Lead Software Engineer2013 - PRESENTTec-Masters, Inc.
Technologies: Linux, C, C++, MATLAB, UML, TDD, Git, Jira, Bitbucket
- Deployed a new development process that focused on test-driven development (TDD) and automated unit testing, significantly increasing test coverage, and reducing regression rates.
- Updated the configuration management process to use better-integrated tools, such as Jira and Bitbucket, and increase automation of software packaging and deployment.
- Led a team to design and implement a real-time application to merge simulated radar data with live radar data to facilitate conducting exercises and training in the field with US Army soldiers.
- Led a team to design and implement a real-time application to record high-speed radar data for verification and analysis.
- Led a major development effort to re-architect our radar signal injection application to better utilize the memory architecture and instruction sets of modern x86-64 server hardware, leading to a 10-15x improvement in application throughput.
- Reverse engineered the signal injection algorithms and wrote white papers to document the algorithm designs, references, and assumptions for future developers.
- Conducted peer reviews on code submissions and provided critical feedback to mentor and train younger developers.
Software Engineer2006 - 2013Tec-Masters, Inc.
Technologies: Linux, IRIX, Ada, C, C++, MATLAB
- Developed an application to inject simulated target scenes into the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) radar system.
- Ported the signal injection software from a legacy SGI MIPS architecture running the IRIX operating system to a modern x86-64 architecture running Red Hat Linux.
- Automated the analysis for software requirements verification using Linux scripting languages, reducing the verification timeline from over three months down to two weeks.
- Replaced a legacy, paper-based configuration management process with a new process using modern tools, notably Git and Bugzilla.
Junior Computer Operator2004 - 2006Tec-Masters, Inc
Technologies: Java Server Pages (JSP), Java, Oracle, SQL
- Developed JSP applications to dynamically explore the equipment health of UH-60 Blackhawk helicopters.
- Developed Java servlets to batch process UH-60 health data overnight.
- Designed an Oracle database schema to store report results.
- Implemented new health processing algorithms designed by the engineering team to facilitate evaluation and discussion.