Python Developer in New York, NY, United States
Founder2018 - PRESENTScalar Research
Technologies: Python, PyTorch, TensorFlow
- Founded at Scalar Research, an artificial intelligence and data science consulting firm. Our team helps companies understand how they can leverage data to drive outsized improvements to their core metrics.
- Helped a chemicals company build a data product by automatically extracting unstructured data from millions of PDF documents.
- Creating an introductory Python-based machine learning and data science course to be published on Udemy.
Research Assistant2017 - 2017Stanford Computer Vision Lab
Technologies: PyTorch, TensorFlow, Python
- Researched for AI-enabled smart hospitals that leverage computer vision methods to reduce the monitoring workload of clinicians.
- Developed deep learning models (based on RNNs and CNNs), end-to-end data pipeline, and annotation tools.
- Published a first-author paper that was selected for a spotlight presentation (top 10 papers) at NIPS ML4H 2017.
- Published a paper in npj (Nature) Digital Medicine.
Research Intern2016 - 2017QxBranch
Technologies: TensorFlow, PyTorch, Python
- Researched quantum deep learning methods using the D-Wave 2X quantum computer.
- Developed a novel architecture and quantum-assisted learning algorithm for convolutional deep belief networks.
- Accepted for a poster presentation at the Adiabatic Quantum Computing Conference 2017 (Tokyo, Japan).
Software Engineer Intern2015 - 2015
- Implemented monitoring features for Google Cloud.
- Presented to enterprise customers.
- Was featured on the Google Cloud Platform Blog.
- Conducted market research, prepared mockups, and created proof of concept for upcoming Google Cloud Monitoring features.
Software Engineer Intern2014 - 2014
- Developed collaboration and data integrity features to streamline the workflow of large customers using Facebook Ads Manager.
- Created a plugin for an internal tool to increase developer productivity.
- AI in Healthcare Research (Development)
During his master's program, Gabriel conducted research at the Stanford Partnership in AI-Assisted Care, a joint lab between the Stanford Computer Science Department (Prof. Fei-Fei Li—Chief Scientist of Cloud AI/ML at Google) and the Stanford School of Medicine (Prof. Arnold Milstein). His research focused on improving clinical care and reducing monitoring costs in hospitals by leveraging machine learning and computer vision, and resulted in a first-author manuscript selected as Top 10 Research Paper at the NIPS Machine Learning for Health 2017 Workshop.
- Quantitative Trading for Cryptoassets (Development)
Gabriel built an algorithmic and quantitative trading platform for crypto-asset markets that handled over US$10 million in volume. He developed quantitative strategies based on techniques from signal processing, control theory, machine learning, and blockchain analysis, and created a crypto portfolio optimization framework with convex optimization. Using these tools, he managed a portfolio of hundreds of thousands of dollars for his investors and outperformed both Bitcoin and the Coinbase Index.
- Quantum Deep Learning Research (Development)
Gabriel was one of ten students to graduate with honors in computer science in his undergraduate class at Stanford. His thesis investigated quantum deep learning algorithms using NASA's D-Wave quantum computer, and was selected for a presentation at the AQC 2017 Conference in Tokyo, Japan.
OtherDeep Learning, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Quantitative Finance, Financial Modeling
PlatformsAmazon Web Services (AWS), Linux
StorageGoogle Cloud, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis
- Master of Science (MSc) degree in Computer Science2017 - 2018Stanford University - Stanford, CA, USA
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in Computer Science2013 - 2017Stanford University - Stanford, CA, USA