Senior Software Engineer2014 - PRESENTDeep Packet Inspection
Technologies: CLion, API Design, REST APIs, Ubuntu, Bash, REST, JetBrains, JSON, C++17, C++14, C++11, Intel DPDK, Socket Programming, Concurrent Programming, Sublime Text 3, Data Structures, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Jira, Python, Agile Software Development, Unix, Linux, C++, C
- Designed high-performance (100Gbps) modules for packet handling using the Intel DPDK library.
- Wrote resource-management libraries in C that enabled efficient usage of limited system resources like memory, networking, and processors.
- Achieved nanosecond level optimizations by replacing commonly used libraries with my C language implementations of similar functionalities such as memory pools and lockless shared data structures.
Developer2009 - 2015Moonlighting Software
- Developed a car tracking suite including an Android smartphone paired with car trackers using Django, Python, Java, and Android SDK.
- Built and managed a 6-programmer team for delivering long-pending projects for the Brazilian Superior Court using Java, Delphi, Flex, Ruby on Rails, and Perl.
- Organized and managed a 2-programmer team for prototyping a public security suite using Java and Flex.
- Released the first version of Brazilian Superior Work Court for an internal IT service control application using Java and JBoss Seam.
- Created small websites using Python 2 and Django/Nginx.
- Led a 3-programmer team building a Node.js (Express.js and Bookshelf.js) public car park application for medium-sized municipalities.
Software Developer2011 - 2012OfficeDrop
- Created the Windows client for a synchronization service in C#.
- Built a REST client based on Microsoft Rest Toolkit.
- Created an integration API to allow Nuance PaperPort to interact with the sync client using C#, C++, COM, and WCF.
- Customized a sync application for Nuance with C# and WPF.
- Ported the application to Mono to be used on macOS.
Senior Consultant2002 - 2009Accenture
Technologies: API Design, Windows, Microsoft Visual Studio, Ubuntu, PostgreSQL, Bash, Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET), Software Architecture, Rapid Application Development (RAD), Socket Programming, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Concurrent Programming, HTML, Data Structures, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), SQL, Perl, C, C#, Java
- Created a call center front end for a large telecom, using C# and Microsoft CCF 2009.
- Sanitized an old telecom billing application that was crashing every day and enabled it to handle the data flow to achieve 100% code reliability using C, ValGrind, and Oracle OCI.
- Enabled Sarbanes-Oxley SEC certification for a telecom. I applied sophisticated algorithms to reduce a sparse matrix of 20,000x5,000 user authorization database into a small set of 50 authorization profiles in Perl.
- Created a QoS indication application for a big telecom handling tens of thousands of tickets daily and allowing for digging into each indication to find points of improvement using Jakarta EE, Struts, and Oracle PL and SQL.
- Taught courses on Perl, coaching, and business process management.
Software Developer | Contractor2001 - 2002Brazilian Senate
Technologies: HTML, Data Structures, IBM Db2, JSP, Swing, Java
- Created a workflow framework for the HR department in Java, Swing, and Oracle.
- Built a contracts management application for the acquisitions department in Java, JSP, and DB2.
Software Development Consultant1999 - 2001Brasil Telecom
Technologies: Software Architecture, Rapid Application Development (RAD), HP-UX, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), HTML, Data Structures, AIX, Oracle, C
- Created a back end for an interconnection billing call data records (CDR) application that can handle 1.5 billion CDR a month using a hardware platform 10x cheaper than the market leader solution required. Built in C and Oracle Pro*C.
- Trained the team for proper C, Pro*C programming processes using C, Oracle Pro*C, RCS, and GDB.
Team Leader1997 - 1999ZTech
Technologies: Windows, Microsoft Visual Studio, Software Architecture, Rapid Application Development (RAD), Socket Programming, Data Structures, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Windows CE, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), Winsock API, KornShell, C++, C
- Designed and led the development of a sales force automation product based on a Windows CE front end and a Windows NT 4.0-based middleware in C++, MFC, and Windows CE SDK.
- Created a second layer middleware to integrate our middleware with the customer SCO UNIX application in C and BSD sockets.
- Built a highly efficient multi-threaded C++ library for BSD-socket communication that enabled non-stop transmission of data, saving on communication line costs that were time-based at that time.