Verified Expert in Engineering
Git, Jira, Slack, JetBrains, Java, React
The most amazing...
...project I've worked for was a Fortune 10 real estate company. I helped set up, implement, and improve their brand new sales portal.
- Performed hundreds of technical screenings for engineers interested in joining Toptal.
- Interviewed and assessed the technical skills of candidates through complex algorithmic tests.
- Analyzed hundreds of profiles to evaluate the candidates' skills.
Data Integration Engineer
- Worked in the main application of a data-ETL startup with a large codebase to modernize and implement new features and programming patterns.
- Brought functional programming patterns into the project, allowing easier development of new features. Reduced bugs, code redundancy, and time to implement new integrations.
- Documented best practices and programming patterns to raise the quality of future developments.
- Added unit tests for some of the most common and important functionalities.
Technical Leader, Full Stack
- Worked as a full-stack technical leader in a rapidly-growing construction finance startup company from the US, using React, TypeScript, Redux, SCSS, Node.js, and Ionic. A fast-paced environment where we deployed to production at least once a week.
- Performed functional integrations between the core web app and several smaller apps, including mobile. Led a team of developers and testers and coordinated development and deployments with other distributed teams in the US.
- Helped consolidate the joint work of the local team in Bogotá with San Francisco, defining Agile processes and aligning teamwork. Led the local development work with a team of front-end developers and software testers.
- Fully structured and coordinated Endava's development internship program for 2019. Worked as a career coach for other developers, defining strategies and objectives for the company's technical and non-technical growth.
Senior Software Engineer
- Involved in multiple components of the application: integration systems (using Apigee, MuleSoft, and ETL processes), security framework (IDP authentication, registering, profile management, etc.), and the refactoring/improvement of components.
- Designed and developed an architectural refactor of one of the main components of the application, increasing scalability and reducing development time and effort for future integrations.
- Prepared and presented live demos to product owners from Europe, giving sign-off to a number of features and bug fixes.
- Worked in a small team to deliver a large in-house project to replace a layer of integration systems (MuleSoft layer), which affected many back-end components.
- Collaborated with different teams in times of critical delivery, quickly helped with different tasks, and was recognized by the team members.
Easy Solutions (acquired by AppGate)
- Served as a senior developer for Easy Solutions (acquired by Cyxtera), the world-leading company in comprehensive prevention and detection of electronic fraud, with headquarters in the US.
- Led the design and creation of a new client portal for visualizing real-time information of all the company's products and services. Supported other teams in the process of adaptation of their products to the new portal.
- Designed and created a new reporting platform that allowed the clients to fully customize the presentation of the consolidated data from all the company's products and services.
- Designed the architecture allowing other teams to personalize their reports for their clients.
- Created RESTful web services for the company's main products to be used by different applications, including reports creation and portal's data visualization. Supported and migrated legacy components.
Mobile Hybrid Apps for A Construction Finance Startup
I performed functional integrations between the core web app and several smaller apps. This included mobile, leading a team of developers and testers, and coordinating with other distributed teams in the US.
Spring, Spring Boot, JUnit, Redux, Hibernate, JPA, Ionic
REST APIs, React, jQuery, Node.js
Git, Apache Maven, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), GitHub, JetBrains, Slack, Jira, Apache Tomcat
REST, Functional Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Microservices
JSON, MySQL, PostgreSQL
GitFlow, Software Development, APIs, API Integration, Back-end, React Hooks, Full-stack, CI/CD Pipelines, Cloud, Front-end, Computer Science, Architecture, Algorithms, IT Systems Architecture, English
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker
Bachelor of Science Degree in Systems and Computing Engineering
University of Los Andes - Bogota, Colombia
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electronic Engineering
University of Los Andes - Bogota, Colombia
IELTS - 8.0