Senior Software Engineer2014 - PRESENTDeep Packet Inspection
Technologies: CLion, API Design, REST APIs, Ubuntu, Bash, REST, JetBrains, JSON, C++17, C++14, C++11, Intel DPDK, Socket Programming, Concurrent Programming, Sublime Text 3, Data Structures, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Jira, Python, Agile Software Development, Unix, Linux, C++, C
- Designed high-performance (100Gbps) modules for packet handling using the Intel DPDK library.
- Wrote resource-management libraries in C that enabled efficient usage of limited system resources like memory, networking, and processors.
- Achieved nanosecond level optimizations by replacing commonly used libraries with my C language implementations of similar functionalities such as memory pools and lockless shared data structures.
Developer2009 - 2015Moonlighting Software
- Developed a car tracking suite including an Android smartphone paired with car trackers using Django, Python, Java, and Android SDK.
- Built and managed a 6-programmer team for delivering long-pending projects for the Brazilian Superior Court using Java, Delphi, Flex, Ruby on Rails, and Perl.
- Organized and managed a 2-programmer team for prototyping a public security suite using Java and Flex.
- Released the first version of Brazilian Superior Work Court for an internal IT service control application using Java and JBoss Seam.
- Created small websites using Python 2 and Django/Nginx.
- Led a 3-programmer team building a Node.js (Express.js and Bookshelf.js) public car park application for medium-sized municipalities.
Software Developer2011 - 2012OfficeDrop
- Created the Windows client for a synchronization service in C#.
- Built a REST client based on Microsoft Rest Toolkit.
- Created an integration API to allow Nuance PaperPort to interact with the sync client using C#, C++, COM, and WCF.
- Customized a sync application for Nuance with C# and WPF.
- Ported the application to Mono to be used on macOS.
Senior Consultant2002 - 2009Accenture
Technologies: API Design, Windows, Microsoft Visual Studio, Ubuntu, PostgreSQL, Bash, Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET), Software Architecture, Rapid Application Development, Socket Programming, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Concurrent Programming, HTML, Data Structures, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), SQL, Perl, C, C#, Java
- Created a call center front end for a large telecom, using C# and Microsoft CCF 2009.
- Sanitized an old telecom billing application that was crashing every day and enabled it to handle the data flow to achieve 100% code reliability using C, ValGrind, and Oracle OCI.
- Enabled Sarbanes-Oxley SEC certification for a telecom. I applied sophisticated algorithms to reduce a sparse matrix of 20,000x5,000 user authorization database into a small set of 50 authorization profiles in Perl.
- Created a QoS indication application for a big telecom handling tens of thousands of tickets daily and allowing for digging into each indication to find points of improvement using Jakarta EE, Struts, and Oracle PL and SQL.
- Taught courses on Perl, coaching, and business process management.
Software Developer | Contractor2001 - 2002Brazilian Senate
Technologies: HTML, Data Structures, IBM Db2, JSP, Swing, Java
- Created a workflow framework for the HR department in Java, Swing, and Oracle.
- Built a contracts management application for the acquisitions department in Java, JSP, and DB2.
Software Development Consultant1999 - 2001Brasil Telecom
Technologies: Software Architecture, Rapid Application Development, HP-UX, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), HTML, Data Structures, AIX, Oracle, C
- Created a back end for an interconnection billing call data records (CDR) application that can handle 1.5 billion CDR a month using a hardware platform 10x cheaper than the market leader solution required. Built in C and Oracle Pro*C.
- Trained the team for proper C, Pro*C programming processes using C, Oracle Pro*C, RCS, and GDB.
Team Leader1997 - 1999ZTech
Technologies: Windows, Microsoft Visual Studio, Software Architecture, Rapid Application Development, Socket Programming, Data Structures, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Windows CE, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), Winsock API, KornShell, C++, C
- Designed and led the development of a sales force automation product based on a Windows CE front end and a Windows NT 4.0-based middleware in C++, MFC, and Windows CE SDK.
- Created a second layer middleware to integrate our middleware with the customer SCO UNIX application in C and BSD sockets.
- Built a highly efficient multi-threaded C++ library for BSD-socket communication that enabled non-stop transmission of data, saving on communication line costs that were time-based at that time.