Verified Expert in Engineering
Windows Deployment Developer
Geirman is a highly motivated IT professional with a decade of experience specializing in Azure architecture and solutions. In addition to an intensive background in corporate cloud infrastructure integration, he has experience in project management and enterprise application deployment in high-power and cloud computing environments. His expertise is backed by advanced degrees in corporate finance, business administration, and computer science.
Azure, Azure IaaS, Windows Server, Azure Landing Zones, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Azure Government, Azure Virtual Machines, Security, Continuous Integration (CI)
The most amazing...
...projects I've done were cloud computing integrations and migrating and deploying public, private corporate cloud, and US government enterprise solutions.
Senior Azure HPC Cloud Architect
- Configured and deployed a POC Azure HPC ITAR Government (Gov.) Cloud environment, including an HPC cluster and network configuration for the Azure Gov. Cloud subscription.
- Determined and finalized a list of implemented technologies for Ansys HPC Gov. Cloud and confirmed the Impact Level 5 (IL5) US government security compliance, including FedRAMP and NIST 800-53, with ITAR and GCC High.
- Interviewed and gathered HPC infrastructure details from Ansys organizational units, team members, and IT specialists on component configurations and workflow processes for on-premise and Azure Cloud HPC clusters, a network, and storage.
- Produced assessment and discovery reports for on-premise and Azure HPC ITAR Gov. Cloud environments. Generated detailed documents and questionnaires. Created Azure HPC ITAR Gov. Cloud principles, functional diagrams, and flow charts.
- Outlined ITAR compliance guidelines for Ansys HPC data transfer called "data at transit" and "data at rest" storage, HPC InfiniBand network segmentation, and security settings.
Azure Architect and Implementation Consultant
- Participated in implementing Azure Commercial and Government landing zone deployment environments.
- Created, modified, and adjusted SOWs and conceptual designs for Azure Commercial and Government deployments.
- Developed an Azure Government landing zone blueprint, documentation, and diagrams based on the SOW to meet the client's requirements and needs.
- Conducted POCs for DevOps CI/CD pipelines in Azure Corporate and Government implementations. Configured a DevOps CI/CD pipeline, releases, tasks, and a test plan for an AKS cluster.
- Created, ran, and modified Cloud Shell Batch scripts for DevOps CI/CD pipeline settings and AKS cluster environments. Generated DevOps CI/CD setup documentation and presentation materials.
- Configured, executed, and monitored an Azure VM migration process from an on-premise data center environment to Azure Commercial and Government environments by using Azure migration tools.
Azure Architect and Configuration Consultant
Humana Government Business (Vendor)
- Outlined, designed, and implemented Azure Government secure solutions, such as IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS, for Humana Government Business applications and functions based on US government standards and regulations for the health insurance industry.
- Designed and implemented Azure Government solutions for IT functions such as data governance, SQL databases, and analytical services. Presented Azure diagrams, roadmaps, and blueprints. Outlined Azure Government subscription capabilities.
- Provided price estimates for new Azure Government items and features based on desired configurations, capabilities, contract terms, and settings.
Senior Azure IFS Application Deployment Consultant and Architect
- Managed a deployment process for an Azure platform as a service (PaaS) implementation, including Azure resource infrastructure, virtual machines, and databases. Migrated Azure Commercial to US Government cloud environment standards and regulations.
- Configured a setting for IFS Applications. Installed Oracle Database and templates. Configured Windows Server prerequisite settings, Oracle Database, and IFS home components and modules.
- Conducted pre- and post-IFS Applications 9 and 10 configuration checks. Provided new IFS Applications 9 and 10 deployment and updates. Oversaw change management, service, and incident requests for the Azure platform.
- Conducted Azure patching and updates. Resized the Azure virtual machine hard disk drive (HDD). Updated subscription plan basics for Windows 2019, 2016, and 2012 Server configuration. Performed troubleshooting and application support management.
- Monitored and managed open, outstanding, and resolved incidents. Worked on change management and server request tickets. Participated in and oversaw the implantation of ITAR government regulations and compliance.
Senior Cloud HPC Integration Architect
Swiss Re (Vendor)
- Managed the integration of a cloud-based, high-power computing (HPC) solution within a POC of an Azure PaaS solution for a risk agility financial modeling application to enhance calculations for life and health insurance products and services.
- Created and configured head and compute VM Server 2016 nodes according to specifications. Configured Windows Server 2016 VM settings, such as CPU, RAM, HDD, storage, backup, and network.
- Conducted HPC 2016 updates, managed Azure and private cloud HPC cluster groups and user accounts, troubleshot HPC node setups and connections, and evaluated and investigated node configurations.
- Monitored and managed high availability of 300 PCs on data center premises for actuarial cost and pricing of life and health insurance products, including application modeling and medical analytics.
- Managed replacing, rebooting, and processing high-availability objectives for data center computing PCs by monitoring availability, opening troubleshooting tickets, and handling hardware update requests.
- Provided customer and configurational support for PROD Farm's PC environment.
- Assisted in deploying life and health insurance modeling products and applications, such as AXIS, SAS, RAFM, and Unify.
Senior Corporate Azure Cloud Infrastructure Architect
Hussmann | Panasonic (Vendor)
- Managed corporate cloud Azure PaaS solutions. Configured a new VM server according to specifications. Deployed Azure Storage, Microsoft SQL Server, an IP address firewall, and security settings.
- Conducted Windows Server VM product updates and security patches. Provided technical support for cloud solutions for software, products, and applications as services.
- Created and configured new items in a resource group and managed the Azure corporate subscription.
- Implemented core Windows Server 2012 R2 and SQL database settings. Configured new Windows Server roles, feature and cluster failovers, Windows STD-B storage management, Windows Servers, database backups, and recovery settings.
- Orchestrated the process for incoming change management requests for on-premise and cloud platform solutions. Documented, processed, and executed change, server, and incident requests.
- Managed support and settings for corporate SCCM capabilities, software distribution and operating system deployments, distribution point configuration, and computer management.
Technical Project Manager
- Managed the data classification evaluation process for the data acquisition platform used by the Microsoft Online operations BI team. Met group and corporate data compliance policies and procedures based on the level of security and business impact.
- Managed and defined the data retention policy for the data acquisition platform (DAP), which covers 85 databases, based on group and corporate data compliance policies and storing procedures. Maintained optimum performance for the DAP database.
- Conducted technical assessments and data acquisition synchronization with the DAP architect and principals.
- Managed meeting agendas, topics, schedules, and attendees. Participated in group meetings and technical discussions and established reporting practices.
- Conducted data retention assessments on data requestors and data source requirements. Executed T-SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Implemented DAP database user surveys. Evaluated Microsoft operations DAP database tables and columns for data classification and retention.
Windows Platform Administration
- Configured Windows Server 2012 and R2 Virtual Server with Hyper-V Manager for VM production and test environments.
- Provided technical support and troubleshooting assistance for Windows 2012 Hyper-V updating of group policies, computer components, and accounts.
- Handled tickets and change requests, upgraded production, and testing infrastructure, conducted installation on the Windows platform and applications, and executed Windows upgrades and monthly security patching.
- Conducted Windows VM imaging for vulnerability and risk assessment analysis. Troubleshot configuration and installation issues and warnings for Windows and SQL Server environments.
HPC Windows Platform Architect and Administrator
Royal Dutch Shell (Vendor)
- Provided high-availability and high-performance Microsoft HPC for the Shell HPC service R&D team, including proper clusters, database configurations, and settings.
- Analyzed and scheduled jobs for R&D applications. Monitored cluster nodes and database health and performance. Conducted product and security updates. Evaluated and investigated suspicious activities and addressed issues in a timely manner.
- Owned the core HPC 2008 R2 Server and SQL database settings. Configured new Windows Server roles and features with application server and failover cluster configurations.
- Conducted a detailed risk management assessment, security compliance evaluation, and vulnerability analysis for HPC according to corporate information risk management policies and guidelines.
- Implemented Microsoft HPC change management updates to open, process, and validate CM requests for new roles, feature changes, products, patching, users, and service password changes.
- Managed HPC cluster nodes and assigned new IP addresses and DNS server settings using the Windows PowerShell automated scripting language.
Cloud Infrastructure Management
- Managed preparation, testing, and hosting for new Microsoft product workshops on cloud computing. Coordinated the workshop release process and scheduling with Microsoft external and internal partners, project management, and field engineer teams.
- Provided status updates on new workshop releases, managed the ASD team SQL database, and executed T-SQL queries.
- Conducted workshop presentations for various Microsoft products within Windows Server, SQL Server, System Center, SharePoint, and Windows Datacenter Server for European markets.
- Executed Windows upgrades and monthly security patching. Conducted Windows VM imaging for vulnerability risk assessment analysis.
- Troubleshot configuration, installation issues, and warnings for Windows and SQL Server environments. Updated group policies, computer components, accounts, and user profiles.
Data Center Deployment Management
- Managed and monitored the automated process for installing and configuring Windows 2012 R2 Datacenter VM images using System Center Orchestrator 2012 and Opalis.
- Investigated and troubleshot the Windows Server Datacenter automated installation process and failures. Analyzed Windows Datacenter logins and browsing network data for risk management and security enhancement.
- Wrote, modified, and altered automated configuration script workflows for System Center Orchestrator 2012 using C# and Windows PowerShell.
- Participated in daily groups meeting to ensure the highest level of data center functionality and operability.
System Infrastructure Management
- Managed and executed manual and automated security updates for a production and pre-production Office 365 Windows Server authentication environment. Managed the process of writing and modifying automated Windows PowerShell and MSN patch scripts.
- Managed, verified, and processed Office 365 Partner requests for Forbidden Word List (FWL) exceptions. Conducted server and service account password resets for the Org ID and Teams database.
- Conducted the process of writing manuals, automated instructions, and standard operating procedures. Implemented SQL Server security patches and updates.
Azure Landing Zone Configuration and Deployment at Ensono
Also, I evaluated and reviewed the footprints used in infrastructure settings, created detailed migration plans, including stages, rollover, and backup recovery plans, and oversaw the change management process and requests, including presenting them to the management team and facilitating the approval process.
Finally, I outlined, developed, and produced new and existing implementation steps, written operating procedures and instructions, and policies and standards according to Microsoft best practices.
Azure Integration for Humana Government Business
I worked with four different teams at Humana Government Business, including SQL Server, data warehouse, data analytics, and Azure governance teams. We worked on assessing and evaluating IT infrastructure, database structure, application functions, and services to design and present workable migration solutions based on Azure migration best practices.
My responsibilities included:
• Creating roadmaps, diagrams, and virtual PowerPoint presentations for implementation and step-by-step deployment of an Azure infrastructure and service solution.
• Presenting diagrams, blueprints, roadmaps, and naming conversion details for deploying Azure solutions to VMs, databases, storage, and resource group structures.
• Presenting, implementing, and deploying a POC for workable, highly available, and scalable application solutions.
• Creating automation using ARM templates, Terraform, runbooks, and blueprints.
• Configuring artifacts with Azure Automation accounts.
• Writing implementation documents and step-by-step configuration instructions for databases, VMs, SQL Server data services, data lakes, and analytical services.
• Modeling and calculating implementation cost and analyses.
Azure ITAR Government Cloud Integration for IFS Applications and Services
I worked with the Hyderabad Virtusa Azure team of 34 members and the internal database team of seven people to implement an Azure Government migration plan to move over 200 VMs of different Virtusa clients within an ITAR-compliant Azure Government environment.
My responsibilities included:
• Leading and facilitating an Azure implementation process by outlining timelines and deliverables.
• Collaborating with internal and external partners and various team members to implement and coordinate migration processes to Azure Government.
• Creating migration plans with different phases of implementation, migration of standard operating procedures (SOPs), and step-by-step IFS Application installation instructions and procedures.
• Using Azure configuration and installation procedures, instructions, migration, recovery tools, and settings.
• Managing VM structures, IFS Applications, services, and templates, Oracle Database, and SOP configuration settings and steps.
• Leading and participating in IFS updates, new rollovers, and installation processes in production and staging environments.
HPC Cloud Integration for Swiss Re Private Insurance
I collaborated with two internal Swiss Re teams, including four people in London, England, and twelve in Geneva, Switzerland. We focused on configuration and deployment efforts for staging a Microsoft HPC server solution in a private cloud environment to accommodate SAS application integration for life insurance product quotes related to natural disasters, climate change assessments, and aging population estimations.
My responsibilities included:
• Providing HPC cloud migration and configuration instructions and implementation, rollback, backup, and disaster recovery plans and metrics.
• Providing a detailed plan for an HPC, highly available, and interactive application solution as a POC for migrating from on-premise data centers to Azure.
• Outlining and presenting deliverables, timelines, and blueprints for an HPC cloud migration execution and deployment process.
• Creating migration SOPs and step-by-step instructions using a private HPC migration process and established procedures.
• Monitoring data leak prevention measurements to comply with European privacy regulations.
Azure Cloud Configuration and Windows Platform Management for Hussmann
I worked with internal teams in different geographic areas, including New Zealand, Mexico, Canada, and the United States, to implement the migration process from on-premise Windows Datacenters to Azure.
My responsibilities included:
• Providing detailed plans, deliverables, and timelines for executing and deploying an on-premise to Azure migration.
• Leading and executing the deployment plan with other team members for the application and data migration from on-premise to Azure infrastructure.
• Configuring and implementing Windows infrastructure clusters to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) regulations by creating a separation of responsibilities for managing on-premise Windows infrastructure and Azure environments.
• Managing infrastructure and implementation solutions by deploying service, incident, and change management requests and approval processes.
• Overseeing the overall Azure migration process.
• Configuring VMs and databases and installing applications and components.
• Managing a go-live Azure implementation progress.
• Creating a POC migration plan from on-premise data centers to Azure.
HPC Windows Platform Integration and Management for Royal Dutch Shell
Shell is a Dutch-British multinational oil and gas company headquartered in the Hague, Netherlands. I worked with the Shell HPC services R&D team to integrate and manage an HPC platform and configure HPC clusters and databases.
My responsibilities included:
• Analyzing and scheduling jobs for R&D applications.
• Monitoring cluster nodes and database health and performance.
• Implementing product and security updates and core Microsoft HPC 2008 R2 Server and SQL Database settings.
• Configuring new Windows Server roles and features with the application server and failover configurations, Windows STD-B storage management, HPC server, database backups, recovery settings, database mirroring and always-on configuration, migration, remove-management setting, Hyper-V and database virtual imaging, DNS server and network policies, and Telnet and remote administration tools.
• Conducting HPC change management updates with opening products, patching, users, service password changes, renaming, relocating HPC cluster nodes, assigning new IP addresses, and DNS server settings using the Windows PowerShell automated scripting language.
Azure, Azure IaaS, Azure PaaS, Windows Server, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012
Windows Deployment, Azure Virtual Machines, Programming, IT Infrastructure, Cloud Infrastructure, International Finance, Migration, Azure Landing Zones, Backup & Recovery, Data Encryption, Policies & Procedures Compliance, Batch Scripting, CI/CD Pipelines, Hub-and-spoke Networking, Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Data Migration, Clustering, Load Balancers, Networking, Corporate Finance, Node Clusters, Failover Solutions, Cloud Migration, Azure Containers, High-availability Clusters, Complex Subscription Management, Cisco Networking, SAP FICO, Information Systems, Azure Government, Private Clouds, Data Retention, Office 365, Data Acquisition, Data Management, Azure VDI, Government
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Azure Network Security Groups, Hyper-V, Terraform
Management, Database Design, Azure DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI)
Azure Active Directory, Data Centers
PhD in Economics of Information Systems
International Academy of Management - Moscow, Russia
Master's Degree in Corporate Finance and Investment
University of Illinois - Champaign-Urbana, IL, USA
Associate Degree in Computer Programming and Infrastructure Integration
Cascadia College - Bothell, WA, USA
Master's Degree in International Finance and Management
Higher Commercial Management School - Moscow, Russia
Master's Degree in Government Studies and Management
Moscow History and Archiver Institute - Moscow, Russia
SAP FICO R/3
Cisco in Class test