Verified Expert in Engineering
Ford is a full-stack software developer with experience in a wide variety of technologies. He has built web, mobile, and desktop applications, programmed microcontrollers and FPGAs, and designed electronics and hardware. He loves working with databases and on data processing, analysis, or visualization problems. Ford has built custom tooling and automation, and uses off-the-shelf solutions when appropriate.
Git, Linux, MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was designing, building, and evaluating detector hardware and data acquisition systems for proton CT, a new medical imaging technique.
- Developed a microservice-based system using Go, Protobufs, gRPC, and neo4j.
- Built a single page application, and data visualizations for cyber security analysis using TypeScript, React, d3, and Threejs.
- Standardized development, CI, and production environments using Docker and docker-compose.
- Designed and implemented external APIs in Go, Python, and Ruby for our handwriting services.
- Developed a proof-of-concept Python-based machine learning system for handwriting style analysis. This included a web app with a number of training games, data visualizations for evaluating the system, and an interface for submitting a handwriting sample and returning the closest matches.
- Modernized the core technology stack by porting legacy software from Java to Go, and from Mathematica to Python.
- Helped with systems operation work such as moving development to Docker, continuous integration, auto-scaling, immutable infrastructure, and instrumentation.
Senior Research Assistant
Loma Linda University
- Designed, built, and evaluated the detector hardware, and data acquisition systems for proton computed tomography.
- Oversaw the data processing, statistical analysis, and Monte Carlo simulations.
- Developed procedures for system calibration, evaluation, and conducted experiments with the proton accelerator.
- Optimized the computational and mathematical aspects of the image reconstruction software.
Santa Cruz Institute for Particle Physics
- Performed experiments to characterize solid state charged particle detectors for the Large Hadron Collider.
- Developed a simulation to quantify radiation damage to particle detectors.
FPGA Mining, Co.http://fpgamining.com/
Three.js, React, WebGL, Node.js, Protobuf, OpenGL, D3.js
Docker Compose, CircleCI, Git, Shell
Continuous Integration (CI)
Docker, iOS, Linux, Heroku, MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2
PostgreSQL, Redis, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Data Analysis, Electronics, Hardware Design, Microcontrollers
Bachelor of Science Degree in Physics
University of California, Santa Cruz - California, USA