Technical Lead2012 - PRESENTRoyal Bank of Canada
- Led a team of 7 in the development of main institutional credit sales and trading applications as well as debt capital markets management application, used globally.
- Created a credit and rates trading application in C#/WPF, now used by all RBC traders across the globe and responsible for millions of dollars per day in institutional trading.
- Built a machine learning/natural language processing powered relationship strength mapping engine which computed best-paths between individuals by analyzing their online communications (email, instant-messaging, and more).
- Developed an in-house WPF based application framework which managed the creation of business controls and data retrieval/transformation to enable developers to rapidly create highly configurable applications.
- Worked as the leader of an in-house innovation team, winning multiple hackathons and producing three applications currently in pipeline to become production apps.
- Managed the full life cycle on projects from concept to production.
Principal Developer2007 - PRESENTSparkIT Solutions
Technologies: C#, WPF, HTML5, Perl, Python, BASH, PowerShell
- Created a Raspberry Pi based long term data logging device for UV Filters leveraging Modbus over Serial communications and built as an embedded device.
- Built an appliance for ingesting, retrieving, transforming, consolidating, and transmitting log, audit, and other types of data from multiple systems to send up to RSA Envision platform.
- Performed reverse-engineering on Windows-based malware using IDAPro, OllyDbg, Reflector, and Cuckoo.
- Designed and built multiple small business turn-key solutions—including everything from domain, accounting, file, mail, and client management servers to network to user devices and full integration.
- Participated in software security audits.
- Organized and managed community engineering projects.
- Created a web application that uses SpreadsheetGear and a complex Excel-based model (Jim Leach's Buy to Rent model) to perform analysis on data to determine whether to buy a piece of property as a rental.
Software Developer2010 - 2012Citigroup
- Worked as the principal developer on a credit risk aggregation app.
- Worked as the contact point between technical teams and the business users (traders).
- Created a WPF based framework for producing live-data, real-time reports based off Clojure scripts written on the server side.
- Developed a C# based message bus which allowed remote commands to be sent to applications using C# code.
- Developed the architecture for a unified service platform underpinning multiple applications within the credit space.