Freelance Web Developer2015 - PRESENTSelf-Employed
- Developed responsive websites for clients.
- Worked with clients to recommend appropriate hosting platforms and technology stacks.
- Provided technical support.
Help Center Associate2008 - 2010Hope College Department of Computer Science
Technologies: Java, Swing, Python, C#, SQL, C++, HTML
- Tutored computer science students in a variety of courses.
- Offered support on projects and homework assignments covering Java and many other technologies.
- Offered support with discrete mathematics and theoretical computer science.
Software Development Intern2009 - 2009LeanLogistics
Technologies: Java, JSP, SQL, Flex, PHP, JIRA
- Developed software and front- and back-ends of a SaaS web application for logistics management.
- Contributed to a wide range of assorted R&D projects.
- Worked with a large Agile development team using project management and bug tracking software.
- Researched and developed a proposal for a content management system for internal company use.
- Performed data analysis and manipulation over a large logistics dataset.
Software Developer/Researcher2007 - 2008Hope College Department of Computer Science
Technologies: Java, Swing, GWT
- Developed a user interface for teachers to quickly and easily input data about their educational assessments.
- Performed iterations of a mockup for usability design and testing.
- Wrote regression tests for desktop e-textbook software.
- Worked closely with small teams of developers.
- Presented research on the development of a database of educational assessments.