Verified Expert in Engineering
François-Xavier has ten years of experience as a software developer in the eCommerce industry. He started his career in the Netherlands, working for a successful agency on several projects. Then after spending a few years in Switzerland, François-Xavier landed in Canada and held technical leadership positions in agencies and a leading video game company while working on international-scale eCommerce projects.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Node.js, Ruby, PHP, Magento, Magento 2, Shopify, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
The most amazing...
...project I've led was the development team of Ubisoft+, new subscription-based program of Ubisoft.
Senior Software Engineer Lead
- Managed a team of software developers to develop HA API integrations with Shopify stores.
- Participated in the recruitment process and building of the software design documents.
- Performed high-volume data integrations on AWS stack with services such as EC2, RDS, Amazon ElastiCache, and Lambda, and developed in Ruby on Rails.
- Led a team of front-end developers, back-end developers, QA analysts, and DevOps.
- Created our new local development stack based on Docker.
- Established our brand new QA automation strategy and integrated it within Jenkins.
- Led the internal development team of Ubisoft+, a new subscription-based model.
- Collaborated with a team to develop a new payment platform based on the Symfony 4 framework.
- Defined and implemented a new microservice-based architecture on AWS.
- Worked on more than 20 Magento 1 and 2 websites successfully.
- Led the company's back-end development team with up to seven developers.
- Participated in setting up new production processes, including code reviews and automated deployments.
- Developed our collection of Magento 2 modules and integrated them using Composer.
- Developed integrated search modules within Magento based on Lucene in Solr and Elasticsearch.
- Spoke at different conferences such as MTL+Ecommerce.
- Developed and maintained Magento projects for our clients.
- Set up an enterprise resource planning (ERP) connection using a second database inside Magento.
- Optimized performance of existing websites (server side).
- Established a new continuous integration with Phing and Jenkins.
- Worked on high-traffic eCommerce and news websites.
- Developed and maintained projects with the Magento framework.
- Created specific reusable Magento modules for our customers.
- Defined code-related strategies for performance optimization.
This site won the Best B2B Experience award from Magento in 2017.
PHP, Ruby, PHP 7
Git, Varnish, Apache, Jenkins, Subversion (SVN), Phing, Vagrant, NGINX, Puppet, Solr
Magento 2, Magento, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Shopify, Docker, Kubernetes
Software Development, LXC
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Symfony 4
MySQL, Redis, Memcached
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Université du Mans - Le Mans, France
Associate Cloud Engineer
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Amazon Web Services
AWS Certified Developer
Amazon Web Services
Magento 2 Professional Developer Plus
Magento 2 Front-end Developer
Magento 2 Professional Developer
Magento 2 Associate Developer
Magento 2 Solution Specialist
Magento Solution Specialist
Zend Certified PHP Engineer
Magento Developer Plus