Gabriel Constantin Nimigeanu
Verified Expert in Engineering
Video Encoding Developer
Gabriel is a talented multidisciplinary software engineer. He is passionate about streaming media and real-time communication. He is an efficient developer and a capable leader with over a decade of leadership experience as well as freelance experience as far back as the golden age of Flash.
The most amazing...
...audience growth I've witnessed was zero to 300,000 in less than a minute.
- Helped customers set up the P2P module on top of their streaming platform.
- Continuously supported atypical deployments and key client implements, proactively reviewing their quality of service.
- Guided potential clients into the product and reviewed and improved documentation.
- Mediated critical support and feature requests between clients and developers.
Senior Software Engineer
Next Level Security Systems INC
- Architected, documented, and helped deploy a feature expansion (migrated from Flash to WebRTC) while keeping the platform active.
- Provided exhaustive documentation of solution, complete with architecture diagrams.
- Met with the team to discuss implementation challenges.
Wowza Video Streaming Developer
- Built a headless browser renderer with streaming capabilities (prototype).
- Provided exhaustive documentation on functionality and integration.
- Communicated with the client on outcomes and challenges.
Spot AI, Inc
- Worked with the permanent team to optimize the streaming and IoT setup.
- Documented findings and defined short and medium-term goals.
- Reviewed the implementation and suggested improvements.
Developer | WebRTC and Wowza
- Audited live streaming platforms for reliability, scalability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Discussed operation and deployment challenges with the team.
- Provided exhaustive documentation on envisioned success path and ways to improve.
Streaming Network Developer
- Revived and improved an antiquated streaming platform.
- Migrated to newer technologies while keeping the platform running.
- Worked out tech and methodology to easily 'clone' and adapt streaming platforms to various purposes.
- Provided tips and support long after project delivery.
- Rebuilt streaming platform for scalability and failover.
- Migrated to a new streaming platform with zero downtime.
- Trained the team to operate the new streaming platform.
- Set up tests to simulate realistic loads on the streaming system.
- Offered assistance long after project completion.
- Deployed and maintained the back-end infrastructure for a mobile app.
- Advised on and implemented scalability automation and alerts.
- Actively involved in product development and decision-making.
Wowza and Streaming Consultant
- Scaled and overall improved the live streaming platform.
- Added failover capabilities and set up downtime alerts.
- Trained personnel to operate the platform and adapt to unexpected circumstances.
- Architected, built, and maintained a live-streaming platform.
- Collaborated with the development team on performance improvement and cost optimization.
- Oversaw operations and advised on workflow efficiency.
- Took part in board meetings and decision-making.
- Hosted training sessions, lectures, and workshops related to streaming media.
- Developed and maintained media server applications, modules, and plugins.
- Oversaw media acquisition, encoding, storage, and delivery.
- Developed key front-end components and created a quick demo and proof-of-concept applications.
- Worked with QAs to isolate, replicate, and troubleshoot unusual issues.
- Evaluated and refined systems' quality of service continuously.
- Helped architect new products and advised on infrastructure scalability and cost-effectiveness.
- Stayed current with technology, evaluated new software and hardware, and suggested upgrades.
- Answered queries that required global platform vision from customers, sales, and support.
- Provided off-hours support for emergencies out of sysadmins' reach or understanding.
- Developed front-end applications on Adobe's Flash platform.
- Developed full-stack streaming and real-time applications on Adobe's Flash Media Server platforms.
- Conducted product testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Developed web and desktop applications on top of Adobe's Flash platform.
- Tested and deployed front-end software into production.
- Interacted with customers for feedback on product look and feel.
Live Streaming Platform with Copy Protectionhttps://github.com/nimigeanu/encrypted-hls-live-streaming
• HLS streaming with AES encryption and key rotation.
• Configurable for HTTP or HTTPS setups.
• Easily customizable to integrate with any CMS.
• Deploys instantly in AWS.
Autoscaling Low-latency Streaming Architecturehttps://github.com/nimigeanu/low-latency-streaming-architecture
• Royalty-free solution based on freeware Nimble Streamer.
• RTMP ingest broadcast with any capable software (i.e., OBS) or hardware (i.e., LiveU).
• All-AWS setup.
• Auto scales to accommodate any audience; tested against hundreds of thousands.
• WebSocket egress; secure WebSockets supported.
Peer-to-peer Assisted Live Streaming Platformhttps://github.com/nimigeanu/p2p-live-streaming-platform
Turnkey Live Streaming Platform with Recording and VODhttps://github.com/nimigeanu/turnkey-streaming-platform
Amazon CloudFront CDN, Wowza, JW Player, JWPlayer, SHOUTcast, AWS CloudFormation, AWS IAM, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Flash, Git, NGINX, Amazon ElastiCache, Apache JMeter, Radar, Terraform, Grafana
Real-time Messaging Protocol (RTMP), REST, Automation
Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Linux, MacOS, Windows, Heroku, Android TV, iOS, Android, AWS IoT, Google Cloud IoT Core, Windows Server
AWS Elemental, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis, Kurento Media Server, MySQL, Elasticsearch, AWS Elastic File System, MongoDB, Databases, Amazon DynamoDB
Streaming, WebSockets, IPTV, HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Video Encoding, Audio Streaming, Video Streaming, RTMP, JSON REST APIs, Video Processing, Autoscaling, Load Balancers, Over-the-top Content (OTT), Real-time Streaming, Media Source Extensions, Red5, HTML5 Video, Peer-to-peer Networking, Video Codecs, MPEG-DASH, RTSP, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), H.264, Scalability, Amazon Elastic Transcoder, LHLS, Low Latency, Architecture, Digital Rights Management (DRM), SSL, P2P, NFS, iOS Video, Roku, Xuggler, System Administration, Software, Hardware, Coding, Electronics, Economics, Robotics, Computer Science, Networking, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Neural Networks, Military Operations, Nimble, SRT, SLDP, Origin Edge, API Gateways, IIS
Video.js, Red5 Media Server, GStreamer, .NET, AngularJS, Redux
REST APIs, Socket.IO, Node.js, WebRTC, FFmpeg, Hls.js, DirectShow, Zencoder, Nginx-rtmp
NCO in Radiolocation
Military School of Applied Radiolocation - Ploiesti, Romania
Diploma of Engineering Degree in Computer Engineering
Technical University Gheorghe Asachi Iasi - Iasi, Romania