Verified Expert in Engineering
Germán is a software engineer with six years of experience. He's currently focused on building interactive React and React Native applications that users enjoy using. Coming from an aerospace engineering background, Germán has strong problem-solving skills that allow him to break down complex problems and find creative and innovative solutions. He approaches everything he does with the following set of principles that guide him—responsibility, integrity, perseverance, balance, and enthusiasm.
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a mobile application called GoodBite focused on helping restaurants reduce food waste.
Founder | Lead Developer
GoodBite Technologies, Inc.
- Designed and developed a React Native iOS and Android application that allows users to browse and purchase excess food posted by local restaurants.
- Developed and designed a web portal built with Next.js that enables restaurant business owners and managers to post excess food at a discounted rate for the GoodBite mobile app.
- Designed and implemented an entire serverless back-end infrastructure built on GCP/Firebase that handles all web and mobile requests and automatically scales based on traffic levels.
- Designed and developed a React web application from start to finish that enabled 200+ external contractors to mark up website screenshots and capture custom data.
- Implemented and designed 15+ ASP.NET pages that enabled internal company admins to manage clients, projects, and internal data.
- Led migration of legacy CI/CD workflows to self-hosted instances of TeamCity and Octopus and implemented modern CI/CD pipelines.
- Designed a UI test framework and implemented C# NUnit3 Selenium tests, which delivered 90% test integration coverage of our primary ASP.NET website.
- Overhauled our entire Jira workflow process, which resulted in the elimination of bottlenecks and improved employee engagement in agile development practices.
Software Development Engineer in Test
- Designed and developed C# WPF desktop applications using the MVVM design pattern that showcased live test metrics and enhanced test capabilities.
- Developed and implemented an automated test framework built on an architecture that encompassed Visual Studio SpecFlow with NUnit, test libraries, home-grown C# simulators, and a MySQL database.
- Led a six-person scrum team through system integration testing (SIT) for the GPS-based position, navigation, and timing service (GPNTS) program.
- Awarded Raytheon IDS President's Award for applying DevOps principles to the GPNTS team.
Test Automation Engineering Intern
- Designed and developed a Python application that automated the process of calibrating and testing medical-grade thermometer patches.
- Wrote Python scripts that quickly and efficiently collected, processed, and analyzed live and post-test data to reduce total analysis time by 70%.
- Performed and wrote automated test procedures to validate the accuracy of thermometer patches and measure product performance against competitors.
Test Automation Engineering Intern
Solar Turbines, Inc.
- Designed and developed a Python application on a Raspberry Pi that served as the micro-controller and data acquisition system for a custom-built flow bench.
- Improved the data structure of an existing Python application to increase efficiency in post-test data analysis by 35%.
- Created an Excel visual basic tool that generated overhaul quarterly reports in five minutes which would normally take two engineers around 10 hours to finish.
Mobile App that Helps Restaurants Reduce Food Waste
If you'd like to review my work, here’s a link where you can download a dev version of GoodBite from TestFlight:
Note that when you download and install the app, the name of the app will be “cartwheel” because it’s pointed to a dev environment and not production.
Once you open the app, when you see the “Select an Area” screen, select “Los Angeles County” so you can see everything.
You can also use the following test credit card to go through the purchasing flow.
#: 4242 4242 4242 4242
Everything else you can play around with and hopefully it’s intuitive!
Landing Page for Businesshttps://unitedinternationalservices.com/
I designed, built, and shipped the website using React and Firebase. I also implemented the contact form back-end functionality which forwards the website contact message directly to the agency owner through SendGrid.
DevOps, Agile Software Development
React Native, Next.js, ASP.NET
Notion, Jira, TestFlight, Figma
Firebase, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Web Development, Back-end Development, Google Play Console, Mobile App Development
Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Engineering
San Diego State University - San Diego, CA
Full-stack Web Development
UCLA Extension Boot Camps
Certified Scrum Master