Verified Expert in Engineering
Cybersecurity and DevOps Developer
Gaya is a cybersecurity expert who loves finding cracks in company security and creating powerful solutions to fill them. With numerous global CTF (capture the flag) competitions under her belt, Gaya excels in vulnerability management, cloud security, incident response, security awareness, and security risk management (PCI/DSS, ISO 27001, CMMC). Gaya is well versed with Qualys, Rapid7, Nessus, Splunk, Carbon Black, SentinelOne, Azure Sentinel, Azure cloud tools, and those in Kali Linux.
Windows, Linux, Kali Linux
The most amazing...
...global CTF (capture the flag) competition I won defeating one of the top 20 universities was for exemplary manual and automated testing.
- Involved in the Cloud Security project including the process building and use case development.
- Engaged primarily in vulnerability management and PCI DSS.
- Oversaw incident management and handling, contributing to the entire process.
- Acted as the main security point-of-contact responsible for 100+ end user security including risk management and vulnerability identifications.
- Contributed as a key member of the research and development team for internal tools.
- Handled application-level security and OS level hardening.
- Managed shared (cPanel/Plesk ), dedicated, Cloud (AWS, Rackspace), and VPS web hosting in Linux and Windows.
- Oversaw Open source/ModSecurity-based research and development.
- Managed log monitoring and maintenance, including incident handling.
Technical Support Analyst
- Contributed as a key member of the initial PCI-DSS project and process improvements.
- Provided technical support and security checks for end users including troubleshooting.
- Created process improvements for log and monitoring the systems.
Trainee Network Security Engineer
- Structured cabling and fiber optic cabling in a major project.
- Delivered a cost benefit analysis proposal and configuration of Cisco Identity Search Engine and rule management.
- Researched and developed the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) using Cisco Identity Search Engine.
Risk Assessment and Vulnerability Management
Main responsibilities included consultancy, vulnerability and risk management, incident management, asset management, IAM, project planning, and tool selections.
Global Hack - Hackathon 2020https://devpost.com/software/muvi-mobile-uv-innovations-pty-ltd
My team participated in one of the tracks (with the most submissions) winning third place.
• I did not know anybody in my team so it was a very quick adoption within the 48 hours to work towards a common goal.
• It was an intense 48 hours of hard work, but passion and a great to-do attitude lead us to victory.
• We received a monetary price and it was purely dedicated for the continuation of the project.
• I acted in the project management and business consultation side apart from my specialty.
We won first place defeating one of the top 20 universities in the world (name will not be disclosed due to security issues).
Cybersecurity, Project Management
Vulnerability Management, Security, Incident Management, PCI DSS, Consulting, Technical Support, IT Security, IT Consulting, Compliance, Risk Assessment, Research, IT Audits, Office 365, IT Support, CompTIA, Cloud Security, Microsoft 365, Ethical Hacking, Digital Forensics, Virtualization, Linux Servers, Firewalls, Web Security, VMware ESXi, ModSecurity, Business Process Analysis, Incident Response, Security Design, System Administration
Azure, Kali Linux, Windows Server
Azure Active Directory
Master's Degree in Cybersecurity
TTU - Estonia
Security Operations Analyst
MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration
AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies
Exam AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
Nexpose Certified Administrator
Certified Ethical Hacker
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring