Lead Developer2017 - 2020WeChop
Technologies: TensorFlow, Microsoft Bot Framework, Angular, Chef, iOS, Android, .NET, Distributed Systems, AWS, C#.NET, C#, MySQL, Unit Testing, REST, Solution Architecture, Software Architecture, Architecture, AWS Lambda, Localization, Amazon Web Services (AWS), SQL, SOLID Principles, MVC Design, REST APIs, Amazon CloudWatch, Lambda Functions, Serverless, Serverless Architecture
- Built and maintained a distributed system to support eCommerce and the delivery vehicle routing operations.
- Constructed a communication infrastructure on top of Telegram bots, using the Microsoft Bot framework.
- Wrote a recommendation engine for customers of the eCommerce engine, using TensorFlow. Coded an implementation of a vehicle routing and scheduling heuristic.
- Plugged in hand-refined SQL queries into Amazon QuickSight to provide business intelligence to the operations management.
- Managed the continuous delivery ecosystem of the company.
- Architected and coded the entire system (mobile application and back-end microservices) for a food-delivery and courier-tracking application.
Principal Engineer2015 - 2016AppDynamics
Technologies: Service, Profiling, C++, Windows Services, .NET, Distributed Systems, C#.NET, C#, Unit Testing, .NET Core, Software Architecture, Azure, SOLID Principles
- Defined and oversaw the end product's features (for the .NET platform).
- Wrote and maintained a Windows service that performed just-in-time IL injections into applications.
- Built tools to measure the performance overhead of monitoring agents.
- Designed and built a network-performance-monitoring system that intercepts socket-based events, compiles statistics, and transmits them to a collection server.
- Maintained a Java-to-C# translation tool to facilitate the porting of existing features between platforms.
Senior Software Engineer2011 - 2015Amazon.com
Technologies: Microservices, Google Guice, Spring, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon SQS, Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), Amazon S3 (AWS S3), REST, Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), Cloud Architecture, Algorithms, AWS, Distributed Systems, Java, Unit Testing, Architecture, Software Architecture, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), AWS Lambda, Localization, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Cloud Architecture, SQL, SOAP, SOLID Principles, REST APIs, Amazon CloudWatch, Lambda Functions, Serverless, Serverless Architecture
- Designed and led the teams that built and operated large-scale, Java-distributed systems using message queues, NoSQL databases, autoscaling, and decoupled architectures.
- Architected cloud-based workflow systems with integrated compensation patterns.
- Built a load-testing, Python-based solution for web services.
- Designed and built a service-oriented, architecture-based model for the interoperation of technologically disparate services across the company. Configuration of that service was done using an XML-based, service-definition language.
- Architected and built an entirely automated enterprise service bus for distributed services.
- Mentored developers in the use of professional software-development methodologies and tools: continuous deployment, automated testing, instrumentation, and monitoring.
Architect (Contractor)2008 - 2010Orange
Technologies: BizTalk, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), TFS, SMPP, ClickOnce, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), MySQL, SQL, SOAP, SOLID Principles
- Implemented business Intelligence projects with SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Worked in a distributed team of over 40 developers.
- Managed software projects with the Team Foundation Server.
- Architected and built a mobile phone-based money transfer system using .NET, and an Oracle back-end.
- Developed and deployed WPF client applications to serve as the management front end for mobile-transfer applications.
Software Contractor2004 - 2008TopCoder Software
Technologies: Microsoft Commerce Server, Standard Template Library (STL), C++, JUnit, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), ASP.NET, Jakarta EE, C#.NET, Unit Testing, Localization, SQL, SOAP, SOLID Principles, MVC Design, REST APIs
- Performed architecture validation and designed the J2EE systems for projects ranging from order management to healthcare provision systems.
- Built a .NET-based smart client applications for ratings and viewership tracking.
- Constructed an ASP.NET MVC document management system.
- Wrote unit and integration tests to ensure full coverage of the code base.
- Performed component architecture for an application-building system based on NAnt.
Lead Developer2000 - 2004theSOFTtribe
Technologies: Cryptography, Linux, Java, InterBase, Oracle, C#, ASP.NET Web Forms, C++, MySQL, Localization, SQL, SOAP, SOLID Principles, MVC Design
- Architected and helped develop a web-based customer self-care system application for mobile phone companies.
- Designed and coded a C++ RAD framework to facilitate Windows NT development.
- Built a multiplatform database manipulation library (Interbase, SQL Server, and Oracle were all supported).
- Created a software internationalization tool suite using C++ and XML back-end storage.
- Developed a public-key data encryption library for front-facing Linux system tools.
- Created replacement modules for a computer associates' Clipper system calls to make it Windows NT enabled.
- Designed a mission-critical online transaction processing databases on Oracle, Interbase, and MySQL.