DevOps Engineer2019 - PRESENTInovitLabs
Technologies: GCP, AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Helm, Python, CircleCI, Terraform, Ansible, Consul, Elasticsearch, Redis,
- Conducted optimization to reduce the cost of the production cluster by 50%.
- Designed and implemented the architecture for a disaster recovery cluster.
- Managed and supported the microservice architecture based deployment on multiple cloud providers.
Senior Developer | Team Lead2017 - 2019Booking.com
Technologies: Java, Perl, Hadoop, MySQL, Big Data, Hive, Spark, Oozie, Druid, AWS, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, JUnit, Git, JPA, SQL
- Led the general data protection regulation (GDPR) efforts for the customer service (CS) and tech/product departments.
- Identified challenges within the department and later worked with the product team in tackling them.
- Spearheaded data ownership and management within the department.
- Acted as the big data ambassador for the entire customer service department and coordinated the set up of a big data community within the customer service (CS) department.
- Supported and answered all data infrastructure related questions and topics.
- Guided different teams in the builds of reliable data pipelines.
- Evaluated possible solutions to replace Red Box recorders for voice tracks.
- Introduced Druid as a real-time OLAP engine to the department.
- Provided technical and commercial direction to team.
- Mentored team members in their craft and soft skills.
Development Team lead2013 - 2017Booking.com
Technologies: Perl, Hive, Hadoop, SQL
- Managed the rollout of 2.0 version of Ticketing, a system where agents logged in their work.
- Took over the role of product owner for a while and led to the project of Ticketing.
- Facilitated a close collaboration between the agent routing and the Ticketing teams.
- Built a bridge between the analyst community and the developer who generated data for the CS department.
- Restructured the process of doing regular one-on-one meetings with team members.
- Headed the agent's workshop around Ticketing's phase 2.0 in order to understand how they used new flows.
- Automated many simple procedures followed by CS executives to speed up the issue handling.
- Worked with the CS forecasting team to build better forecasting models.
- Created a real-time data ticketing pipeline in Kafka to be consumed by an analyst and a data scientist.
- Explored Druid as a platform for a real-time ad-hoc analysis of CS data.
- Introduced Druid technology for a machine-learning-scaling track.
- Granted access to the open source community a Perl plugin for Druid.
- Facilitated the Druid adoption in the company while working with a business reporting team to get them started with Druid.
- Developed a CS inbound driver insightsdashboard in Druid.
- Was awarded a "Bloody Helpful" award within the CS department for three consecutive quarters.
Back-end Developer2012 - 2013eBuddy.com (Amsterdam)
Technologies: Java, MySQL, Spring, Mockito, JUnit, Jenkins, Hibernate, Servlet
- Developed an eBuddy XMS internet scale mobile messaging platform.
- Worked as part of a cross-functional Agile team, developing all aspects of the product.
- Researched upon various solution possibilities to a problem and then implemented it.
Senior Consultant2011 - 2012Xebia (Amsterdam)
Technologies: Java, Atlassian, Jira
- Conducted requirement gathering and interacted with the users.
- Developed custom Atlassian plugins in Jira/Confluence for team’s specific requirements.
- Consulted on Agile tool selection to help the product and operations teams get aligned with Scrum and Kanban.
- Advised and helped the sales and marketing teams to move their workflow management in Jira.
- Created and implemented upgrades and rollout plans for various Atlassian products.
- Evangelized various teams, in Gumtree (Australia), Kijiji (Italy), and Mobile.de (Germany), into using ECG’s Atlassian tool ecosystem.
Consultant | Scrum Master2009 - 2011Xebia (India)
Technologies: Java, JUnit, Spring, Spring Integration, SQL, Hibernate, Git, Servlet
- Built the back end, handling all of the data and enrichment processes.
- Designed and implemented user stories.
- Wrote unit and functional tests.
- Contributed to the planning, iteration kickoffs, and retrospectives.
- Coordinated the backlog creation and regular prioritization of stories in the backlog with the product owner.
Senior Developer2007 - 2009GlobalLogic
Technologies: Java, Seam, SQL, JUnit, JPA, Tomcat
- Contributed to the creation of the entire Acteva application (three modules) on a J2EE stack which eventually replaced the old Acteva ColdFusion-based application.
- Developed a class module which included concepts such as instructor, training venue, and attachments.
- Built a report module for the generation of money-related event reports and the list of attendees.
- Created a refund module which handled the entire refund request made by the attendees of the event.
Developer2006 - 2007GlobalLogic
Technologies: Java, Seam, SQL, JUnit, JPA, Tomcat
- Developed a reporting module for the transactional database of OpenAds.
- Built a generic report module for generating basic reports based on filters and parameters.
- Developed a forecasting module which included revenue and revenue forecasting of their campaigns.
- Created a module for generating unique user reports and CPM (cost per million) campaign tracker reports.