Verified Expert in Engineering
AWS Database Migration Service Developer
Giovani is an experienced data professional with extensive expertise in data systems such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and DB2. He is also very familiar with the Microsoft BI stack including SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Power BI, Azure DW, and Azure DB. He also has AWS experience including RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, S3, EC2, CloudFormation, Lambda Functions, Step Functions, and VPC set up. He communicates very well and has worked in teams of all sizes.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is a script that saved a company team hundreds of hours of work.
Data Operations Engineer
- Migrated dozens of database servers from Oracle running on VMs to Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL.
- Created step functions and lambda functions to perform database backup tasks.
- Utilized Python with lambda functions to perform various AWS tasks via the Boto3 library.
- Created and monitor RDS instances.
- Implemented a region-wide disaster recovery strategy that copies RDS data over to the DR region.
Enterprise Data Architect
- Built an Azure SQL and Power BI POC that was successful. On-prem data would be refreshed nightly into an Azure SQL database, and users could analyze the data via Power BI. The work was widely praised.
- Built pipelines in Azure Data Factory with the data management gateway to transfer on-prem transactional flat files from into Azure storage. Polybase was used to read the transferred data from Azure blob storage into Azure SQL data warehouse tables.
- Successfully built an ETL solution to have a new visualization tool consume data from properties running different systems under one data schema.
SSRS, PHP, and MySQL Developer
R5 Ensino Professional
- Optimized tools used to put together the company product (teaching software). Discovered and implemented better components.
- Created an output file for an already existing mouse macro program that automated the image upload process.
- Created a PHP script to manipulate a Delphi file to extract and save a new file with the component position, a process that would have taken several months by hand.
Data Warehouse Analyst
Western Funding, Inc.
- Created a portal for branch managers to help rank clients at the click of a button, an improvement over the hour-long process that was previously required.
- Created a reporting book used at every shareholder meeting to show gains/losses across all departments.
- Supported an ETL process taking data from a 32-bit server into a 64-bit server.
Lambda Function Terminating EC2 Instances
SQL, Python, Delphi
SQL Management Studio, AWS Key Management Service (KMS), Tableau, AWS Step Functions, Boto 3, AWS CLI, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Microsoft Visual Studio, AWS IAM, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS)
ETL, Database Development
Databases, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2014, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon Aurora, PostgreSQL, Amazon DynamoDB, SQL Server 2016, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Pipelines, DB, DataWare
Offshore Development, Software Development, Outsourced Developer, AWS Database Migration Service, Relational Database Services (RDS), Lambda Functions, AWS Polly
Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, Oracle, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS)