Founder and CEO2016 - PRESENTPrime Threat
- Provided reorganization services to align the cyber security organization, infrastructure, and operations with the secure vision, while also establishing a strong market perception focused on cyber threat and risk management.
- Designed and implemented a security framework for a major global logistics customer in Turkey in accordance with local and international standards and regulations to foster a risk and security culture and risk management.
- Initiated an investment consulting project in cyber security startups for a local company to assist them in strengthening their financial structure through increased market share and volume and global expansion.
Security Lead (Policies & Procedures)2022 - 2023Toyota Material Handling, Inc - Main
Technologies: Security, Risk Assessment, Risk, Risk Models, Threat Modeling, Threat Analytics, Embedded Linux, Embedded Systems, Documentation, Technical Writing
- Designed a cybersecurity management skeleton to inform management of the company's cybersecurity needs and developed operational methodologies.
- Developed cybersecurity policies and practices by worldwide standards and frameworks such as ISO, IoTSF, etc., to meet the company's needs.
- Performed risk analysis and threat modeling to comprehend future and potential threats that will unavoidably produce risks that can result in lost revenue.
Security Compliance Consultant2022 - 2023Bonify, LLC
Technologies: IT Security, Security, ISO 27001, Data Privacy, GDPR, Incident Response, Architecture
- Established a cyber security management policy with an overarching strategy for running security operations in accordance with international and commercial standards, such as ISO 27001, GDPR, and Wix and Shopify platform compliance for a web app development company.
- Reviewed the current IT and security architecture and suggested architectural improvements for servers, security tools/devices, and software to strengthen infrastructure.
- Developed a roadmap to enhance the entire security posture of future DevOps-manufactured products and services and proposed revisions based on requirements and needs.
Cyber Security Advisor to CIO2019 - 2021Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality
Technologies: Auditing, Business Continuity, Cybersecurity, Information Security, Data-level Security, Database Security, GDPR, Data Privacy, International Data Privacy Regulations, Identity & Access Management (IAM), SIEM, SoC, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Management, Vulnerability Assessment, Acunetix, Netsparker, Nessus, Threat Modeling, Threat Intelligence, Web Intelligence, Red Teaming, Scanning, PCI DSS, ISO 27001, ISO 22301, ISO 27002, Firewalls, Endpoint Security, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Static Application Security Testing (SAST), Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST), Cloud Security, Architecture, Network Security, Secure Storage, Security, CI/CD Pipelines, IT Security, System Administration, Information Security Management Systems (ISMS), Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery (BCDR), Migration, NIST
- Participated in cross-functional teams projects involving IoT, SCADA, and smart city concepts to strategize the management and implementation of administering Istanbul.
- Enhanced enterprise security by creating a new generation of fortified security infrastructure. Built a framework for security management and enterprise architecture.
- Planned projects to improve know-how and infrastructure for a reliable and secure operation. Set the metrics, KPIs, and operational IT processes for the security organization to enhance security operations and software and infrastructure security.
Information Security VP and Enterprise Architect2015 - 2016Bankalararası Kart Merkezi (Interbank Card Center)
Technologies: Cybersecurity, Information Security, SIEM, SoC, DevOps, DevSecOps, Microservices, Microservices Architecture, REST APIs, RESTful Microservices, Payment APIs, Card Payments, Mobile Payments, Digital Payments, Penetration Testing, Ethical Hacking, Scanning, Threat Modeling, Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Vulnerability Assessment, Vulnerability Identification, Zero-day Vulnerabilities, Accunetix Vulnerability Scanner, Nessus, Netsparker, CyberArk, Identity & Access Management (IAM), Imperva Incapsula, IBM Security Guardium, Endpoint Security, Web Application Firewall (WAF), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Static Application Security Testing (SAST), Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST), Architecture, Network Security, Secure Storage, Security, CI/CD Pipelines, IT Security, System Administration, Information Security Management Systems (ISMS), Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery (BCDR), Migration, NIST
- Designed and constructed a world-class cyber security infrastructure to safeguard 250 billion TL in annual local payment transactions.
- Created a vision of success to compete with other banking and payment organizations and establish Turkey's first payment system and scheme (TROY).
- Implemented the strategy in stages, including assessment phases, design, construction, operation, testing, auditing, and continuous improvement.
- Reported to the senior vice president of security, compliance, and service management. Managed a team of four direct and twenty indirect employees overseeing a 1.5 million dollar annual CAPEX and OPEX budget.
- Implemented a framework for continuous penetration testing and code reviews to develop a proactive security management system to ward off cyber threats.
- Managed and led the procurement and budgeting processes to acquire products and services and consultation for operations.
- Constructed TROY's payment and information technology infrastructure following global payment schemes like Discover Card and international regulations such as PCI DSS.
Senior Cyber Security Consultant2014 - 2015PwC
Technologies: Cybersecurity, Information Security, ISO 27001, ISO 22301, COBIT 5, IoT Security, SCADA, Accunetix Vulnerability Scanner, Acunetix, Netsparker, Auditing, Business Continuity, Governance, IT Governance, Data Governance, Risk, Compliance, PCI Compliance, Risk Models, Threat Modeling, Cloud Security, Architecture, Network Security, Secure Storage, Security, IT Security, System Administration, Information Security Management Systems (ISMS), Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery (BCDR), Migration, NIST
- Designed and built a cyber security team to conduct security assessments, penetration and vulnerability testing, and incident response processes.
- Strengthened and fortified customers' information technology infrastructure and applications to prevent known and unknown cyber threats in significant industries.
- Oversaw auditing customers' cyber security and information security processes to inform them about their compliance with global law, regulations, and best practices.