Co-founder | CTO2013 - 2019Crowdskout
Technologies: AngularJS, PHP, Laravel, MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Linux, AWS, Kafka, Jenkins, Rust, Python
- Built a team of engineering and product people from 1-15 people.
- Architected and built software that stored and provided access to billions of records and ingested millions of records every day.
- Developed and established a project process for three teams of engineers.
- Maintained a server environment running on AWS consisting of three environments, five applications, and over 100 servers.
- Helped build and maintain a continuous integration development environment running on Jenkins.
- Architected and managed the development of over 30 different integrations with external APIs that processed millions of data points daily.
- Worked directly with customers to help them architect their data ecosystem.
- Built communication tools across many channels including email, phone calls, texting, and canvassing.
- Spoke on technical topics at multiple conferences.
- Helped organize and run biannual hackathons for the company.
Front-end Developer2012 - 2013Golden Tech
- Developed custom functionalities and themes in WordPress.
- Built a custom dynamic functionality in CodeIgniter and MySQL.
- Maintained websites and server-side applications running on Linux.
Web Developer2007 - 2011University of Chicago
- Helped maintain and iterate on existing websites for the university.
- Migrated older department websites from static sites into standardized Drupal implementations.
- Rebuilt the front end of the university's email service.
Technical Lead2005 - 2008Web Craft Team
- Developed websites from Photoshop designs.
- Built custom back ends in PHP.
- Hosted websites on Linux using cPanel Reseller.