- Co-founder, CTO, CEO2014 - PRESENTBuffered.com
Technologies: OpenVPN, Django, Python, wxPython, Kivy, Linux
- Single-handedly designed and implemented a MVP of a VPN SaaS provider with desktop clients, supporting APIs, and server architecture.
- Ran the company as Managing Director (CEO) during its existence.
- Software Engineer, Interviewer2011 - 2014Toptal.com
Technologies: wxPython, OpenVPN, OpenSSL, Django, Jinja2
- Implemented several simple websites for personal projects using Django and Jinja2.
- Implemented OpenVPN based desktop software using wxPython, OpenVPN, and OpenSSL.
- Interviewed a large number of candidates and overhauled the interview process.
- Head of Media Platform Development2010 - 2011DuoDecad LLC, Media Platform Division
Technologies: libav* libraries, Python3, C, Linux, Bonding, RTMP, FLV, AMF
- Worked as the only developer (for the first 8 months) on an alternative video streaming platform to Adobe Flash Media Server (primary goal of The Media Platform Division (MPD)).
- Achieved our goal within a year using unofficial documentation of the protocol and manual reversing.
- Designed and implemented live stream distribution and conversion architecture in Python3.
- Optimized to allow one node to serve more than 100k clients using ~10Gbit/s.
- Supported on-the-fly transcoding of incoming audio and video.
- Benchmarked performance and moved heavy-lifting code to C.
- Integrated several libav* libraries into Python for stream conversion.
- Researched and assisted in hardware acquisitions for the project.
- Devised custom event-driven interface with custom socket handling for Python, including FLV format handlers.
- Detected bugs in Adobe formats and in libavformat.
- Administered Media Platform Division's machines (about 80).
- Tuned machines for maximum network performance.
- Lectured on IT-Security, MPD's project, and Python programming.
- Iterated until peak performance of the cluster was almost 100Gb. With 30 machines, it would have been capable of completely taking over the existing streaming cluster (100+ nodes).
- IT Security Specialist2008 - 2010DuoDecad LLC, IT-Security Division
Technologies: Linux, IPtables, Keepalived, LVS, C, NetBoot
- Performed software audits, penetration tests, and stress tests.
- Implemented failover architecture for the main website.
- Assisted our partner company in acquiring Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) compliance.
- Devised company policies for PCI-DSS, developed architecture, and held educational sessions as part of IT Security staff.
- Benchmarked Linux kernel's behavior when presented with high volumes of DDoS traffic. Tuned and patched the kernel to achieve maximum resilience.
- Worked as a member of the incident response team.
- Developed a network analyzer in C which created real-time statistics of incoming HTTP requests and pinpointed attackers.
- Ported old OpenSSH fork modifications to the latest version.
- IT Operator2008 - 2008DuoDecad LLC, IT-Security Division
- Helped with administration of several hundred Linux machines.
- Led support for kernel and network-related issues.
- Wrote small scripts in bash for administrative purposes.
- Instructor2007 - 2007SZAMALK Educational Institution
- Taught a course for a single semester titled Linux, Networking, and System Administration.
- System Administrator2005 - 2007Dorm System Administrator Group ELTE
Technologies: NetBoot, Linux
- Helped with general Linux system administration tasks in my university dorm.
- Implemented load balancing.
- Administered web proxies.
- Created minimal NetBoot architecture.