Front-end Developer2016 - PRESENTSourcefabric
Technologies: AngularJS 1, React.js, Redux, ES6
- Refactored codebase and development environment from a basic Node server to WebPack.
- Refactored code from ES5 to ES6 and created a modular system.
- Rewrote rich text editor from a basic MediumEditor implementation to Facebook Draft.js using Redux.
- Installed a documentation system and restructured the project.
- Significantly improved scalability and overall project architecture, transitioning from a basic standalone application, to a modular and pluggable SaaS system.
Full-stack Developer2014 - 2015Sourcegraph.com
- Designed a Git file storage system and a code review tool in Go. The tool resembled a merger between GitHub’s pull request system and Gerrit Code Review, allowing interaction with code definitions and references.
- Built front-end architecture using Facebook’s FLUX model with React.js and Backbone.
- Designed and implemented repository code browsing with interactive UI.
- Worked with a low-level Git API for file and content manipulation to allow the UI to operate on repositories easily for merging, rebasing, code review, and comparisons.
- Implemented a code tokenizing algorithm and syntax highlighter.
- Worked on source code analysis and graph creation open source library called srclib.
- Acted as project manager, successfully running meetings remotely using Agile methodologies.
- Acted as team leader, guiding new team members from around the globe through development and onboarding.
- Helped grow the company to 10+ by assisting in interviewing and providing feedback.
Front-end Developer2014 - 2014Thomson Reuters
- Worked on growing the Accelus product by implementing new UI features as requested by the business unit.
- Grew and contributed to JS UI framework in use throughout the company.
- Refactored a large amount of outsourced code to make it more scalable, maintainable, better performing, and testable.
UI Developer2013 - 2014Territory Studio
- Created a highly interactive promotional website for Hyundai with a metro-style UI, built from a custom jQuery plugin that allowed navigating an interactive and dynamic tile system.
- Worked on creating CMS solutions (WordPress or custom) for various Territory Studio customers.
- Created small mobile applications using Apache Cordova.
- Collaborated on an on-going contractual basis for projects and support.
Front-end Developer2013 - 2014Mobile Interactive Group (Velti)
- Assisted in developing a platform that renders custom HTML5 elements for Panasonic Avionics, which is used as entertainment on flights from KLM, British Airways, Qantas, and other airlines.
- Implemented a media player that allowed viewing and navigating video items that were available via on-flight entertainment.
- Added functionality that provided for media playlists as well as multitasking between applications and games.
- Improved the flight information application and other already-present customizable widgets.
- Created reusable and skinnable plugins to be used across different products.
Front-End Develoepr2012 - 2013LexisNexis (Reed Elsevier)
- Created the landing page and home page of the LexisNexis PSL (Private Solicitor Lawyer) project.
- Fixed bugs and helped with maintenance on various LexisNexis projects.
- Assisted with planning and designing user flows and interactions.
- Worked on implementing a dashboard containing previously created (pluggable) widgets for the PSL project.
- Created widgets using OOP JS, CSS3, HTML5, and Raphael.
Software Developer2010 - 2012Nemetos
- Created the front-end for the award-winning website HULT Business School. It won SiteCore Site of the Year Award in the UK in 2011.
- Worked in a team to create the highly-responsive and interactive front-end for the SGS corporation’s homepage. It won SiteCore Site of the Year International Award in 2011.
- Traveled on site to support and create wireframes for Aller in Denmark as well as implement them.
- Implemented the homepage for the Elle Magazine website in Denmark.
- Worked on the PhaseOne website’s feature pages and on UniCredit Swiss Bank’s page, where I’ve implemented interactive wireframes.
- Maintained and fixed issues on an app from the HSBC UK website.
Full-stack Developer2008 - 2010Wayfinder Systems (Vodafone)
- Built an internal CRM application for employee time reporting using Ext JS, called Wallace.
- Created statistical algorithms to report and aggregate sales data from a MySQL database using PHP, HTML, and CSS.
- Worked as a full-stack developer on implementing an API similar to Google Maps API that allowed displaying of maps at various zoom levels, drawing routes and GPS navigation, POIs (Points of Interest) and searching.
- Designed a demo website that illustrated the API at work, where one could search for Points of Interest, navigate, create routes, and pan/zoom the map.