Giulia is a creative and detail-oriented freelancer with a passion for front-end development and UI/UX design. She has over six years of experience developing web applications for professional, academic, and personal projects. Giulia is a CSS enthusiast, and she is always learning new technologies. She is a good communicator and values empathy between co-workers.
Slack, Git, MacOS, Discord
The most amazing...
...feature I've developed was a calendar component to create complex schedules that supported excluded dates, different timezones, and multiple day events.
- Updated HTML/CSS/Vue.js components for new Adobe XD designs on a digital menu board for a huge coffee-related restaurant in Canada.
- Implemented reusable components on Vue.js with Composition mode and SCSS for the digital menu board.
- Joined sprints and regular Agile-related meetings with a multidisciplinary team.
- Reviewed other front-end developer's code for quality assurance with an empathic and personal growth approach.
Senior Front-end Developer
Kangaroo Solutions Inc
- Developed new features on existing applications. For example, a calendar feature based on Full Calendar and ICal string allowed restaurants and couriers to have a visual schedule for administrators.
- Collaborated on sprint and story points planning sessions as the front-end team lead. I wrote all Jira tickets, and as a team, we defined story points and chose which tickets would be part of a sprint.
- Created UI mockups using Figma for two new applications. The focus was to create a UI that was easy to develop using UI components from either Vuetify or Ionic libraries.
- Improved the code quality of the existing Vue.js app by refactoring Vuex to a module architecture, using proper Vuetify variables for CSS, and refactoring all API calls from plan Axios to a custom library.
- Reviewed the code from other front-end and full-stack developers, always focusing on empathy and improvements. Applied received feedback on the code I wrote and learned from others.
- Fixed multiple bugs on React and React Native apps that were used by multiple customers every day. Bugs were related to React lifecycle, CSS, and Formik.
Senior Front-end Developer
Dog and Pony Studios
- Developed multiple institutional websites using Nuxt.js, Vuex, and Tailwind CSS. All websites had micro animations and accessibility A and AA rules compliance as a requirement.
- Participated in team calls three days per week to discuss current projects through Discord, kept track of working hours using Harvest, and organized tasks using Asana.
- Coordinated closely with the design team to create pixel-perfect implementations of UIs created with Figma.
- Populated content, adjusted Gravity Forms instances, and created custom fields on WordPress admin to display correct data on the front end.
- Ran accessibility checks using the AXE tool on existing and new projects to make sure they were accessible. If not, troubleshoot and fixed bugs preventing accessibility compliance issues.
The Winston Project LLC (via Toptal)
- Developed over 25 websites for universities based in the United States using a custom framework based on Hugo, jQuery, and SCSS.
- Implemented the front-end part of a design system with dozens of components in which accessibility was a requirement. The stack included Gridsome, Vue.js, Tailwind CSS, and VueX.
- Created documentation for each component in the design system to assist future members of the development team.
- Conducted accessibility checks using SiteImprove tool, troubleshooting, and fixed bugs if necessary.
- Developed the front-end part of an interactive tuition calculator for higher education using Vue.js, Scss, and VueX.
Apollo (via Toptal)
- Developed responsive UIs using SCSS, HTML, jQuery, and Middleman.
- Implemented pages to display infographics in images and PDF formats.
- Recreated a complete website UI, previously built with React, using Middleman.
- Fixed issues regarding 301 redirects using Node.js.
- Troubleshot issues to resolve bugs and defects related to the front-end development.
- Worked as a UX researcher on the chatbot team with three other people.
- Developed the chatbot's persona with the UX team. We decided to set this person as a female, non-binary early adult.
- Validated the chatbot with users through a survey using Google Forms.
- Researched and gathered data regarding the LGBT+ community to develop the chatbot content.
- Created a chatbot using Google's tool DialogFlow with the team.
Computer Science Graduate Researcher
- Developed a PWA architecture called PWA-EU. It is a mix of event-driven and layered software architectures so users can act as co-designers of an app. This freedom and flexibility are provided so users can make design choices on the PWA.
- Conducted software engineering and human computer-interacted experiments to evaluate and compare native mobile, web mobile, and PWA applications.
- Analyzed qualitative and quantitative data obtained from experiments and study cases.
- Wrote scientific articles describing the HCI experiments and PWA-EU approach.
- Conducted training sessions to teach PWA in theoretical and practical ways to graduate and undergraduate students.
Postbox (via Toptal)
- Developed UIs for a dark mode feature on a desktop app using plain CSS.
- Worked on a large codebase with dozens of CSS files.
- Debugged files to fix bugs and defects related to the front-end development.
- Used Git as version control to safely and quickly develop applications.
Web Developer and Designer
- Developed a full-stack web application using HTML5, Sass, jQuery, CodeIgniter, and MySQL for freelance clients. The app was a website with educational content for high school and undergraduate students of UNESP Bauru.
- Designed web applications for freelance clients using Photoshop.
- Worked on a team as a front-end developer (HTML5, Sass, and jQuery) to create a women empowerment social network for Microsoft's Imagine Cup competition.
- Assisted new members with lectures about front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, and SASS) and mentoring.
- Provided assistance after applications were delivered to clients.
- Contributed to UI prototype elaboration of Lecom BPM's new features.
- Worked with Agile methods daily, such as Scrum and Kanban.
Full-stack Web Developer
- Designed a hybrid mobile application prototype using Photoshop.
- Created a hybrid mobile app with Cordova.js, HTML, Sass, Bootstrap, jQuery, and Gulp. This app was a catalog for a furniture store that needs all their furniture on the app and also had features in which users could customize their furniture.
- Refactored CSS and Sass code from the company's website.
- Worked with Agile methods every day, such as Scrum.
- Developed an application with Django framework, Sass, HTML5, and jQuery.
Giulia Cardieri - Online Portfoliohttps://giuliacardieri.com/
Flexbox, Vue, jQuery, Vue 2, Vuex, LocalStorage, Node.js, React
Bootstrap, Materialize, Tailwind CSS, YARN, Vanilla JS, Nuxt.js, React Native, Vuetify, Ionic, Jest
Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, Git, Adobe Illustrator, Figma, Sublime Text, Slack, Zeplin, Gulp, NPM, Middleman, Vue CLI, Adobe Experience Design (XD)
UX Design, UI Design, BEM, Human-computer Interaction (HCI), Quantitative Research, Agile
CSS Grid, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), Web UX, Accessibility, A11Y, Gridsome, PWA, Chatbots, Google Material Design, App UX, Discord, Axe, User Experience (UX), User Research, Material Design, Storybook
MacOS, Firefox, WordPress
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Universidade Federal de São Carlos - UFSCar - Sorocaba, Brazil
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Universidade Estadual Paulista - UNESP - Bauru, Brazil
Non Degree International Student (Brazilian Government Scholarship) in Computer Science
Rochester Institute of Technology - Rochester, NY