Software Engineer2018 - 2019Uplevel Security
Technologies: Docker, gRPC, React, TypeScript, Go
- Developed a microservice-based system using Go, Protobufs, gRPC, and neo4j.
- Built a single page application, and data visualizations for cyber security analysis using TypeScript, React, d3, and Threejs.
- Standardized development, CI, and production environments using Docker and docker-compose.
Software Engineer2013 - 2018Gracious Eloise
- Designed and implemented external APIs in Go, Python, and Ruby for our handwriting services.
- Developed a proof-of-concept Python-based machine learning system for handwriting style analysis. This included a web app with a number of training games, data visualizations for evaluating the system, and an interface for submitting a handwriting sample and returning the closest matches.
- Modernized the core technology stack by porting legacy software from Java to Go, and from Mathematica to Python.
- Helped with systems operation work such as moving development to Docker, continuous integration, auto-scaling, immutable infrastructure, and instrumentation.
Senior Research Assistant2008 - 2013Loma Linda University
Technologies: Hardware Design, Electronics, Data Analysis, Python, C++, C
- Designed, built, and evaluated the detector hardware, and data acquisition systems for proton computed tomography.
- Oversaw the data processing, statistical analysis, and Monte Carlo simulations.
- Developed procedures for system calibration, evaluation, and conducted experiments with the proton accelerator.
- Optimized the computational and mathematical aspects of the image reconstruction software.
Assistant Specialist2007 - 2008Santa Cruz Institute for Particle Physics
Technologies: Microcontrollers, Python, C++, C
- Performed experiments to characterize solid state charged particle detectors for the Large Hadron Collider.
- Developed a simulation to quantify radiation damage to particle detectors.