Verified Expert in Engineering
Gregor is a team leader and full-stack software engineer with more than 15 years of work experience, mostly developing in Java/Grails/Angular and working with databases, directly or through ORMs like Hibernate or GORM. He has done work both in large companies and fast-moving small startups while being in roles of a senior software engineer, a freelancer, and lastly, a CTO. His passion are web applications powered by machine learning.
Git, Jira, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), IntelliJ IDEA
The most amazing...
...project I've led was to build an online private jet booking platform.
- Led and managed a team of senior professionals in a development team.
- Co-designed and developed a patent-pending AI/ML solution to analyze private jet traffic and provide pricing in real time.
- Developed a fleet and booking management software for private jet operators in Angular/Java/Grails.
- Developed an online private jet booking platform for customers in Angular/Java/Grails.
- Created a Liferay intranet solution for a small sized company.
- Worked on a web application for a private jet booking company.
- Create a Magnolia-powered website with apps for a client company.
- Developed a Spring MVC rolling road (trucks on trains) booking application for a client company.
- Developed a Spring MVC back end for JWS/TLS communication with a system for fiscal verification of invoices.
- Developed core and new features of a sports social network website in Spring MVC.
- Provided database optimization for a high-load website.
- Created various web scrapers and crawlers to fetch data used for analyses.
- Did ad-hoc engineering problem solving.
- Cooperated with owners to help shape new features.
- Developed new back-end features with Java and PL/SQL.
- Implemented solutions on-site with customers.
- Created new UI components to be used in the flagship product.
- Designed and implemented a new translation module in the back end.
- Communicated with clients remotely and on-site.
- Developed back-end application features with EJB, JBoss, and Hibernate.
- Developed UI features with Eclipse SWT and RCP.
- Did ad-hoc database queries and programming.
- Built an automatic reporting solution with Eclipse BIRT.
- Developed web application features with JSF and SEAM.
- Maintained production applications.
Junior Software Developer
- Developed web application features.
- Developed features for web programming interfaces.
- Administrated PostgreSQL database and ad-hoc queries.
- Wrote documentation.
- Wrote automated tests and did manual testing.
Junior SQL Developer
- Rewrote the automatic reporting system.
- Wrote Ad-hoc SQL queries for data used in other departments.
- Took care of data warehouse administration over the weekends.
- Implemented features on data marts.
- Optimized SQL queries for automatic periodic reporting.
Hibernate, Spring MVC, Grails, Angular, Spring, Swing, Seam, Gorm, AngularJS
jQuery, React, Node.js, Scikit-learn, Keras
Eclipse IDE, IntelliJ IDEA, Subversion (SVN), Jira, Eclipse RCP, Git
Oracle, Windows, Linux, Unix, Amazon EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, MySQL, MongoDB
Team Leadership, Remote Team Leadership, Machine Learning, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB)
Agile Software Development, Extreme Programming
Master's Degree in Computer Science
FAMNIT, Univerza na Primorskem - Koper, Slovenia
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer and Information Science
FRI, Univerza v Ljubljani - Ljubljana, Slovenia
Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Associate
Oracle Database SQL Expert
Sun Certified Java Programmer 6.0
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring