Software Engineer2014 - PRESENTRise Vision
- Migrated the existing player software, which depended on Chrome and was subject to versioning and restriction issues, to a fully controlled, Electron-based player.
- Improved responsiveness and reliability of the platform by using a messaging service which acted as a status monitor.
- Reduced cost of operations by using different technologies provided by Google Cloud Platform.
- Improved end-to-end testing and made it a continuously running part of the infrastructure.
Software Developer2012 - 2014Self-employed
Technologies: C++, AngularJS, Node.js, Android, Java
- Designed and developed Android games.
- Developed mobile versions of web applications, consuming web services to integrate with the existing platform.
- Developed Node.js applications with rich clients, based on AngularJS.
Technical Lead2010 - 2014Ministerio de Salud
Technologies: PL/SQL, Android, Google Maps, AngularJS, GWT, Spring
- Developed and maintained subsystems of the SISA (Sistema de Información de Salud Integrado - Integrated System of Health Information) project .
- Interacted with internal users to create the specifications of new modules for the project.
- Developed an automatized reporting tool which reduced the development time of reports by 90%.
- Implemented georeferencing using Google Maps.
- Implementated a systemwide GWT-based component.
Software Developer2012 - 2013HSBC
Technologies: jQuery, BIRT, JPA, Spring
- Migrated the loans administration system.
- Migrated the guarantee certificate administration system.
Technical Lead2010 - 2012Viridian S.A
Technologies: PL/SQL, Android, Comet, Prototype Framework, SmartClient, JPA, Spring
- Developed and maintained financial applications.
- Implemented real-time information feeds using Comet.
- Migrated from a static website to dynamic smart client-based UI.
- Developed the first version of the Android client for a bond ticker.
- Introduced Agile methodologies to the development process.
Technical Lead2007 - 2010Cubecorp S.A
Technologies: jQuery, JPA, Facelets, JSF, Apache Wicket, Spring, Core Java (J2EE)
- Migrated Servlet-based sites to new technologies (JSF).
- Maintained the Mazda USA website.
- Developed the vehicle awarding management system for Renault using Wicket, Spring, and JPA.
- Developed a statistics reporting system for Renault using BIRT.
- Provided software architecture support for development teams.
- Mentored junior developers.
Software Developer2006 - 2007Verizon S.A
- Developed the dashboard platform for big clients.
- Created a Flash based GIS client to allow the display of dynamic information efficiently.
- Integrated the MapServer as the mapping back-end technology.
- Integrated existing SOA services.
- Focused on performance and scalability.
Technical Lead2004 - 2006Telecom S.A.
- Led web development teams.
- Integrated and maintained legacy systems using MQ, CORBA, and proprietary protocols.
- Developed J2EE applications for internal and external users.
- Created frameworks and libraries to standardize and simplify development.
- Introduced Agile methodologies.
Software Developer2000 - 2004Soluciones Documentales S.A.
Technologies: Core Java (J2EE), C++, Visual Basic 6 (VB6)
- Developed software for banks and criminal investigation.
- Developed image administration systems.
- Worked on intranet development.
- Integrated legacy systems.
- Provided production support.