PhD and Graduate Assistant2009 - PRESENTCUNY
Technologies: Java, C++, R
- Create a C++ localization library for autonomous robots implementing a Monte Carlo optimization algorithm.
- Teach OO programming in C++ to undergraduate students.
- Teach OO programming in Java to undergraduate students.
- Analyze large datasets of journal publication data to infer correlation between author collaboration and paper success. Used machine learning algorithms to show that previous author collaboration is a good predictor for the number of citations a paper will receive.
- Develop and prove bounds on graph algorithms (a generalization of the shortest path problem and a generalization of the matching problem).
- Develop and prove bounds on an approximation algorithm for a computational geometry problem.
Web Developer2014 - 2014Rumr.co
Technologies: Python, Django, Haystack, Postgres
- Developed the back-end for an apartment sharing web application.
- Integrated the application with the Facebook API for authentication and connecting users through their common friends, likes, jobs, etc.
- Integrated the application with the Google Maps API to show apartment listings on the map.
- Used Haystack for filtering apartment listings based on keywords.
- Used Ajax and jQuery manipulation to build an in-page messaging system.
- Used Ajax and jQuery with the Cloudinary API to upload and resize user images.
- Used Ajax and jQuery to build a widget to allow the user resize the profile image.
- Used Adobe Illustrator to design the logo and other graphics.
- Designed and implemented the UI for the website.
Software Engineer2008 - 2009Cyrus Innovation
- Developed a large web-based asset management system.
- Worked in an Agile, TDD environment.
- Created migration scripts to port legacy data to the new system using Python.
- Tested legacy code to ensure porting to the new system proceeds smoothly.