Database Administrator2019 - 2022Insurance Corporation of British Columbia
Technologies: Oracle, Oracle RAC, Database Administration (DBA), SQL Performance, PL/SQL Tuning, Oracle Enterprise Manager (EM), RMAN, Jira, SQL Plus, Programming, Databases, Linux, SQL DDL, Oracle SQL Developer, SQL, Data Modeling, Oracle PL/SQL
- Maintained a bi-yearly patching schedule for databases and operating systems. Negotiated with stakeholders, scheduled and executed technical work, and communicated and followed up with developers.
- Provided expert SQL tuning advice and partnered with developers in troubleshooting and debugging. Often fixed code that would time out and not work and made it functional on short notice, saving hundreds of hours of the development budget.
- Monitored the status of databases and respective backups and promptly resolved outstanding issues. Proactively improved resource-intensive SQL, often with gains of 1,000 times or more, reducing calls to customer service and administration costs.
Database Analyst2018 - 2019British Columbia Ministry of Forests, Lands, and Natural Resource Operations
Technologies: Oracle, Oracle Multitenant, Oracle Exadata, RMAN, Oracle Enterprise Manager (EM), SQL DDL, SQL Performance, PL/SQL, Neo4j, Jira, Toad, PL/SQL Tuning, Database Administration (DBA), Oracle RAC, SQL Plus, Programming, Databases, Linux, SQL, Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle PL/SQL
- Automated data masking for hundreds of tables with sensitive data.
- Consolidated backup monitoring with BI Publisher in Oracle Enterprise Manager using RMAN Catalog historical data.
- Automated deployment of a complex application being migrated such that it reduced the expected downtime to less than a third and decreased the chance of error by manual intervention.
- Coded procedures for DevOps team that automated deployment between environments, eliminating the need to have DBA manually deploy code and giving autonomy to developers to manage their deployment.
Application Database Administrator (DBA) | Database Architect2012 - 2016Petrobras
Technologies: Oracle, Oracle Exadata, PL/SQL, SQL DDL, SQL Performance, Oracle Database Tuning, Jira, Toad, Database Modeling, PL/SQL Tuning, Oracle RAC, SQL Plus, PL/SQL Developer, Programming, Databases, SQL, Data Modeling, Data Engineering, Data Analysis, Oracle PL/SQL
- Headed a small IT team in improving SLA responsiveness from between 30 and 90 minutes to 10 minutes. Increased tickets resolved from over 500 per month to over 1,200 on average without growing the team.
- Automated Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls for auditing privileged DBA sessions and SQL queries to sensitive data.
- Consolidated regional databases across the country into a central database by re-modeling database tables and migrating data, which significantly decreased infrastructure costs.
Business Intelligence Developer2008 - 2012Petrobras
Technologies: SAP BW, SAP BW on HANA, Oracle, ETL, ABAP, Data Warehousing, SAP BusinessObjects (BO), Database Modeling, PL/SQL Tuning, SQL Performance, Programming, Databases, SQL DDL, SQL, Business Intelligence (BI), Data Modeling, Data Engineering, Data Visualization, Data Analysis, Dashboards, Oracle PL/SQL
- Automated the HR reporting solution by consolidating data from all 13 major Brazilian refineries.
- Migrated a suite of business intelligence solutions from a proprietary tool into SAP Business Warehouse (BW), saving over one million yearly in maintenance contracts plus hosting costs in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- Delivered two first enterprise data warehouse projects to go live on SAP BW for the downstream refining business.
- Delivered the first SAP BW on the HANA solution in the company for the fiscal department, improving tax calculations from a day-long process to less than one hour.
Systems Analyst2005 - 2008Previ
Technologies: Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, PL/SQL Tuning, Oracle Designer, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Database Modeling, SQL Performance, PL/SQL Developer, Programming, Databases, SQL DDL, UI Design, Data Modeling, Data Visualization, Data Analysis, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Forms & Reports
- Modified an application to introduce a new tax calculation for investments with complex remodeling to accommodate a government agency's legal requirements within a relatively short period of time.
- Delivered a prototype of a new investment fund. Led a multidisciplinary team, including senior accounting, securities, insurance, asset management, and IT. Presented the prototype to top VP sponsors in the company.
- Refactored and tuned existing PL/SQL code proactively to reduce complexity, improve readability, simplify maintenances, and reduce the execution time of jobs. Designed and built Oracle Forms, reporting applications, and their respective APIs.