Verified Expert in Engineering
George has ten years of full-stack engineering experience at companies of different sizes. He has worked at large companies like Amazon and small startups in San Francisco. He has the ability to work on both small and large teams as a leader and a team member. George worked recently with blockchain, crypto, and non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
Xcode, IntelliJ IDEA, Git, Vim Text Editor, Unix, Linux, MacOS
The most amazing...
...web app I created was a business tool to define organizational priorities and guides users through the process of allocating resources to different projects.
Senior Web3 Engineer
- Implemented core features on an Ethereum wallet built as a Chrome extension in Svelte.
- Collected events and analyzed user behavior to recommend new features and optimizations to enable the team to meet KPIs in a methodical data-based approach.
- Integrated back-end and front-end code with external blockchain services such Alchemy, CoinMarketCap, and Loopring.
Lead Full-stack Engineer
- Evolved into a core technical leadership position by mentoring younger developers, helping guide product and technical roadmap, and developing key software architecture.
- Developed an eCommerce experience handling Ethereum and credit card purchases and scaled it to handle 20,000 concurrent users making 10,000 purchases in ten minutes.
- Architected and led the Greenfield technical implementation of an interactive marketplace browsing experience using Django, React, GraphQL, and Elasticsearch.
- Wrote and reviewed the Solidity code to support ERC-721 (NFT) token contracts and helped create off-chain infrastructure to monitor and synchronize on-chain events with website and database.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Worked directly with the Center of Medicaid & Medicaid Services and implemented our Enhanced Direct Enrollment API connection in Rails, allowing HealthSherpa to become the first approved partner to launch EDE.
- Ingested public data sets to create a searchable Elasticsearch database of doctors in the United States.
- Actively participated in product analysis and decision making while implementing various features across the stack using Ruby on Rails and React.
Lead Software Engineer
Pyramid Consulting International
- Created a single page application (SPA) using React with a GraphQL back end. The application is a business tool to help organizations with their strategic planning and the resource allocation process.
- Utilized a GraphQL service called Graphcool as the back end for the React app, after analyzing both Parse and Firebase alternatives.
- Implemented an authentication system by integrating Auth0 with Graphcool in order to create a secure authentication strategy that is easily extensible to enterprise and social authentication methods.
- Implemented end-to-end and UI testing using UseTrace. This allows the app to be automatically tested as if a user is interacting with the DOM.
Chief Technology Officer/Co-founder
- Created an eCommerce platform using the Laravel PHP framework. The eCommerce platform is geared towards businesses and distributors selling their goods at wholesale to retailers and other distributors.
- Applied and accepted to 500 Startups Batch 18. Learned marketing and sales strategies geared towards startups.
- Managed a remote team of developers tasked with implementing new features and fixing bugs in the product.
- Actively involved in sales and marketing at the company. During the 4 months at 500 Startups MRR increased by 250% while active customers increased by 300%.
Full-stack Software Engineer
- Implemented new features and fixed bugs on the Ember front-end.
- Supported the back-end REST API that was built on top of Ruby on Rails, SideKiq, and both MySQL and Cassandra databases.
- Implemented features on top of REST APIs for the advertising platforms for Adwords, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Bing.
Full-stack Software Engineer
The Advisory Board Company
- Supported an enterprise healthcare management application built on top of the Django framework.
- Created unit tests for areas of the code base with low test coverage in order to bring up the coverage to 85%.
- Contributed to weekly sprint and daily standup meetings in order to help our team adhere to our Agile process.
- Collaborated with in house designers to plan and implement user facing features in the most user friendly manner.
Chief Technology Office/Co-founder
Waverly Place Productions
- Created a mobile application for both iOS and Android that was used for social networking between friends. The app was used to make social plans between friends and friends of friends.
- Created the back-end service as a REST API using the Django Python framework.
- Migrated the application back-end to the Parse no-sql solution in order to introduce a solution that scales very easily with little extra work so our small team could focus on improving our application.
- Led a small development team in the production of an iOS app, an Android app, and a back-end server.
Real Estate Listing
The Allovance Method is a business application that guides businesses and organizations in their decision making process. It is used to help you decide and justify how you allocate resources (capital, time, people) by taking you through 5 steps:
1. Strategize - Decide what priorities are important to you and what objectives you want to accomplish
2. Compare - Use pair-wise comparison to weigh the importance of your priorities and objectives to each other
3. Quantify - Create the scales that define the impact of each project on your objectives
4. Score - Create and score your "projects" according to the scales you defined in step 3. An overall project score is calculated for each project.
5. Select - Use data and scores to select a portfolio of projects that maximizes project scores while staying within your budget
OrderCircle is built with the Laravel PHP framework. We integrate with related services like Shopify and QuickBooks.
We were part of Batch 18 of 500 Startups in San Francisco in 2016.
Redux, Tailwind CSS, Jest, Flux, Express.js, Ember.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Django, Laravel, Next.js, Angular, PhoneGap, React Native, Svelte
Node.js, React, Google AdWords, AdWords API, Lodash, Facebook API, LinkedIn API, Twitter API, Underscore.js, Stripe, Web3.js, Sidekiq, jQuery
Auth0, Shell, Sequelize, Vim Text Editor, Git, IntelliJ IDEA, Xcode, NGINX
Web Development, Axios, Full-stack Development, Distributed Systems, Cryptocurrency Wallets, Cryptocurrency, Non-fungible Tokens (NFT), Computer Science, Web Extensions, Web App UI, Web Applications
Scrum, Responsive Coding, Agile, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Functional Programming, UI Design
Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, iOS, Parse, Linux, AWS Lambda, Unix, Blockchain, Docker, Android, Firebase, Ethereum, Kubernetes
Redis, NoSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Memcached
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science
The University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, MI
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring