Verified Expert in Engineering
Greg is a technical lead in the financial services industry, with four years of leadership experience. He's a full-stack developer with more than eleven years in projects with high visibility and performance, such as a nuclear industry plant design and fixed-income trading. Greg is also a multiple hackathon winner leveraging ML/NLP with one patent pending.
PyCharm, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Visual Studio
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was a machine learning/NLP powered relationship-strength mapping engine based on the content of an organization's email.
Royal Bank of Canada
- Led a team of 7 in the development of main institutional credit sales and trading applications as well as debt capital markets management application, used globally.
- Created a credit and rates trading application in C#/WPF, now used by all RBC traders across the globe and responsible for millions of dollars per day in institutional trading.
- Built a machine learning/natural language processing powered relationship strength mapping engine which computed best-paths between individuals by analyzing their online communications (email, instant-messaging, and more).
- Developed an in-house WPF based application framework which managed the creation of business controls and data retrieval/transformation to enable developers to rapidly create highly configurable applications.
- Worked as the leader of an in-house innovation team, winning multiple hackathons and producing three applications currently in pipeline to become production apps.
- Managed the full life cycle on projects from concept to production.
- Created a Raspberry Pi based long term data logging device for UV Filters leveraging Modbus over Serial communications and built as an embedded device.
- Built an appliance for ingesting, retrieving, transforming, consolidating, and transmitting log, audit, and other types of data from multiple systems to send up to RSA Envision platform.
- Performed reverse-engineering on Windows-based malware using IDAPro, OllyDbg, Reflector, and Cuckoo.
- Designed and built multiple small business turn-key solutions—including everything from domain, accounting, file, mail, and client management servers to network to user devices and full integration.
- Participated in software security audits.
- Organized and managed community engineering projects.
- Created a web application that uses SpreadsheetGear and a complex Excel-based model (Jim Leach's Buy to Rent model) to perform analysis on data to determine whether to buy a piece of property as a rental.
- Worked as the principal developer on a credit risk aggregation app.
- Worked as the contact point between technical teams and the business users (traders).
- Created a WPF based framework for producing live-data, real-time reports based off Clojure scripts written on the server side.
- Developed a C# based message bus which allowed remote commands to be sent to applications using C# code.
- Developed the architecture for a unified service platform underpinning multiple applications within the credit space.
Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), .NET, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), ASP.NET Web API, ASP.NET MVC, AngularJS, Angular, Windows PowerShell
Git, Syncfusion, Visual Studio 2015, Terraform, Visual Studio, PyCharm
Infragistics, jQuery, Node.js
Agile Product Management, Agile Software Development, Gang of Four (GOF) Design Patterns
Linux, Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Microsoft SQL Server
Telerik Web Controls
Bachelor of Technology with Honors in Computing & Information Technology
McMaster University - Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Technologist Degree in Network Engineering & Security Analysis
Mohawk College - Hamilton, Ontario, Canada