Java Developer in Berlin, Germany
Software Development Engineer2017 - PRESENTAmazon
Technologies: Java, Spring
- Provided development support to various Amazon tools.
Data Engineer2017 - 2017Whitespace Solutions
Technologies: Java, Spark, AWS
- Developed multiple Spark jobs to ingest terabytes of data.
- Developed a reusable framework for new jobs.
Platform Engineer2016 - 2017Zalando SE
Technologies: AWS, Java, Spring, Scala, Spark, Golang, Python, Redis, Cassandra, ES
- Supported Zalando's recommendation engine platform.
- Developed new highly scalable microservices with Golang and Spring Boot.
- Developed Spark jobs for log analysis.
- Developed Spark jobs for recommendations.
Data Engineer2015 - 2016Iletken Technology
- Optimized Spark training codes.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- Developed a content-based recommendation system.
- Maintained a working recommendation system which works as a SaaS.
- Maintained AWS.
- Created a data warehouse pipeline.
- Created a customer unification system.
- Created a sentiment analysis system for Turkish.
Software Developer2013 - 2015Vendeka Inteligence Transportation Systems
- Created a reusable, cross-platform tool for licensing software.
- Built a 2D warehouse virtualization to track product whereabouts visually.
- Improved and supported the warehouse management system with RFID (forklift app, desktop app, etc).
- Supported several other projects (web applications with GWT, etc.).
- Led a team of interns to develop sample iBeacon apps.
- Utilized Agile, Scrum, and Kanban methods as part of a team.
Android Developer Intern2012 - 2012Cyclops Information Technologies
Technologies: Android, Java
- Created an Android tracking system.
- Tested applications for edge cases.
- Acquainted myself with Android programming and workflow as well as Java development.
Android Developer (Intern)2011 - 2012Gripati Digital Entertainment
Technologies: Unity 3D, JS
- Adapted a game created for iOS to Android.
- Profiled the game that I adapted for Android and made it a lot faster.
- Created several example games with a library that the company sells on Unity Asset Store.
- Improved the company's knowledge base of Android development practices.
- Zalando's Recommendation Platform (Development)https://www.zalando.de
The sixteenth biggest eCommerce company in the world.
- Convertale (Development)
Convertale is a simple, fast, and real time plug and play recommendation engine for e-retailers. Convertale uses cutting edge research and innovation to deliver the most meaningful and relevant product recommendations.
- Data Warehouse ETL with Spark (Development)
End to end data warehouse system built with Spark for one of the top eCommerce platforms in Turkey.
- Customer Unification System (Development)
Customer unification system built for one of the top eCommerce platforms in Turkey.
- Turkish Sentiment Analysis System (Development)
A system to analyze whether sentiment of the society affects sales, built for one of the top e-retailers in Turkey.
- SenseBlue (Development)
SenseBlue is a beacon-based item management system.
- Akdeniz (Development)
Akdeniz is a smart warehouse system which works with passive RFID technology.
- NFC Loyaty System (Development)http://mobicard.herokuapp.com/
An NFC loyalty system module. I developed this application as a senior project.
- Nearby - Who Is Around (Development)
A mobile chat program which does not require a server.
- CorridorFly (Development)http://www.gripati.com/corridor-fly/
iPhone and Android applications and a front-end control layer between Unity 3D Game Engine and Xcode, developed while studying towards my bachelor’s degree.
- Shelf Sort (Development)http://www.furkanvarol.com
A sorting algorithm based on Library Sort, optimized with several tools, which runs faster than most of algorithms like Shell, Quick, Heap, Radix, and even Quick on randomly distributed integers.
FrameworksSpring, Apache Spark, AWS EMR, GWT, JPA, .NET, Android SDK, Unity, ASP, Play Framework
ToolsGit, Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse IDE, IntelliJ IDEA, Sublime Text 3, Vagrant, RabbitMQ
ParadigmsObject-oriented Programming (OOP), Kanban, Scrum, Unit Testing, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Functional Programming
PlatformsAmazon Web Services (AWS), AWS EC2, Windows, AWS Kinesis, Linux, Android, Windows CE
StorageMySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Redis, AWS DynamoDB
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering2016 - 2018Yildiz Teknik University - Istanbul, Turkey
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering2009 - 2014Fatih University - Istanbul, Turkey
- Bachelor's (Erasmus) degree in Computer Engineering2013 - 2013Fachhochschule Vorarlberg - Dornbirn, Vorarlberg, Austria