Verified Expert in Engineering
Gergely is a versatile CTO with a wide variety of experience in a lot of different technologies. He is able to design systems from the ground up and carry them through their lifecycle. Having managed his own tech team, he does not shy away from managing others or advising business decisions.
The most amazing...
...challenge in my life has been singlehandedly writing all the code for my startup company.
Consultant and Blockchain Developer
NDA (via Toptal)
- Refactored a large legacy codebase.
- Helped guide business and architecture decisions.
- Designed and implemented a distributed architecture.
- Fixed lots of security bugs.
- Uncovered business-level vulnerabilities.
Universal Music Group
- Refactored a Python tool.
Co-founder, CTO, CEO
- Singlehandedly designed and implemented the MVP.
- Designed the network and APIs as well as desktop clients.
- Ran the development team through the company's lifetime.
- Ran the company as managing director (CEO).
Software Engineer, Interviewer
- Implemented several simple websites for personal projects using Django and Jinja2.
- Implemented OpenVPN based desktop software using wxPython, OpenVPN, and OpenSSL.
- Interviewed a large number of candidates and overhauled the interview process.
Head of Media Platform Development
DuoDecad, LLC, Media Platform Division
- Worked as the only developer (for the first eight months) on an alternative video streaming platform to Adobe Flash Media Server (primary goal of the media platform division (MPD)).
- Achieved our goal within a year using unofficial documentation of the protocol and manual reversing.
- Designed and implemented livestream distribution and conversion architecture in Python 3.
- Optimized to allow one node to serve more than 100 thousand clients using approximately 10Gbit/s.
- Supported on-the-fly transcoding of incoming audio and video.
- Benchmarked performance and moved heavy-lifting code to C.
- Integrated several Libav libraries into Python for stream conversion.
- Researched and assisted in hardware acquisitions for the project.
- Devised a custom event-driven interface with custom socket handling for Python, including FLV format handlers.
- Detected bugs in Adobe formats and in Libav format.
- Administered MPD's machines (about 80).
- Tuned machines for maximum network performance.
- Lectured on IT security, MPD's project, and Python programming.
- Iterated until peak performance of the cluster was almost 100Gb. With 30 machines, it would have been capable of completely taking over the existing streaming cluster (100+ nodes).
IT Security Specialist
DuoDecad, LLC, IT Security Division
- Performed software audits, penetration tests, and stress tests.
- Implemented failover architecture for the main website.
- Assisted our partner company in acquiring Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) compliance.
- Devised company policies for PCI-DSS, developed architecture, and held educational sessions as part of IT security staff.
- Benchmarked Linux kernel's behavior when presented with high volumes of DDoS traffic. Tuned and patched the kernel to achieve maximum resilience.
- Worked as a member of the incident response team.
- Developed a network analyzer in C which created real-time statistics of incoming HTTP requests and pinpointed attackers.
- Ported old OpenSSH fork modifications to the latest version.
DuoDecad, LLC, IT Security Division
- Helped with administration of several hundred Linux machines.
- Led support for kernel and network-related issues.
- Wrote small scripts in bash for administrative purposes.
Online Payment Architect, PCI-DSS Consultant
Real Estate Scraper
10 Common Web Security Vulnerabilities
How I Made Porn 20x More Efficient With Python Video Streaming
Credit Card Hacks: With Some Tricks, Hacked Card Numbers Are Still, Still Googleable
C, Python, Bash, Python 3, C++, PHP, Assembler x86
Django, Scrapy, Jinja, Qt, Django REST Framework
Libav, PyQt, OpenSSL, AMF, Kivy
OpenVPN, Scraping Hub, Git, Terraform, Ansible, Packer, wxPython, Keepalived, Linux Virtual Server (LVS)
REST, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Imperative Programming, Event-driven Programming, DevOps, Penetration Testing
Linux, Docker, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Raspberry Pi, Blockchain, Proxmox, AWS Lambda, Windows, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), MacOS
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Memcached, Redis, MySQL
Freelancing, Ethernet, TCP, UDP, SSH, Code Auditing, Iptables, Software Architecture, Scraping, System Administration, SaaS, Web Development, System Security Developer, Leadership, Embedded Hardware, Internet of Things (IoT), Embedded Software, WordPress Plugins, Serverless, RTMP, Crypto
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Eotvos Lorand Science University - Hungary
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate (SAA)
Amazon Web Services (AWS)