Senior Solutions Architect2020 - 2023PaayaTech Inc
- Designed, documented, developed, and implemented two SaaS solutions for law firms in the Azure cloud.
- Built secure Azure infrastructure, like functions, Azure SQL, service bus, networking, and monitoring. Created architecture documents and technical roadmaps.
- Led a team of 10-15 developers, estimated work, and reviewed code. Established SDLC processes.
- Designed data models on Azure SQL databases, optimized SQL queries, and created reports on SSRS and Power BI.
- Engaged with clients as a technical contact for pre-sale and after-sale technical support. Provided thought leadership for clients, company management, and sales and marketing departments.
- Established CI/CD pipelines on Azure DevOps for all environments. Created installation scripts using PowerShell. Implemented SSIS ETL jobs for migrating data. Optimized long-running queries.
Senior Solutions Architect2018 - 2020TD Bank Group
- Joined the team six months into the project and turned around the troubled project. Hired new developers. Led the development, DevOps, and Technology teams to implement this project.
- Designed and documented the components and led the implementation of a $23-million complex project to customize and integrate Moody's CreditLens software into TD Bank's ecosystem.
- Coordinated with the project and program managers and led the 35-people implementation team—16 developers, 12 QA, and seven business analysts, with three data scientists, two architects, two DevOps, etc.
- Estimated work. Helped project and program managers with planning, scheduling, and defining milestones.
- Designed security specifications of all the components—OAuth, Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), and bi-directional Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- Prepared batch data jobs and reports. Helped the team to optimize the queries for PostgreSQL.
- Banded with the infrastructure team to design and implement ten environments: development, QA, user acceptance testing (UAT), process analytical technology (PAT), and production.
- Established CI/CD pipelines on Azure DevOps. Managed source code branching and releases.
- Collaborated with compliance and risk departments to implement necessary measures like data encryptions at rest or at transit, required to follow PIPEDA (the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act) regulations.
- Worked with the data scientists to determine the requirements, feature sets, and artificial intelligence (AI) model feature sets and customizations.
Enterprise Architect2012 - 2018Knowledge First Financial
- Designed and implemented an e-app intake application with e-signature and a 100% paperless adjudication process for Knowledge First Financial.
- Implemented the first e-signature system for a financial institution in Canada, supporting a Salesforce of 3500 people, which resulted in a 15% reduction in the company's operating costs.
- Architectured and maintained a plan administration system supporting 300,000 clients, 300 internal, and 3500 Salesforce users.
- Designed data models and processes for syncing metadata, document generation, electronic signature, security and encryption algorithms, and performance optimizations.
- Customized and maintained Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Implemented CRM plugins and designed custom processes.
- Supervised a team of 15. Reviewed code and assisted other developers in their design and implementation.
- Devised and implemented a client portal using Angular.
Senior Developer2007 - 2010Scotiabank
- Devised an innovative method to update the ticker UI on the screen using never-ending streams from server to clients.
- Collaborated directly with the business to document requirements and change the system based on their input.
Senior Developer2002 - 2007Concordia University
- Designed and developed a 100% paperless applicant system. This system improved processes and streamlined the application process for the applicants.
- Developed a 100% adjudication system. This system, which was integrated into the applicant and admissions systems, highly improved the efficiency of the adjudication process and removed manual and paper processes.
- Created and implemented a web interface for registration and integrated it into the student portal. This allowed students to register for the semester without needing to call the service center or the registration line.
- Designed and developed a convocation system to show student names and credentials on big screens while they pass the stage.