Infrastructure Architect2020 - 2021OctoML
Technologies: Vault, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Data Centers, Terraform, GitLab CI/CD, Datadog, Google Cloud, AWS DevOps, Amazon EC2, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
- Designed and implemented completely automated dynamic development environments that were created and destroyed in response to branch creation and removal.
- Set up Datadog for all aspects of monitoring, including APM and user experience metrics.
- Installed embedded devices into physical data centers and made them accessible to GKE clusters.
DevOps Consultant2018 - 2019Epic Games
Technologies: Kubernetes, Go, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Load Testing, Spinnaker, Canary Releases, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Google Cloud, AWS DevOps
- Developed an automated load testing system for large-scale Kubernetes clusters.
- Set up and automated Spinnaker for deploying and testing applications.
- Wrote a Canary deployment example and taught how to use it in combination with Spinnaker and Kubernetes for auto-rollbacks.
Lead Software Developer2016 - 2018Unity Technologies
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Go, Ruby, IP Networks, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), MongoDB, Google Cloud, AWS DevOps, Amazon EC2, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
- Revamped the ad-and-monetization pipeline so that it could handle over $500 million per year.
- Led the migration of large infrastructure amounts from AWS to GCP for significant cost savings.
- Hired and trained the SRE team members in Europe, Shanghai, and the US.
DevOps Engineer2015 - 2016Motiga
Technologies: Ansible, Unreal Engine, IBM SoftLayer, Docker, Ubuntu, LXC, AWS DevOps
- Automated the deployment of Windows servers to host game servers.
- Wrote internal tools in C# to better track and report the state of games.
- Built and maintained CI/CD pipelines for internal tools and applications.
Systems Administrator2010 - 2015Willamette University
Technologies: VMware, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Data Centers, Perl, Ruby, Networking, Wireless, Solaris, NetApp, Python, Cisco, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS DevOps, Amazon EC2
- Designed and deployed wireless networks to high-density student dorms.
- Mentored student developers and student help-desk technicians; also wrote custom scheduling software for their use.
- Worked with the biology faculty to provide HPC resources in AWS for an NSF grant.
- Used VMware to provide server virtualization as well as desktop virtualization for student labs.