Giovani Moctezuma Rodríguez León
Verified Expert in Engineering
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Developer
Giovani is a software engineer specializing in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science tech stacks. He has worked in multicultural teams for startups and big enterprises, implementing data analytics, machine learning, and deep learning in the transportation, retail, job search, and supermarket sectors. As a freelancer and an entrepreneur, Giovani is creating his own set of solutions using facial recognition and computer vision.
Keras, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Ubuntu, Python
The most amazing...
...thing I've designed, developed, and optimized is a matching algorithm that went from two minutes to 10 seconds per prediction.
- Built a customized QR code-like solution for a customer's internal management system.
- Developed customer segmentation on a dataset of two million records for a large grocery store.
- Designed and developed an algorithm to predict crime occurrence and firearm collection in a major city in Latin America.
- Built a complete solution to automate entrances and exits at sports centers, using facial recognition technology.
Machine Learning Engineer
Online Job Search Company
- Implemented an ETL pipeline from scratch to process the full-site database.
- Designed and developed a customized matching algorithm that makes predictions two orders of magnitude faster.
- Set up Apache Solr to complement the matching capabilities of my algorithm.
- Mixed in-house algorithms with third-party services like IBM Watson to enhance matching results.
- Followed coding best practices during Agile development cycles.
- Developed an algorithm to identify passengers' entrances and exits for a nationwide transportation enterprise, thereby reducing losses by about 10%.
- Applied object detection techniques to ensure quality in a product presentation for a nationwide food chain.
- Implemented neural networks and classical computer vision approaches, using TensorFlow and OpenCV.
- Developed fast-prototyped presentation demos within two to three weeks.
- Worked with Agile methodologies and on-site source control to ensure confidentiality.
Carso Research and Development Center
- Designed an autonomous monitoring system that uses drones for surveillance in industrial complexes and buildings. Focused on providing a solution that's low price and easily replaceable.
- Implemented raw GPS metrics on low-level interfaces and code to outperform conventional position measurements.
- Developed a prototype that costs 70% less than similar solutions in the market.
- Designed and implemented a complete initial prototype within one month.
Face Recognition POC for Arizona State University
Python SDK for Data Labeling Startup (RedBrickAI)https://github.com/redbrick-ai/redbrick-sdk
AI-powered Job Search Site
The redesign and implementation of the matching algorithm produced results two orders of magnitude faster, from two minutes to less than 10 seconds per prediction. The biggest challenge was joining data from different sources and third-party APIs to produce high-quality predictions.
Face ID for Sport Centers
The software helped to manage sports center partners and eliminate losses due to pending payments or expired memberships. The solution was capable of recognizing people with 99% accuracy (based on public datasets).
Data Analysis and Insight Extraction for a Retail Store
Python, SQL, GraphQL
Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Computer Vision, Recommendation Systems, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Software Engineering, Mathematical Modeling, Object Detection, Neural Networks, Convolutional Neural Networks, Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN), Facial Recognition, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Data Visualization, Feature Analysis, Linear Algebra, Unsupervised Learning, Data Analysis, Drones, GPS, Sensor Fusion, Mechatronics, Wireless Protocols, Gunicorn, API Documentation, HTTPS, Open Source
TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, OpenCV, PyTorch, Keras, NumPy, Pandas, REST APIs, Flask-RESTful, Dlib
C#.NET WinForms, Git, Apache Solr, IBM Watson, Jupyter, TensorBoard, NGINX, GitHub, PyPI, Travis CI, Pytest
Data Science, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), ETL
Linux, Jupyter Notebook, Ubuntu, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Raspberry Pi, Amazon EC2, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
MySQL, SQLite, JSON
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Technological Institute of Queretaro - Queretaro, Mexico
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (Study Abroad)
West Virginia University - Morgantown, WV, USA
TensorFlow: Data and Deployment
DeepLearning.AI (via Coursera)
DeepLearning.AI (via Coursera)
HCNA Routing & Switching
Huawei ICT Academy