Full-stack Developer2019 - PRESENTSupport.com
- Implemented new features for supporting a new business model.
- Integrated Prerender.io into the AWS stack for the React app.
CTO, Co-founder2018 - PRESENTNexedu
Technologies: Node.js, Express, MongoDB, Angular, NativeScript, Firebase, Redis
- Defined architecture.
- Implemented critical functionality.
- Conducted technical interviews.
- Mentored junior developers.
- Participated in the business path for the application.
- Aligned technical backlog to meet business needs.
Founder2015 - PRESENTEl Facturero
Technologies: MEAN stack
- Defined the whole architecture stack.
- Analyzed requirements and defined the product backlog.
- Designed and implemented the end-to-end solution.
Full-stack Developer2016 - 2019Unreel.co (via Toptal)
Technologies: AngularJS, Node.js, Express, MongoDB, Stripe, PayPal
- Implemented business logic and UI components according to the definitions of the PO.
- Redesigned the payment layer, migrating from a Braintree focused implementation to a more flexible one, processing payments through Stripe, PayPal, Google Play, iTunes and Roku.
Full-stack Developer2016 - 2016Monthly Treasure (via Toptal)
Technologies: Node.js, Mongoose, MongoDB, React Native, PostgreSQL
- Implemented business logic exposed through REST services that were consumed by a React Native app.
- Integrated the app with Stripe for collecting payments.
Senior Full-stack Engineer2014 - 2014Fiestah (via Toptal)
Technologies: Node.js, Express, Angular, MongoDB
- Implemented new functionality to allow non-registered users to make payments throw the platform.
- Migrated several existing pages to a single-page application using Angular.
- Adapted the back-end application and data model for new feature requirements.
Software Architect2012 - 2014Arris
Technologies: Java, Spring, Hazelcast, JPA, JBPM, Node.js, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Implemented a continuous deployment strategy for applications, running automatic integration tests upon successful builds and deployments.
- Defined the architecture of new features.
- Outlined the product backlog and roadmap for the implementation of new features.
- Mentored junior devs.
- Conducted technical interviews for new candidates.
Software Architect2012 - 2013Motorola Mobility
Technologies: Java, Spring, Hibernate, MyBatis, Maven, Oracle
- Provided technical assistance and mentoring to development teams.
- Refactored main architectural layers in a legacy application in order to improve design and maintainability.
- Defined architecture for new features.
Technical Lead2010 - 2012Band of Coders
Technologies: Java, Spring, Maven, Node.js, Membase, Memcached
- Defined and executed load tests, profiling the application.
- Migrated a Java back end to Node.js, comparing efficiency via the same set of load tests.
- Implemented TDD and extensive unit-test coverage.
- Integrated applications in different languages such as Unity3D, Flash, Java, and Node.js.
- Built several proofs of concept in order to evaluate the most suitable technologies for the project's needs.
Technical Lead2007 - 2010OSDE
Technologies: Java, Spring, CXF, REST, Hibernate, Drools, SOA, OSWorkflow
- Translated functional requirements into formal requirements and tracked them in user stories.
- Evaluated technologies for meeting the expectations of a distributed business rules engine.
- Participated actively in the definition and migration of a majority of the company's applications to a service-oriented architecture.
Software Developer2006 - 2006Citibank
Technologies: Java, Struts, Quartz, Oracle, SVN
- Supported production in Latin America.
- Fixed bugs and corrected critical errors with short resolution times.
- Maintained an extremely close interaction with final users.
Software Developer2005 - 2006Cubika
Technologies: Java, OSWorkflow, Spring, Quartz, EJB
- Improved and redesigned a proprietary CMS.
- Developed rich internet applications with a proprietary framework.
Software Developer2004 - 2005Soft Systems
Technologies: VB6, TransactSQL, MS SQL Server
- Analyzed, designed, and implemented desktop and client-server applications.
Web Developer2003 - 2004Red-Banca
- Developed and maintained the company website.