Software Developer2018 - 2021Teledyne CARIS
Technologies: Python, Docker, Docker Compose, Git, Subversion (SVN), Swagger, PostgreSQL, Jenkins, Groovy, REST APIs, Microservices, Pytest, Technical Writing, Projects, Jira, Confluence, GIS
- Wrote Python standards, setting internal requirements for project structure, style, and development tooling. Provided mentorship to junior colleagues by reviewing all Python code written by the testing, technical support, and projects departments.
- Designed REST APIs for new software products. Wrote documentation in the Open API Swagger specification and developed test suites to validate API implementation.
- Developed a Python training course and provided live training to clients, generating enthusiastic feedback. Designed training exercises to build intuition on how to solve complex problems in small, easy-to-understand steps.
Project Technologist2013 - 2018Opus Stewart Weir
Technologies: Geographic Information Systems, LiDAR, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), Simultaneous Localization & Mapping (SLAM), Photogrammetry, Python
- Developed an innovative procedure for producing as-built floor plans faster and more accurately using handheld LiDAR scanners and SLAM algorithms. This product has generated significant revenue for the organization.
- Increased department efficiency by creating Python scripts to automate labor-intensive tasks. Restructured the storage of large LiDAR datasets used in pipeline design to significantly reduce time spent searching for and downloading data.
- Created deliverable products from terrestrial, mobile, and aerial LiDAR and UAV data.
- Provided cost and workload estimates for proposed projects and advised project managers on integrating LiDAR into their projects.
LiDAR Analyst2011 - 2013Leading Edge Geomatics
Technologies: LiDAR, Java, Geographic Information Systems
- Wrote code in Java for statistical analysis of aerial LiDAR forestry data to remotely estimate timber yields.
- Wrote Java scripts to apply corrections to LiDAR attributes, saving project rework.
- Processed geospatial data for use in mapping and 3D-terrain visualization. Used filtering techniques to classify large point clouds and applied vectors to aerial imagery for feature identification.