Senior Front-end Developer2021 - 2022Kangaroo Solutions Inc
Technologies: Vue.js 2, Vue.js, Vuex, React, React Native, Vuetify.js, Ionic, SCSS, Jest, Storybook, Agile, Figma, UI Design, UX Design, CSS, TypeScript
- Developed new features on existing applications. For example, a calendar feature based on Full Calendar and ICal string allowed restaurants and couriers to have a visual schedule for administrators.
- Collaborated on sprint and story points planning sessions as the front-end team lead. I wrote all Jira tickets, and as a team, we defined story points and chose which tickets would be part of a sprint.
- Created UI mockups using Figma for two new applications. The focus was to create a UI that was easy to develop using UI components from either Vuetify or Ionic libraries.
- Improved the code quality of the existing Vue.js app by refactoring Vuex to a module architecture, using proper Vuetify variables for CSS, and refactoring all API calls from plan Axios to a custom library.
- Reviewed the code from other front-end and full-stack developers, always focusing on empathy and improvements. Applied received feedback on the code I wrote and learned from others.
- Fixed multiple bugs on React and React Native apps that were used by multiple customers every day. Bugs were related to React lifecycle, CSS, and Formik.
Senior Front-end Developer2021 - 2021Dog and Pony Studios
- Developed multiple institutional websites using Nuxt.js, Vuex, and Tailwind CSS. All websites had micro animations and accessibility A and AA rules compliance as a requirement.
- Participated in team calls three days per week to discuss current projects through Discord, kept track of working hours using Harvest, and organized tasks using Asana.
- Coordinated closely with the design team to create pixel-perfect implementations of UIs created with Figma.
- Populated content, adjusted Gravity Forms instances, and created custom fields on WordPress admin to display correct data on the front end.
- Ran accessibility checks using the AXE tool on existing and new projects to make sure they were accessible. If not, troubleshoot and fixed bugs preventing accessibility compliance issues.
Front-end Developer2019 - 2021The Winston Project LLC (via Toptal)
- Developed over 25 websites for universities based in the United States using a custom framework based on Hugo, jQuery, and SCSS.
- Implemented the front-end part of a design system with dozens of components in which accessibility was a requirement. The stack included Gridsome, Vue.js, Tailwind CSS, and VueX.
- Created documentation for each component in the design system to assist future members of the development team.
- Conducted accessibility checks using SiteImprove tool, troubleshooting, and fixed bugs if necessary.
- Developed the front-end part of an interactive tuition calculator for higher education using Vue.js, Scss, and VueX.
Front-end Developer2018 - 2019Apollo (via Toptal)
- Developed responsive UIs using SCSS, HTML, jQuery, and Middleman.
- Implemented pages to display infographics in images and PDF formats.
- Recreated a complete website UI, previously built with React, using Middleman.
- Fixed issues regarding 301 redirects using Node.js.
- Troubleshot issues to resolve bugs and defects related to the front-end development.
UX Designer2018 - 2019TODXS
Technologies: Web UX, Slack, Flow, Chatbots
- Worked as a UX researcher on the chatbot team with three other people.
- Developed the chatbot's persona with the UX team. We decided to set this person as a female, non-binary early adult.
- Validated the chatbot with users through a survey using Google Forms.
- Researched and gathered data regarding the LGBT+ community to develop the chatbot content.
- Created a chatbot using Google's tool DialogFlow with the team.
Computer Science Graduate Researcher2017 - 2019Capes
- Developed a PWA architecture called PWA-EU. It is a mix of event-driven and layered software architectures so users can act as co-designers of an app. This freedom and flexibility are provided so users can make design choices on the PWA.
- Conducted software engineering and human computer-interacted experiments to evaluate and compare native mobile, web mobile, and PWA applications.
- Analyzed qualitative and quantitative data obtained from experiments and study cases.
- Wrote scientific articles describing the HCI experiments and PWA-EU approach.
- Conducted training sessions to teach PWA in theoretical and practical ways to graduate and undergraduate students.
CSS Developer2018 - 2018Postbox (via Toptal)
Technologies: Flexbox, HTML5, CSS3, Sass, Git, Firefox, CSS, HTML
- Developed UIs for a dark mode feature on a desktop app using plain CSS.
- Worked on a large codebase with dozens of CSS files.
- Debugged files to fix bugs and defects related to the front-end development.
- Used Git as version control to safely and quickly develop applications.
Web Developer and Designer2016 - 2017LTIA
- Developed a full-stack web application using HTML5, Sass, jQuery, CodeIgniter, and MySQL for freelance clients. The app was a website with educational content for high school and undergraduate students of UNESP Bauru.
- Designed web applications for freelance clients using Photoshop.
- Worked on a team as a front-end developer (HTML5, Sass, and jQuery) to create a women empowerment social network for Microsoft's Imagine Cup competition.
- Assisted new members with lectures about front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, and SASS) and mentoring.
- Provided assistance after applications were delivered to clients.
Front-end Developer2015 - 2015Lecom
- Contributed to UI prototype elaboration of Lecom BPM's new features.
- Worked with Agile methods daily, such as Scrum and Kanban.
Full-stack Web Developer2014 - 2014Tegra
- Designed a hybrid mobile application prototype using Photoshop.
- Created a hybrid mobile app with Cordova.js, HTML, Sass, Bootstrap, jQuery, and Gulp. This app was a catalog for a furniture store that needs all their furniture on the app and also had features in which users could customize their furniture.
- Refactored CSS and Sass code from the company's website.
- Worked with Agile methods every day, such as Scrum.
- Developed an application with Django framework, Sass, HTML5, and jQuery.