Verified Expert in Engineering
Giulio is a passionate and self-driven engineer with several years of experience in the field. He started his career as a system administrator but then gradually transitioned into a DevOps role—building and designing microservices that can scale. Giulio's specialization ranges from cloud technologies, automation, continuous integration, and Python coding.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Buildkite, Kubernetes, PyTorch, Apache Kafka
The most amazing...
...thing I've designed, coded, and shipped to production was a performance-critical API able to reduce significantly the latency of the previous implementation.
- Created and maintained the cloud infrastructure in Azure using Terraform. In particular the configuration of sIte-to-site VPN from the data center to the cloud.
- Dockerized images for running machine learning jobs at scale.
- Used Ansible to configure the machine and server for ML engineers.
- Designed, built, and maintained microservices written in Python to provide various functionalities to the platform.
- Improved automation and self-healing capabilities for a critical part of the production infrastructure.
- Migrated a critical API from Lambda to Docker to significantly improve performance and ability to scale.
- Created a pipeline to store customer metrics in a long term datastore.
- Configured a visualization dashboard to allow business people to get insights into customer metrics without making a request to the technical team.
- Built an efficient and automated pipeline to build and deploy a project formed by various components (multiple front ends, back ends, and database migrations).
- Created an infrastructure using Ansible to automate configuration and installation of all the various components required to run the project (e.g., code repository, CI, code quality analysis tool, database and application servers).
- Established a development environment based on Vagrant and Docker to help developers to have a pain free experience without manual interventions.
- Managed the VPN configuration to synchronize source control repositories across three different locations.
- Improved the performance of various database queries by creating metrics that highlights the most executed and slow queries on the platform.
- Started the cloud journey with different teams by redesigning and migrating applications from on-premises to the AWS Cloud.
- Redesigned the deployment system to improve speed and reliability moving from a pull-based system based on Puppet to a push-one based on Ansible.
- Automated the creation of the cloud infrastructure using Packer and Ansible.
- Introduced new tools to visualize logs (ELK stack) and store metrics (Grafana and Prometheus).
Creation of a Monitoring Solution for Database Querying
GitLab CI/CD, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Ansible, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, VPN, GitLab, Grafana, Vagrant, SonarQube, Puppet, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Packer
DevOps, Agile Software Development, Lambda Architecture, Microservices Architecture, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD)
Azure, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Docker, AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Red Hat Linux, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Buildkite, Apache Kafka
Networking, Machine Learning, Akamai
Groovy, PHP, Python, Bash
Master's Degree in IT Engineering
Università degli Studi di Roma Tre - Rome, Italy
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Università degli Studi di Roma Tre - Roma, Italy
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate
Certificate of Expertise in Ansible Automation