Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTFlatiron Health
Technologies: React, Python, C#
- To be announced.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2017OnDeck Capital
Technologies: Makefile, Git, Kibana, New Relic, SonarQube, Jenkins, Ansible, Vagrant, PostgreSQL, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Spring Boot, Spring, Play, JUnit, Java
- Promoted continuous delivery that involves a Jenkins build and deployment pipeline, an automated unit, integration, GUI (Selenium), and web service test frameworks as well as a code quality analyzer (SonarCube) to ensure the software can be reliably released at any time in short development cycles.
- Partitioned a monolithic application into standalone microservices that helps the company to scale products and adapt services easily, and enable faster and more agile development cycles with fully automated deployment processes.
- Develop a REST based micro-service report generator API using Java 8, Play! Framework, and PostgreSQL that automatically generates monthly statement report for all customers to track monthly loan payoff progress.
Full-Stack Software Engineer2013 - 2015theLadders.com
- Developed a dynamic single-page application with Backbone.js data-structuring and user interface primitives for the new public web sites.
- Promoted domain driven design, test driven development, unit tests,, and code reviews that often cut the amount of code in individual files in half as well as reduced defects.
- Contributed greatly to increase code quality and productivity through leadership and guidance in areas such as test/behavior driven development, refactoring, pair programming, and agile estimation and planning.
- Participated in rotational pager duty to provide on-call support including off-hours server administration and problem escalation.
Software Engineer2011 - 2013UBS Financial Services
- Developed a multi-tier scalable and maintainable trade forensic monitor tool that supports various financial products from browser-side technologies, server-side web application servers to a database storage system.
- Reduced the production troubleshooting time from days to minutes by implementing a dynamic generated sequence diagram using jQuery to illustrate the business activities throughout the life-cycle of a trade order across multiple tiers.
- Implemented an automated test engine integration; reduced time and memory to generate test cases by 60% by redesigning the recursive combination generator to iterative.
Teacher Assistant2009 - 2011Computer Science Department, Stony Brook University
- Worked for 2 years aiding courses like internet commerce programming, user interface development, and database management.
- Gave students more knowledge in the subject by bringing real life examples to help students understand the logical flow.
- Held TA sessions and office hours for helping students to prepare the exams and the software demonstrations.
IT Intern2010 - 2010UBS Financial Services
- Optimized Java Swing GUI response time by 200% by executing the long-running task in a separate thread and scaling the application to handle more tasks efficiently.
- Designed and implemented a web-based survey questionnaire using jQuery, PHP, and MySQL for the Desktop Transformation Windows 7 Migration Project that collects team’s application inventory for their job functions.
- Gave a tech talk presentation and introduced new advanced technology on Comet/Reverse Ajax at the UBS developer conference.
IT Software Developer2010 - 2010DFG Investment Advisers
- Created a scheduler to collect financial data and reports for daily business operations from multiple web RESTful API in XML, JSON, and CSV format.
- Implemented and maintained a flexible, automated browser based test by using real time data from database and WATIN which operates by simulating a browser.