Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps Engineer and Developer
Fletcher is a DevOps engineer with over a decade of experience working for various clients, including nonprofit universities, gaming enterprises (Unity and Epic Games), and several startups in the gaming and ML/AI industries. He's built high-uptime, resilient systems that can handle hundreds of thousands of requests per second from all over the world. Fletcher also knows the ins and outs of large-scale applications (having taught it) as well as how to support infrastructure design.
Linux, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Python, Rust, Elixir, C, Terraform, Ansible
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is an analytics pipeline that processed over 6/Gbps of data from Unity-based apps all over the world.
- Designed and implemented completely automated dynamic development environments that were created and destroyed in response to branch creation and removal.
- Set up Datadog for all aspects of monitoring, including APM and user experience metrics.
- Installed embedded devices into physical data centers and made them accessible to GKE clusters.
- Developed an automated load testing system for large-scale Kubernetes clusters.
- Set up and automated Spinnaker for deploying and testing applications.
- Wrote a Canary deployment example and taught how to use it in combination with Spinnaker and Kubernetes for auto-rollbacks.
Lead Software Developer
- Revamped the ad-and-monetization pipeline so that it could handle over $500 million per year.
- Led the migration of large infrastructure amounts from AWS to GCP for significant cost savings.
- Hired and trained the SRE team members in Europe, Shanghai, and the US.
- Automated the deployment of Windows servers to host game servers.
- Wrote internal tools in C# to better track and report the state of games.
- Built and maintained CI/CD pipelines for internal tools and applications.
- Designed and deployed wireless networks to high-density student dorms.
- Mentored student developers and student help-desk technicians; also wrote custom scheduling software for their use.
- Worked with the biology faculty to provide HPC resources in AWS for an NSF grant.
- Used VMware to provide server virtualization as well as desktop virtualization for student labs.
Rust, Go, Python, Elixir, C, Ruby, Perl
Terraform, Vault, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Ansible, VMware, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), GitLab CI/CD
Linux, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon EC2, Kernel, Ubuntu, Spinnaker, Docker, Solaris
Google Cloud, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Data Centers, NetApp, Datadog, MongoDB
Cross-cultural Communication, IP Networks, Algorithmic Trading, AWS DevOps, Communication, Operating Systems, Apache Cassandra, Programming, Programming Languages, Nonprofits, Grant Proposals, Leadership, Project Planning, IBM SoftLayer, LXC, Cisco, Networking, Wireless, Canary Releases
Compiler Design, Application Architecture, Load Testing
Master's Degree (Incomplete) in Computer Science
Georgia Tech - Savannah, GA, United States
Bachelor's Degree in Spanish, Computer Science
Willamette University - Salem, OR, United States