Verified Expert in Engineering
Terminal, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is an engine to render components from GraphQL queries.
Senior Front-end Developer
- Led a small front-end team. I changed the architecture of the systems, created microservices, and adjusted scaling for big peaks of requests.
- Maintained the site and fixed bugs.
- Re-implemented the site in a more modern environment, splitting the project between a REST API using Laravel and the front end using React/Redux.
Senior WordPress Developer for SalesForce Locator Map
3five (via Toptal)
- Tweaked a JS script to improve the experience with a Google map.
BlenderNetworks.com (via Toptal)
- Changed the layout of a search box, made it responsive, and changed the direction of the search form.
- Worked with a custom CMS to integrate multiple websites.
- Dug into crazy coded websites, adding features on them and trying to improve code along the way.
- Created a Python script and integrated it with a PHP service for generating PDF files from DOC files, based on the LibreOffice plugin to convert them.
- Refactored a work platform to allow switching from normal mode to career fair mode when Quantum Career Fair closed the deal with them to use this platform as the principal platform to communicate between contractors and employees.
- Sliced HTML/CSS from PSD files using Sass.
- Created Android apps for reallycoolquotes.com and integrated them with Facebook login.
- Created a web app for reallycoolquotes.com and a simple API from which Android applications read data.
- Created a Facebook campaign with a budget of $600 USD which got 25,000 likes.
- Created a Google campaign which got to around 5,000 users per day.
- Used Google AppEngine to store the project and deploy different versions. Integrated Laravel and MySQL to the almost-new PHP support.
- Created inloove.com, a website for sharing travel pics that are imported from Facebook. Integrated with Cloudinary for the image CDN.
- Created a small Android game based on LibGDX.
- Created a custom CMS system and sold it to multiple customers to manage their websites easily.
- Built eCommerce systems from scratch, integrating with custom payment platforms.
- Developed a system that allows users to upload pictures, then cut them and apply some effects, and finally ask the provider to print it for them with a payment platform. It also has an admin area where the provider can see the requests, and set the state of the order.
- Created a single-page web app based on BackboneJS for a fashion company with a custom design and a really tight schedule.
- Developed a WordPress theme from scratch and updated themes to fit users' needs.
- Adjusted WordPress to be a single-page app using BackboneJS.
- Created an application called "Hobbies and careers" to let you choose your interests and search for videos related in YouTube, with relevance to education, using Google's Freebase library, and the relationship with YouTube videos.
- Fully integrated Facebook signup.
- Created a Facebook application for making auctions and letting Facebook users to bid on different products, used by two big companies: Ocean Hotels and Aloft Hotels.
- Converted the website to a single page app.
- Took care of project management and development of a new way to search and list music.
- Created a recommendation system based on user preferences about music and built a Sphinx search engine on top of that.
- Created a way to track blogs that were using our embed player and list them on the site.
- Optimized database queries and design and migrated millions of records to better-designed tables.
- Created the specs and design guidelines to build a new player that works across the site with a queue of songs.
Hobbies and Careershttps://github.com/francorisso/hackathon2014_720devs
It has a signup module with Facebook login integration, after which you can choose any topic you like (say, gardening) and the system will save it as your topic of interest. Using Google's Freebase (now passed to Wikimedia), it searches using the YouTube API and some filters to return educational videos you may like.
Really Cool Quotes
Express.js, Koa, Redux, CodeIgniter, Laravel, AngularJS, Bootstrap
React, jQuery UI, jQuery, Node.js, Google Maps, Twitter API, Google API, Facebook Open Graph API, Backbone.js, Facebook SDK
MacOS, WordPress, Kubernetes, Ubuntu Linux, Linux, AWS Lambda, Unix, Google App Engine, Android, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Cython, Kubernetes Operations (kOps), Lean Startups
Git, Sublime Text 2, MySQL Workbench, Terminal, Google Analytics
Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile Software Development, Unit Testing, Scrum
Amazon DynamoDB, Memcached, MySQL, Sphinx Search Engine
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Universidad Nacional de Cordoba - Cordoba