Head of Software Development2014 - 2017Rimac Automobili d.o.o.
- Worked on and was responsible for all non-embedded software activities in the company.
- Established the In-Vehicle Infotainment and Machine-to-Machine Systems departments.
- Worked on a large number of projects for different subsystems of different types of electric vehicles: cars, bikes, boats, wheelchairs, and more.
- Led different types of teams that did the following work: embedded software, Linux OS, vehicle user interface, web and mobile app development, and UI/UX design.
- Managed various multidisciplinary projects including mechanical, hardware, software and industrial design engineers, assembly, and manufacturing activities.
- Developed one of the most advanced infotainment systems in the automotive industry. An IVI system with a rich function set: vehicle data logging, analysis and visualization, vehicle control, GSM, WiFi/Bluetooth connectivity, web browsing, GPS turn-by-turn navigation integration, audio/video library, FM/DAB radio, and HTML5 applications.
- Built a secure real-time vehicle telemetry system, vehicle remote control protocols, remote vehicle software update, large scale data storage, real-time data analysis, web apps for data mining, live dashboards for vehicle tracking, mobile apps for vehicle status, and remote control.
- Developed a CAN bus-based booting protocol and development tools for vehicle ECUs.
- Worked on the vehicle communication framework for CCS fast charging stations based on the lwIP IPv6 networking stack.
- Managed resources and projects: product development, contract negotiations, strategic planning, recruitment, and lectures.
Chief Software Architect2012 - 2014BoatBooker (Mare Conecto d.o.o.)
- Led a team of 13 developers on the development of a large scale web application.
- Performed large scale refactoring of a legacy application.
- Designed the enterprise architecture based on inversion of the control and unit of work patterns with elements of aspect-oriented programming.
- Implemented the integration with multiple credit card payment systems with secure on-site credit card number storage.
- Implemented the integration with multiple booking systems for data synchronization and exchange.
- Implemented the continues integration system with automatic one-click deployment procedures for both staging and production environments.
- Extended the Entity Framework with features to improve developer productivity, to simplify query writing, and to better performance.
- Developed and integrated monitoring tools to help diagnose and resolve issues.
- Worked on developing procedures for internal processes: feature specification, software development, software testing, and technical support.
- Managed resources and projects; including actively recruiting the best talent.
Software Developer2011 - 2012NTH Mobile d.o.o.
- Developed native and HTML5 applications for iOS.
- Built controls for the company's internal iOS framework.
- Created a system for the application OTA (over-the-air) delivery to clients.
Software Architect2008 - 2011Bumblehood Ltd. (Bombus d.d.)
- Coordinated the development of the custom card terminal device with the external hardware producer.
- Led the development of embedded software for the custom card terminal device.
- Built and led the development of desktop applications for data synchronization from USB devices (cards and card terminals) with a remote server.
- Developed a security model for data protection on cards with mixed open and protected storage (USB Mass Storage in combination with MIFARE NFC chips).
- Built modules of a customer loyalty web application.
- Developed modules for a WYSIWYG browser based content editor.
- Created tools for data visualization and analyzing the state of a large-content base.
- Worked in an international team with English as the primary language.