Verified Expert in Engineering
Gergő is a DevOps engineer and AWS Certified Solution Architect who loves his craft. He focuses on designing and implementing clean and cost-saving infrastructures and solutions. His primary focus is containerized applications and Kubernetes as an orchestration platform.
Go, C, Java, Bash, Ruby, Python, Unix
The most amazing...
...project I've contributed to was Kinja. Sites run on Kinja serve ~10,000 requests per second and more than 100 million visitors a month.
AWS/GCP Tech Lead
- Contributed to projects using AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, and DevOps.
eVision Software Ltd.
- Worked on an international team.
- Designed and delivered the migration plan to AWS and Kubernetes. To become a SaaS company.
- Helped organizations implement cloud best-practices.
- Contributed to the containerization of applications, building CI/CD pipeline for delivery.
- Implemented "Infrastructure as Code" concept in every-day operation practices.
- Built fault-tolerant, auto-healing Kubernetes environment for develop new developer practices.
Gizmodo Media Group Ltd.
- Designed and delivered Kinja on Cloud infrastructure in AWS. (~ 10,000 requests per second/100 million visitors/month).
- Worked together with the development team to containerize (Docker) and migrate the Kinja microservice architecture to Kubernetes.
- Set up continuous integration and delivery pipeline for the application with six deployments per day to the product.
- Implemented the "Infrastructure as Code" concept with 100% code coverage on infrastructure components.
- Designed and delivered automated CI/CD solution for DNS management and failover for more than 800 domains.
AISS Technologies Ltd.
- Designed and delivered centralized logging for more than 300 on-site devices in AWS.
- Worked closely with the development team for CI/CD setup on remote instances. Async change management.
- Built scalable Elasticsearch cluster for event analytics serving business purposes.
- Dockerized products for flawless deployment.
- Built the framework for "Click-to-Deploy" environment creation for both local development environments and business demo purposes.
- Built a serious VPN network to connect on-site nodes to a service mesh.
Head of Development
- Designed and managed the Codie project on the software/infrastructure side.
- Built a service cloud for various application use-cases in AWS.
- Built CI/CD solutions for application delivery in different environments.
- Designed an application release lifecycle and implementing it.
- Built an automated test environment for the Codie software.
- Worked closely with the HW team on the embedded software on the robot.
- Contributed to a well-known open-source project in a remote community.
- Built CI/CD around product delivery and created various Debian packages.
- Built automation (Puppet, Ansible) for product delivery to various customer infrastructures.
- Worked closely with our customer's engineer to integrate our product into their environment.
- Containerized the syslog-ng application.
- Designed a solution for possibilities of SaaS.
- Collaborated with an international team on building new generation network traffic schedulers for 5G.
- Designed and implemented kernel-space modules for TCP/IP level traffic shaping.
- Built the solution to analyze and identify various traffic types (bulk, stream, etc.).
- Implemented the framework in C++ to build a wide variety of shaping algorithms using the patched Linux traffic control utility.
- Built CI/CD for deploying and testing solution in a real-life LTE node environment in Sweden.
Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- Built a cloud solution on OpenStack base.
- Set up and supported a self-hosted cloud solution.
- Implemented Puppet to manage the whole infrastructure.
- Built up a centralized monitoring and alerting system.
- Set up continuous integration and rollback strategy for environment deployments.
- Designed and implemented a local development environment (minicloud).
Kinja/Gizmodo Media Grouphttps://kinja.com/
Codie, the Robotic Toy That Teaches Kids Codinghttps://techcrunch.com/2015/12/08/codie-is-a-fast-rolling-robot-toy-that-teaches-kids-progamming-concepts/?guccounter=1
As the person responsible for delivering the software and infrastructural components for Codie, I had to sync teams working on different parts of the product. We had to be aware of the progress of the hardware itself and keep in touch with the people responsible for tracking the market and social feedbacks. It was a great opportunity for me to work under huge pressure and experience the beauty of creating something from nothing.
It's unfortunate, that after the first two waves of delivery, CodieLabs (the company behind Codie) was closed because of financial hardships and problems with manufacturing the robot.
Python, C, Bash, Ruby, Scala, Objective-C, Go, Java, C++
AWS CloudFormation, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy, Logstash, Amazon CloudWatch, AWS IAM, Boto, Git, Ansible, NGINX, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon Cognito, Terraform, Boto 3, Helm, Vagrant, Puppet, Jenkins, HashiCorp, Syslog-ng, TeamCity
DevOps, Automated Testing
Ubuntu, CoreOS, AWS Lambda, Kubernetes, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Arch Linux, CentOS, Unix, JVM, Linux, OpenStack, Apache Kafka, Red Hat Linux, Azure
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Elasticsearch, Amazon EFS, Redis, Amazon DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, Amazon Aurora, MongoDB
AWS CodePipeline, AWS Cloud Architecture, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Infrastructure Architecture, Elastic Load Balancers, Amazon Route 53, Autoscaling, Failover Solutions, Remote Work, Communication, Containers, Container Orchestration, Caching, DNS, SSL Certificates, Automated Deployment Scripts, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon API Gateway, Delivery, Embedded Software, Linux Kernel, TCP/IP, Long-term Evolution (LTE), Networks, Networking, Graphite, Single Sign-on (SSO), Consul
Progress towards a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Budapest University of Technology and Economics - Budapest, Hungary
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate