Lead Full-stack Developer - Access Insights Manager (Contract)2019 - 2019PayerSciences, LLC
- Led the complete development of a customer-facing analytics dashboard web app.
- Managed a small team of developers to achieve the customer's requirements within a short time-frame.
- Developed an interactive web application in TypeScript, React, and Redux for filtering and displaying analytics data.
- Designed and developed a back end in TypeScript and Node.js for fetching and serving analytic data, with a strong emphasis on security.
- Enforced good programming practices on the team and project, including proper unit tests, and type and Lint checking.
Senior React Engineer (Contract)2018 - 2018Dubsmash, Inc.
- Maintained and bug-fixed a React and TypeScript administrative web application for the management of video and audio assets.
- Improved and enforced stronger TypeScript typing in their web applications, including generating TypeScript types from GraphQL introspections.
- Assisted in the development of a new customer-facing React website that complimented the behavior of an existing mobile app.
- Authored research and development documents for performance improvements and architectural designs.
Full-stack Engineer (Contract)2017 - 2017ClassDojo, Inc.
- Developed a new React web application that utilized WebSockets for a mobile browser to control a second desktop browser display.
- Incrementally migrated an entire web backend framework from callbacks (Express) to a Promise-based architecture (Koa).
- Maintained and bug fixed the client's main React and Redux-based product.
Front-end Developer (Contract)2016 - 2017Unata, Inc.
- Designed, prototyped, and developed two new value-added products for their customers.
- Maintained their flagship eCommerce solution for grocery stores.
- Designed and developed an interactive image flyer that allowed clients to upload their in-store flyer to their website — allowing customers to scroll through and select items/deals on the flyer to add to their cart.
- Built an embeddable widget system for external sites to display customer specific product information, price, and order buttons.
- Implemented the daily feature requests and bug fixes into the core eCommerce product as well as guiding and assisting with two major refactors.
Project Manager | Architect (Contract)2013 - 2015Guest-Tek Interactive Entertainment Ltd.
- Designed and documented several new products and features for their customers, while managing a small team of developers to implement and deploy these independent projects.
- Worked with executives and customers to gather requirements on new projects and features.
- Developed requirement specifications, design documents, cost/benefit analysis, and work estimates.
- Managed a team of software developers, QA testers, and production managers to build, test, and deploy new projects.
- Recommended and implemented several user interface enhancements to their core product.
- Worked on information security and user authentication/authorization enforcement across distributed systems.
- Ensured data retention compliance across multiple countries.
Senior Software Developer2005 - 2012Guest-Tek Interactive Entertainment Ltd.
- Solely developed and maintained the embedded web user interface software on four video-on-demand products running across seven different manufacturer set-top boxes.
- Solely developed an offline, single page, and customizable HTML5 web application that provided a user interface to TV services such as television and video-on-demand playback and content guides, local hotel information, and in-room automation control.
- Worked with overseas hardware manufacturers to help create custom set-top boxes for new clients.
- Collaborated with QA, onsite installers, and customers to help diagnose and fix problems.
- Researched and prototyped new technologies for the company—such as IP-over-QAM networking, digital signage, and wireless control of in-room devices.