GitHub, Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Linux, Windows
The most amazing...
...project I've developed is the UI for a fully customizable video-on-demand set-top box built with web technologies.
Lead Full-stack Developer - Access Insights Manager (Contract)
- Led the complete development of a customer-facing analytics dashboard web app.
- Managed a small team of developers to achieve the customer's requirements within a short time-frame.
- Developed an interactive web application in TypeScript, React, and Redux for filtering and displaying analytics data.
- Designed and developed a back end in TypeScript and Node.js for fetching and serving analytic data, with a strong emphasis on security.
- Enforced good programming practices on the team and project, including proper unit tests, and type and Lint checking.
Senior React Engineer (Contract)
- Maintained and bug-fixed a React and TypeScript administrative web application for the management of video and audio assets.
- Improved and enforced stronger TypeScript typing in their web applications, including generating TypeScript types from GraphQL introspections.
- Assisted in the development of a new customer-facing React website that complimented the behavior of an existing mobile app.
- Authored research and development documents for performance improvements and architectural designs.
Full-stack Engineer (Contract)
- Developed a new React web application that utilized WebSockets for a mobile browser to control a second desktop browser display.
- Incrementally migrated an entire web backend framework from callbacks (Express) to a Promise-based architecture (Koa).
- Maintained and bug fixed the client's main React and Redux-based product.
Front-end Developer (Contract)
- Designed, prototyped, and developed two new value-added products for their customers.
- Maintained their flagship eCommerce solution for grocery stores.
- Designed and developed an interactive image flyer that allowed clients to upload their in-store flyer to their website — allowing customers to scroll through and select items/deals on the flyer to add to their cart.
- Built an embeddable widget system for external sites to display customer specific product information, price, and order buttons.
- Implemented the daily feature requests and bug fixes into the core eCommerce product as well as guiding and assisting with two major refactors.
Project Manager | Architect (Contract)
Guest-Tek Interactive Entertainment Ltd.
- Designed and documented several new products and features for their customers, while managing a small team of developers to implement and deploy these independent projects.
- Worked with executives and customers to gather requirements on new projects and features.
- Developed requirement specifications, design documents, cost/benefit analysis, and work estimates.
- Managed a team of software developers, QA testers, and production managers to build, test, and deploy new projects.
- Recommended and implemented several user interface enhancements to their core product.
- Worked on information security and user authentication/authorization enforcement across distributed systems.
- Ensured data retention compliance across multiple countries.
Senior Software Developer
Guest-Tek Interactive Entertainment Ltd.
- Solely developed and maintained the embedded web user interface software on four video-on-demand products running across seven different manufacturer set-top boxes.
- Solely developed an offline, single page, and customizable HTML5 web application that provided a user interface to TV services such as television and video-on-demand playback and content guides, local hotel information, and in-room automation control.
- Worked with overseas hardware manufacturers to help create custom set-top boxes for new clients.
- Collaborated with QA, onsite installers, and customers to help diagnose and fix problems.
- Researched and prototyped new technologies for the company—such as IP-over-QAM networking, digital signage, and wireless control of in-room devices.
Koa, Swagger, Redux, Jest, AngularJS, Mithril.js, PhoneGap, FeathersJS, Electron, Angular
Recompose, Node.js, Preact, Redux-Saga, React, jQuery, React Router, RADIUS, LeafletJS
Clubhouse, Webpack, Babel, Jira, GitHub, Git, Gulp, Stylus, Rollup, Trello, React Apollo, CVS
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Rapid Prototyping, Functional Programming, UX Design, UI Design
Docker, Linux, Windows, Azure, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
PostgreSQL, MySQL, CouchDB, MongoDB
Website Optimization, DOM, Semantic UI, Styled-components, Apollo, Chrome Extensions, WebSockets
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Manitoba - Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada