Verified Expert in Engineering
Gonzalo specializes in developing front-end web applications using React, Next.js, Redux, and GraphQL. He is skilled in HTML5 and CSS3 and has a strong graphic design background. He has an eye for detail and enjoys participating in the design process of the UI/UX. Gonzalo gained full-stack experience by working with Python, Flask, FastAPI, Node.js, Firebase, AWS, Docker, and New Relic. He has recently worked in game development using C# in the Unity game engine and shaders using HLSL/GLSL.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Git, MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was a large-scale telehealth solution for COVID-19 at-home tests that involved heavy front-end work and API design.
Game Engineer | Unity
- Programmed the gameplay and behaviors for Unity with C#. Designed the architecture with the testability and reusability of systems in mind.
- Built a dependency injection using Zenject, including game mechanics and enemy attacks with the command pattern and coroutines.
- Created 2D animations using Unity Animator/Mecanim with UI elements and animations. Optimized sprite assets for a reduced app bundle size and sprite atlases. Integrated audio assets from the Asset Store, working with Audio Source and Mixer.
- Integrated the SDK in Unity Ads and managed the Unity Ads dashboard configurations. Employed CI/CD with Unity Cloud Build and integrated it with Play Store/App Store APIs for automated deployment of builds.
- Implemented unit tests for Edit Mode and Play Mode.
- Delivered TestFlight to the App Store and internal testing tracks to the Play Store. Achieved production deployment of apps in the Play Store Console and the App Store Connect.
- Employed AssetBundle and LoadAsync for memory usage optimization. Also implemented ScriptableObject.
- Advocated for and implemented the first front-end unit test suite using the React Testing Library.
- Led the front-end development of a greenfield project, choosing technologies and establishing best practices with Next.js, React, RTK Query, Jest, React Testing Library, MSW, and Docker.
- Involved in R&D, implementing a React Component Library using GitHub Packages, GitHub Pages, and Storybook.
- Advocated for and implemented initial Cypress end-to-end testing.
- Designed and implemented translations using Contentful CMS used by millions of users.
- Implemented key parts of the React logic to support a COVID-19 testing telehealth solution used by millions of users.
Senior Front-end Developer
EatGeek (Toptal Client)
- Implemented an interactive landing page for the product of the company.
- Deployed the project to Firebase, using the Firebase CLI.
- Added custom styles and animations to match exactly what the designer envisioned.
- Integrated Adobe Typekit fonts into the project to match the designs.
Senior Front-end Engineer
Lucid Rocks (Via Toptal)
- Built the front-end web app from scratch using Next.js for server-side rendering.
- Consumed the GraphQL back end via Apollo Client using the GraphQL queries and mutations.
- Implemented GraphQL subscriptions to have real-time data updates in the web app.
- Implemented a responsive design using grid systems and dynamic measures in the CSS.
- Worked together with an almost completely distributed team with daily meetings to share our updates.
- Developed an admin dashboard using React with server-side rendering and consuming the existing APIs.
- Programmed the new version of the web app using Next.js on React.
- Built dynamic HTML templates for emailing the users.
- Implemented the chat using XMPP and other technologies.
- Implemented new features, improved performance, and built robust solutions for the payment products of our company.
- Designed and developed custom solutions for both internal and external projects.
- Evaluated and identified new technologies for implementation.
- Translated user requirements into technical solutions.
Senior Web Developer | Full-stack Developer
- Participated in multiple web application projects for clients in the United States, including Microsoft.
- Completed the full-stack redesign of a corporate solution with Microsoft as the final client.
- Redesigned a data management solution with a heavy focus on the UI for an important client in the US.
Web Developer | Full-stack Developer
- Led several projects for the company using Microsoft .NET technologies.
- Developed a student management application using all the stack from Microsoft, from DB, API to front-end.
- Built applications for Windows Phone and Windows 8.
- Created promotional videos for the company's products.
- Prepared and carried out presentations for our clients, showcasing the app's features and the look and feel.
Web Developer | Full-stack Developer
- Participated in the maintenance of a sports team management multi-tenant application.
- Collaborated as part of an off-shore team for our UK-based client.
- Contributed to the development of a new version of an application using .NET MVC.
Technologies used: HTML, SASS, JQuery, Gulp, PHP.
The Star Cat Game | iPhone and Androidhttps://www.nochegames.com/
Personal Art Gallery
Here is a portfolio with some of the work I have posted online. Most of my work consisted of illustration, but I also have vector design knowledge.
Next.js, Redux, Unity, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Unity3D, Express.js, Angular, Laravel, AngularJS
React, Node.js, jQuery
Adobe Photoshop, Google SketchUp, Affinity Photo, React Apollo, SketchUp, Sketch, Maxon Cinema 4D, Git, Figma, Sketch 2, Affinity Designer, Adobe After Effects, Google Analytics
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Docker, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Design, Drawing, Game Development, Mobile Games, Apollo, Google Tag Manager
Agile Software Development
MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB
Master's Degree in Computer Engineering
ORT University - Montevideo, Uruguay
React Native Academy