Co-founder | CTO2019 - PRESENTBrightway Health
Technologies: React, Node.js, React Native, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud, Firebase
- Architected and developed a HIPAA-compliant mobile application and back end in React Native and Firebase.
- Architected and developed a HIPAA-compliant web application in Next.js and Node.js.
- Oversaw the product development lifecycle of healthcare products for the brain injury community. Including user interviews, prototyping, and design iteration.
Co-founder | CTO2013 - 2019Crowdskout
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, Rust, Jenkins, Apache Kafka, AWS, Linux, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, MySQL, Laravel, PHP, AngularJS
- Built a team of engineering and product people from one to fifteen people.
- Architected and built software that stored and provided access to billions of records and ingested millions of records every day.
- Developed and established a project process for three teams of engineers.
- Maintained a server environment running on AWS consisting of three environments, five applications, and over 100 servers.
- Helped build and maintain a continuous integration development environment running on Jenkins.
- Architected and managed the development of over 30 different integrations with external APIs that processed millions of data points daily.
- Worked directly with customers to help them architect their data ecosystem.
- Built communication tools across many channels including email, phone calls, texting, and canvassing.
- Spoke on technical topics at multiple conferences.
- Helped organize and run biannual hackathons for the company.
Front-end Developer2012 - 2013Golden Tech
- Developed custom functionalities and themes in WordPress.
- Built a custom dynamic functionality in CodeIgniter and MySQL.
- Maintained websites and server-side applications running on Linux.
Web Developer2007 - 2011University of Chicago
- Helped maintain and iterate on existing websites for the university.
- Migrated older department websites from static sites into standardized Drupal implementations.
- Rebuilt the front end of the university's email service.
Technical Lead2005 - 2008Web Craft Team
- Developed websites from Photoshop and Illustrator designs.
- Built custom back ends in PHP and MySQL for customer self-management.
- Ran hosting provider with domain sales on Linux using cPanel Reseller.