Data Engineer2019 - PRESENTRappi
Technologies: AWS, Airflow, Snowflake, Periscope, Rakam, Python, SQL
- Embedded in a data science team that is recently adopting data engineering practices. In charge of the communication with platform and infrastructure teams. Set up the tooling, documentation, and data modeling, and planned the shape of the data pipelines moving forward.
- Set up a machine learning and data engineering orchestration tool for the company, using Airflow in collaboration with DevOps.
Data Engineer2016 - 2019Olapic
Technologies: Redshift, S3, EC2, Kinesis Firehose, Kinesis Streaming, Lambda), PHP, Python, Pandas, SQL, Jenkins
- Served as back-end analytics engineer, supporting the maintenance of the data infrastructure and ClickStream API.
- Authored an anomaly detector tool to identify problems in customer data to enable early detection and fixing of the underlying data and tooling.
- Collaborated on the design and implementation of the new version of the data pipeline, from Jenkins and SQL scripts to Apache Airflow.
- Collaborated with the design and implementation of the ETL to sync data from operational databases in RDS/Aurora (MySQL) to the data warehouse in Redshift.
- Supported the business intelligence team to write and maintain the funnels and reducers needed to fuel the reporting of the company.
Full-stack Developer2014 - 2015Bytelion
Technologies: Node.js, Express, MongoDB, Python, Django, PostgreSQL, AWS, AngularJS, Heroku, Celery
- Operated as back-end Node.js developer using ES6. Collaborated to write the data ingestion framework to provide a third-party news provider.
- Wrote and maintained the data pipelines that ingested the LawIQ proprietary information.
- Set up the codebase of the project. Delivered the MVP from scratch to the initial group of clients.
- Collaborated to improve the API and help improve the performance of the machine learning algorithm at SameGrain (iOS Social Network).
Software Developer2012 - 2014Santex America
Technologies: Python, Java, Scrum, AWS, GAE, Ant, Maven, XML, XSD, XSLT
- Developed and maintained several tools used to convert from DOCX and HTML to a proprietary XML variation and the other way around.
- Developed an HTML importer for proprietary XML uses JTidy, CssToXslfo, XSLFO, and XSLT. After months of improving this module, I took charge of the migration from XSLT to Java, using Jsoup to marshall HTML and Jaxb to unmarshal the proprietary XML.
- Uses Agile methodologies with a remote team in Argentina and the customer HQ in Ames, Iowa.
- Built in-house CI tool integrated with GitHub.
Software Development2009 - 2011Globant
Technologies: Java, Ruby on Rails, Agile, Scrum, Ant2, Gradle
- Developed and enhanced the insurance module of Orbitz World Wide and its entire platform.
- Built an internal tool to manage configuration files of the entire platform (XML files). Written an interface to Accurev (SCM) and Atlassian Jira.
- Coordinated with European product owners the products to include on each release.
- Developed the configuration change files (XML) requested by the product owners and coordinated with the release management team to include these changes in the next deployment. The goal was to deliver a configuration bundle every two weeks without production issues.
- Led a successful migration from Ant2 to Gradle.
- Prepared and maintained VMware virtual machines.