Senior Software Engineer2020 - PRESENTPICUS Security
Technologies: React, PostgreSQL, Go
- Developed the back end of a module of a cybersecurity product with Golang. This feature allows scheduling jobs to its agents and handling front end requests.
- Created a background process with Golang that is responsible for querying cybersecurity solutions like Splunk, IBM QRadar, and Carbon Black.
- Built the communication infrastructure between the back end and the agents using WebSockets.
- Produced components and pages with React for the front end of the product.
Lead Cloud Engineer2020 - 2020Toptal Clients
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon Lex, Pinpoint, AWS, AWS Lambda, Python
- Helped the development of a chatbot with AWS Lex.
- Developed a lambda function for the communication between AWS DynamoDB and AWS Lex chatbot.
- Developed a lambda function for the communication between AWS Pinpoint and the AWS Lex chatbot.
Lead Cloud Engineer2020 - 2020Toptal Clients
Technologies: Node.js, Python, AWS IAM, AWS S3, Amazon SQS, AWS Lambda, AWS CloudFormation, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Developed the cloud network infrastructure (VPC and VPC endpoints) and automated its provisioning with CloudFormation.
- Improved a lambda function written in Python and added synchronization capability with S3.
- Developed the automated provisioning and deployment of the cloud resources with AWS CloudFormation including S3 buckets, Lambda functions, Elasticsearch cluster, and IAM policies and roles.
Software Development Manager2018 - 2020NuRD Innovation Center | R&D Department of Comodo
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), MySQL, Angular, Redis, Elasticsearch, Spring Boot, Java, AWS
- Refactored the existing architecture to move towards microservices via Spring Cloud (Eureka and Zuul) integration into the solution, which removed scalability and separated authentication implementation problems.
- Designed the necessary system and software architecture for incoming feature requests.
- Implemented a fully automated and transactional customer onboarding and shutdown steps with AWS CloudFormation.
- Implemented a more than 50% cost reduction on AWS Cloud via refactoring the existing architectures, introducing new modules, and adding reservations that better fit the system needs.
- Improved radically system stability and reliability.
- Updated the existing streaming processing pipeline. Introduced new modules to reduce the costs and load on the system and updated the existing CEP architecture to improve its performance and make it horizontally scalable.
Software Team Lead and Software Architect2014 - 2018ATOS
Technologies: Oracle, PostgreSQL, Red Hat Red Hat Single Sign-On, BPM, Spring, Java
- Implemented the development framework—including a UI component library for Spring MVC, BPM Suite abstraction, authentication, authorization, and much more—that was used by 28 developers in the project, enabling them to deliver features much faster.
- Built a fully dynamic authorization infrastructure where admins define all roles, permissions, and scopes from the UI, and where users' permissions resolve at runtime from the moment they access the resource.
- Developed a background service responsible for data distribution and synchronization nodes at different locations.
- Developed the test automation infrastructure with Java and Selenium WebDriver.
Senior Software Engineer2011 - 2013KOC Information & Defence
Technologies: MySQL, Qt, C++
- Developed the software and hardware integration module that sends data read from the hardware to the simulation software and then writes the output data to the corresponding hardware.
- Constructed an aim detection module that spots information about the shoot coordinates—where the soldiers point their gun at when firing in the simulation environment—and sends it to the simulation software.
- Created a training-tracking system that tracks the user actions during a training session and evaluates the trainees' performance after the training session based on an extendible rule-based evaluation system.
- Built a training management system that enables instructors to plan training sessions on the simulation environment.
Software Engineer2009 - 2011Anel R&D
Technologies: MySQL, Spring, Android, Java
- Developed a web application that communicates with the home appliances via a gateway module.
- Built the smart personal assistant Android mobile application, including its RESTful web services on the back end, providing location-based services to its users.
- Constructed a common client-server communication library for mobile applications to communicate with RESTful web services. The library is also used in other company projects.
Software Engineer2008 - 2009Tumer Engineering
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, C#.NET
- Developed a central security system that communicates with the sensors in a simulation environment and triggers alarms when the values are over defined (editable) threshold values.
- Built a live monitoring-and-recording system that included training session management, live training session monitoring, and training session recording.
- Constructed a system-maintenance module that tracks the hardware-maintenance times and warns the system users.