Frank R. Bonetti
Member since March 6, 2016
Frank is a software engineer with 4 years of experience who specializes in web development, specifically Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, React, and Elm. He's also really interested in functional programming.
Software Engineer2014 - 2016Kapow
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Ruby, MySQL, Redis, React.js, Node.js
- Built an online marketplace for prepackaged corporate events.
- Joined as the third developer and helped grow the development team to more than 15 developers.
- Developed an interactive invitation wizard with React.js.
- Built a real-time check in service with React.js and Node.js.
- Built a photo uploading application that automatically applies watermarks.
- Developed APIs to work with other internal applications in a micro-service architecture.
- Served as my team's technical lead.
- Introduced React.js into the tech stack and taught other developers how to use it.
Software Engineer2013 - 2014RECSOLU (renamed to Yello)
- As a member of a small team, rewrote the primary legacy application in Ruby on Rails.
- Developed REST APIs for consumption by our mobile app.
- Built a platform to help recruiters manage candidates, interviews, and recruiting events.
- Wrote high performance, raw SQL queries in PostgreSQL to handle complex reports involving more than 500,000 database rows.
- Developed a video interviewing system that allows candidates to answer interview questions via webcam.
- Contributed to the development and maintenance of legacy applications.
- Developed both front-end and back-end features.
Developer2012 - 2013Lionheart Trading Group
Technologies: Algo Design Lab, Ruby, Sinatra, Excel VBA, C#
- Developed high frequency trading algorithms using Algo Design Lab (a propriety programming language built by Trading Technologies, Inc.).
- Automated nearly every aspect of the operation, giving the traders the freedom to focus solely on trade execution.
- Created an internal web application that loads granular tick data and back tests various trading strategies.
- Automated the charting systems by creating custom indicators in C#.
- Developed real-time price analysis tools and indicators with Excel VBA and Ruby.
Developer2012 - 2012Bonetti Consulting
Technologies: HTML, CSS, Excel VBA, Ruby
- Built basic websites for small businesses.
- Did algorithm development and historical data analysis for options and futures trading.
- Tutored working professionals in Excel.
- Wrote scripts to clean large amounts of data.
- Developed automated spreadsheets for clients.
Staff Scientist2012 - 2012EBI Consulting
Technologies: Excel VBA
- Managed over 200 asbestos, leadbased paint, and radon inspections.
- Managed over 50 asbestos, lead based paint, and radon abatement projects.
- Prepared operations & maintenance plans (O&Ms) to assist clients with handling hazardous materials.
- Built a report generator that selects the correct language to use based on results from the lab.
- Improved internal file sharing by convincing people to use Box.com.
Associate2011 - 2011ENVIRON
Technologies: Excel VBA
- Built a tool in Excel VBA that automated the process of analyzing historical air quality data for a semiconductor manufacturer.
- Monitored lower explosive limit (LEL), toxic gas, VOC, and O2.
- Did CO monitoring and ensured compliance..
- Did historical exposure reconstruction.
- Investigated mold and cancer clusters.
- Sampled asbestos, and indoor air quality.
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR)
Libraries/APIsjQuery, React, Node.js
ParadigmsFunctional Programming, Agile Software Development
StoragePostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Environmental Health Science2006 - 2010Illinois State University - Normal, IL (USA)