Principal Engineer2018 - PRESENTKyokan
- Designed and implemented a Plasma extension for Ethereum blockchain. The project is supported by funding from Ethereum Foundation.
- Reduced risk by using Pederson commitment to prevent the operator from gaining information about transactions' values.
- Removed the linearizable requirement for a distributed system by designing inclusion proof based on cryptographic accumulators.
- Reduced the memory usage from linear to logarithmic by incrementally building block Merkle tree.
- Fixed several concurrency bugs.
Software Engineer (Contract)2018 - PRESENTiStreamPlanet
Technologies: Golang, MongoDB, GRPC, AWS SQS
- Designed and implemented a content metadata processor microservice.
- Reduced the response time and increased the throughput by using write-through caching.
- Implemented a directed acyclic graph structure using continued fractions encoding for MongoDB collections.
Cloud Architect (Contract)2014 - 2017Disney
- Designed and implemented a workflow for creating cloud accounts configured following security requirements.
- Added support for OAuth2 and SAML for authentication/identity.
- Implemented a security auditor functionality for AWS and Google cloud accounts.
- Added support for an access control model for private/public cloud.
- Implemented SQS message de-duplication using a distributed Bloom filter.
Team Lead (Contract)2012 - 2014Disney
Technologies: Java, Spring, SQL Server
- Led a team of consultants in designing and implementing server-side functionality for Disney Identity.
- Created scrum stories from the business analysts’ requirements.
- Designed and implemented an integration with Facebook, Google+, PlayStation Network, and Xbox Live for Disney Identity.
- Implemented SSO support for Disney Identity.
- Added support for a rule engine used to evaluate country- and region-specific business logic. Implemented test and deployment methods for the business rules.
- Simplified the configuration management by writing a parser that extended JSON—allowing inheritance and marking fields required.
Senior Engineer2009 - 2012Linden Lab
Technologies: Python, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Proposed, designed, and implemented a central authentication service using Python with Cassandra for session storage.
- Analyzed OpenID and OAuth2 protocols to determine which NoSQL solution to use for session storage.
- Managed the process of migrating all the Second Life websites to using the OpenID protocol for authentication.
- Designed and implemented the backup strategy for a Cassandra cluster.
- Designed and implemented a Cassandra cluster with Bootstrap using a dynamic DNS.
Software Engineer2003 - 2009Amazon
Technologies: C++, Java, Erlang, MySQL, Oracle
- Designed and implemented a financial engine used for calculating the order total with discounts, taxes, and shipping charges for the US and international destinations.
- Improved a solution for detecting unauthorized changes on production servers for Sarbanes-Oxley related systems. The system detected file system changes and reconciling them for more than 2,000 production servers using five hosts.
- Designed and implemented a large-scale, fault-tolerant authorization system that complies with and extends ANSI's RBAC standard.
- Proposed and implemented role-based access control (RBAC) as an authorization model that would allow the company to reach sustainable Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Initiated a study group for design patterns and distributed systems.