Student Researcher2015 - 2016University of Minnesota
Technologies: Microcontrollers, Drones, ArduPilot, C++, Arduino, SymPy, NumPy
- Improved a state-estimation algorithm for a quadcopter drone.
- Composed code for the ARM architecture.
- Developed an extended Kalman filter to improved state estimation.
- Built a mathematical model in SymPy in the course of developing the EKF.
- Gained experience with embedded systems development and debugging tools, such as JTAG.
- Worked with multiple sensor types such as GPS, barometer, altimeter, compass, and IMU.
- Worked with brushless DC motors and their controllers.
Web Developer2014 - 2016University of Minnesota
Technologies: Python, Ubuntu, Nginx, Ansible, uWSGI, Flask, Django, MySQL
- Developed and maintained Python-based websites.
- Focused on back-end development and server configuration.
- Worked with Django and Flask web frameworks; one website used both simultaneously.
- Designed development and deployment tools that became quickly adopted and relied upon by the entire team.
- Worked with website payment processing.
Programmer2013 - 2015GoFIRST (Student Group)
Technologies: C++, ZeroMQ, Python
- Developed code for a college-level IGVC robotics competition.
- Worked as part of a large engineering team with the goal of designing a robot to compete in the competition.
- Designed code in C++ to log error messages from the various parts of the code.
- Built a logging library that had to be compatible with multiple programming languages, including C++ and Python.
- Created the control code for a multiprocess architecture with each section being run in its own process.