Infrastructure Architect2020 - 2021OctoML
Technologies: Vault, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Data Centers, Terraform, GitLab CI/CD, Datadog, Google Cloud, AWS DevOps
- Designed and implemented completely automated dynamic development environments that were created and destroyed in response to branch creation and removal.
- Set up Datadog for all aspects of monitoring, including APM and user experience metrics.
- Installed embedded devices into physical data centers and made them accessible to GKE clusters.
DevOps Consultant2018 - 2019Epic Games
Technologies: Kubernetes, Go, AWS, Load Testing, Spinnaker, Canary Releases, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Google Cloud, AWS DevOps
- Developed an automated load testing system for large-scale Kubernetes clusters.
- Set up and automated Spinnaker for deploying and testing applications.
- Wrote a Canary deployment example and taught how to use it in combination with Spinnaker and Kubernetes for auto-rollbacks.
Lead Software Developer2016 - 2018Unity Technologies
Technologies: AWS, Kubernetes, Go, Ruby, IP Networks, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS ECS, MongoDB, Google Cloud, AWS DevOps
- Revamped the ad-and-monetization pipeline so that it could handle over $500 million per year.
- Led the migration of large infrastructure amounts from AWS to GCP for significant cost savings.
- Hired and trained the SRE team members in Europe, Shanghai, and the US.
DevOps Engineer2015 - 2016Motiga
Technologies: Ansible, Unreal Engine, IBM SoftLayer, Docker, Ubuntu, LXC, AWS DevOps
- Automated the deployment of Windows servers to host game servers.
- Wrote internal tools in C# to better track and report the state of games.
- Built and maintained CI/CD pipelines for internal tools and applications.
Systems Administrator2010 - 2015Willamette University
Technologies: VMware, Linux, AWS, Data Centers, Perl, Ruby, Networking, Wireless, Solaris, NetApp, Python, Cisco, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS DevOps
- Designed and deployed wireless networks to high-density student dorms.
- Mentored student developers and student help-desk technicians; also wrote custom scheduling software for their use.
- Worked with the biology faculty to provide HPC resources in AWS for an NSF grant.
- Used VMware to provide server virtualization as well as desktop virtualization for student labs.