Data Operations Engineer2017 - PRESENTPlanview, Inc.
Technologies: Python, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, AWS Step Functions, Lambda Functions, Amazon Aurora, Relational Database Services (RDS), AWS
- Migrated dozens of database servers from Oracle running on VMs to Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL.
- Created step functions and lambda functions to perform database backup tasks.
- Utilized Python with lambda functions to perform various AWS tasks via the Boto3 library.
- Created and monitor RDS instances.
- Implemented a region-wide disaster recovery strategy that copies RDS data over to the DR region.
Enterprise Data Architect2015 - 2017Boyd Gaming
Technologies: DataWare, Microsoft SQL Server, DB, Azure, Data Pipelines, SSRS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), ETL
- Built an Azure SQL and Power BI POC that was successful. On-prem data would be refreshed nightly into an Azure SQL database, and users could analyze the data via Power BI. The work was widely praised.
- Built pipelines in Azure Data Factory with the data management gateway to transfer on-prem transactional flat files from into Azure storage. Polybase was used to read the transferred data from Azure blob storage into Azure SQL data warehouse tables.
- Successfully built an ETL solution to have a new visualization tool consume data from properties running different systems under one data schema.
SSRS, PHP, and MySQL Developer2013 - 2014R5 Ensino Professional
Technologies: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SSRS, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Delphi
- Optimized tools used to put together the company product (teaching software). Discovered and implemented better components.
- Created an output file for an already existing mouse macro program that automated the image upload process.
- Created a PHP script to manipulate a Delphi file to extract and save a new file with the component position, a process that would have taken several months by hand.
Data Warehouse Analyst2011 - 2013Western Funding, Inc.
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server
- Created a portal for branch managers to help rank clients at the click of a button, an improvement over the hour-long process that was previously required.
- Created a reporting book used at every shareholder meeting to show gains/losses across all departments.
- Supported an ETL process taking data from a 32-bit server into a 64-bit server.