete requirements specification to be used as a base for new product development.
- Wrote the documentation used by the client to continue the development activities.
Embedded System Engineer2019 - 2020Balestro (via Phi Innovations)
Technologies: Altium Designer, STM32, LoRa, C, C#
- Designed the hardware for a surge arrester monitor communication module using LoRa Wireless communication, STM32 CPU, and Altium Designer.
- Developed firmware using C, STM32, and FreeRTOS.
- Created a desktop application for data presentation using C# and WPF.
- Implemented production tests and validation procedures.
- Elaborated on the technical documentation, hardware, and software.
Embedded Systems Engineer2019 - 2019Task Sistemas (via Phi Innovations)
Technologies: Altium Designer, STM32, C
- Designed the hardware for the console interface of access control equipment in Altium Designer.
- Developed the firmware in STM32, using C language.
- Led and handled the product validation and testing.
- Implemented desktop software for hardware testing in C#.
Embedded Systems Engineer2017 - 2019Brazilian National Synchrotron Light Laboratory (via Phi Innovations)
Technologies: STM32, C, Altium Designer, ROS, QT, Python, PyQT
- Designed the hardware of a high-performance stepper driver, using STM32 and Altium Designer.
- Designed the hardware of a stepper motor controller, using STM32 and Altium designer.
- Implemented motion control software using the ROS operating system and development of an integration interface.
- Developed desktop software in Python and PyQT for hardware verification.
Embedded System Designer2018 - 2018Phi Innovations (via Phi Innovations)
Technologies: Bluetooth, BLE 5.0
- Added Bluetooth support for the current PHI-Gateway product, using the ST BlueNRG product.
- Added BLE stack into the main firmware in C language.
- Integrated the main firmware used to collect data from sensors using BLE technology.
- Improved the product by adding additional features for custom projects.
Embedded Software Engineer2017 - 2018Prolife (via Phi Innovations)
Technologies: Qt, C++, Linux, Xenomai
- Developed software responsible to capture life signals measures and present it on a screen.
- Initially developed software in C++ and Qt for Linux in a desktop PC environment. Later it was ported to a Qt environment in an ARM Embedded Linux CPU.
- Implemented the data acquisition procedures and data presentation, including performance tests. Applied hard real time Linux Xenomai for aquisition management.
- Elaborated technical documentation of the software and technical support for the client development team.
Fiscal Device Remote Monitoring Solution2017 - 2018Gertec (via Phi Innovations)
- Created the solution architecture for devices remote monitoring solution, using the internet of things technologies.
- Developed Windows desktop software in C++ and Qt for local status visualization.
- Developed Windows service software, using C++ and Qt, for communication and data capture of fiscal device.
- Created the server-side system definition, including IBM Watson IoT platform, Node.js, Smartadmin Bootstrap template, and MongoDB.
Embedded System Engineer2017 - 2017British American Tobacco (via Phi Innovations)
Technologies: Linux, QT, ARM, Wireless, C++
- Developed a solution for purchase monitoring in point of sale (POS) locations. Data is collected from keyboard and barcode scanners, stored internally, and sent to a remote server.
- Developed software using C++ and QT for ARM Linux based processor.
- Integrated hardware with a keyboard and integrated a cellular phone module to the hardware.
- Handled software validation and technical support during deployment in the field.
Senior Software Developer2016 - 2017Baumer (via Phi Innovations)
Technologies: C, STM32, FreeRTOS
- Development of control software for ventilatory anesthesia equipment.
- Implementation of control software and sensor aquisition management, using hard real time software techniques and tools.
- Product launched on the market and deployed in hospitals in Brazil.
Embedded Software Engineer2016 - 2017Gertec (via Phi Innovations)
Technologies: Embedded Linux, Python, SQLite, Flask
- Implemented a Python-based application software for micro terminals (intelligent keyboards with connectivity features, such as ethernet and wifi and special functions).
- Built custom embedded Linux distribution with Yocto Project, including specific Python packages.
- Communicated with the point of sale PC using proprietary protocol and socket TCP/IP communication.
- Defined web-based parameters, and implemented them using Flask.
- Contributed to technical support for the client's technical team and during product pilot tests in the field.
Embedded Software Engineer2015 - 2017Monivox (via Phi Innovations)
Technologies: Python, Embedded Linux, SQLite, Flask
- Implemented a radio over IP (RoiP) solution to integrate remotely two PTT (push to talk) radio solutions.
- Developed software in Python, running on an embedded computer using ARM CPU and customized Debian distribution.
- Implemented parameters with an SQLite database and web interface in Flask.
- Provided technical support during product deployment and operation. Corrected bugs and implemented new features.
Embedded Software Engineer2011 - 2013Omniloc Tracking Systems (via Phi Innovations)
Technologies: C, STM32, M2M, GPS, GPRS, 2G, FreeRTOS
- Implemented embedded software for a tracker device, to be installed in trucks, with focus on security.
- Implemented embedded software in C language, running on automotive (trucks), wireless communication (GPRS), reading sensors from truck and actuation (locks in doors, in fuel pump, ..).
- Developed shell scripts containing the test cases used for library validation.
- Created several test reports for each new library version delivered.
- Software running on device currently running on thousands of trucks in Brazil.
Senior Software Developer2006 - 2008Ingenico do Brasil
Technologies: C, Python
- Developed software for payment terminals manufacturers by the company. Was part of a group responsible for software development Ingenico unities outside Brazil. Responsible for software projects for the german market.
- Managed software using Redmine bug tracker, subversion source control, and Mediawiki for documentation.
- Migrated software for a new Telium platform of major components of the German payment application software.
Electronic Engineer2004 - 2006Omnisys Engenharia (Thales Group)
Technologies: C, Hardware (Orcad)
- Contributed to hardware development for CBERS 3&4 remote surveillance satellite program. Responsible for the design of telemetry, telecommand and digital input interface.
- Designed hardware using Orcad tool, microcontroller firmware development, and documentation based on Brazilian's space agency (INPE) processes.
- Deployed an engineering model during my period of the project of the three subsystems and the satellite was launched on 12/09/2013 and 12/07/2014.